PDA

View Full Version : anorexia

princesskittypoo
02-27-2005, 06:31 PM
http://www.petitiononline.com/dsm01apa/petition.html

this is a petition to change the way anorexia is diagnosed.

princesskittypoo
02-27-2005, 06:36 PM
i am 436 on this list... :)

danceyogamom
02-28-2005, 01:45 AM
very interesting ...

a year ago I weighed under 100 lbs (I'm 5'7") and I was only considered borderline because I didn't display enough of the symptoms.

and this was my second major weight loss relapse since I was 15.

Giggles
02-28-2005, 02:24 PM
http://www.petitiononline.com/dsm01apa/petition.html

this is a petition to change the way anorexia is diagnosed.I agree that they need to change the diagnoses of anorexia. My sister and I have been anorexic since sixth grade. I remember how I was a size 14 in womens. I stoped eating cause all the kids would tease and beat me up. I thought that if I was like them then they would leave me alone, but nothing changed in fact things got worse. By the time I got help and was seeing things in a different light I had gone from a size 14 to a size 4/5 in a year. My sister was just as drastic, but it took her longer to heal. She was so bad they were going to hospitalize her cause her body was eating her heart. I will tell you one thing once you become anorexic it's very hard to get your life back on track. I'm still dealing with the affects of it and so is my sister to this day. I even have pictures from school id to show this developement.

Giggles
02-28-2005, 02:24 PM
very interesting ...

a year ago I weighed under 100 lbs (I'm 5'7") and I was only considered borderline because I didn't display enough of the symptoms.

and this was my second major weight loss relapse since I was 15.Not good hon, hopefully this petition will fix things.

princesskittypoo
02-28-2005, 09:55 PM
wow... your stories.... i don't beleive i have an eating disorder but i have been told before that weight has nothing to do with weather you have one or not.... that even over weight people can be annorexic or bulimic.

Giggles
03-01-2005, 02:15 AM
wow... your stories.... i don't beleive i have an eating disorder but i have been told before that weight has nothing to do with weather you have one or not.... that even over weight people can be annorexic or bulimic.yes it is also possible for over weight people to be annorexic they eat and eat and eat but there body doesn't really use the food for energy. It is usually stored in the body as fat and stays there instead of being absorbed and used by the body. well that is what i read any ways.

princesskittypoo
03-01-2005, 10:49 PM
yes it is also possible for over weight people to be annorexic they eat and eat and eat but there body doesn't really use the food for energy. It is usually stored in the body as fat and stays there instead of being absorbed and used by the body. well that is what i read any ways.
now see i forgot about binging... and obesity... i forgot they were also eating disorders...

Giggles
03-01-2005, 10:50 PM
now see i forgot about binging... and obesity... i forgot they were also eating disorders...It's very complicated I think cause there are all these different kinds of twists and turns for these things.