PDA

View Full Version : 9/11 Virus Destroys Fremont County Worker's Hard Drive

Gold9472
12-24-2005, 09:12 PM
9/11 VIRUS DESTROYS FREMONT COUNTY WORKER'S HARD DRIVE

http://www.kpvi.com/index.cfm?page=nbcheadlines.cfm&ID=30229

(Gold9472: I'm going to play "Conspiracy Theorist". When I read this, a few things went through my mind. The first thing that went through my mind was the audacity it took to use the phrase, "9/11" for a virus. To make people think you're going to contribute to something noble, and then be hit by a virus. Dastardly.

Then, I started to think about why an individual would want to use the phrase, "9/11" for a name. Could it be the creator of the virus wanted people to remember 9/11? An analogy of sorts. A virus spreads. The evil that took place on 9/11 has continued to spread across the planet. Maybe...

Or, this was created by the Government to make people fearful of opening 9/11 related emails.

Or, it could be that viruses are OFTEN named after disatrous events. Chernobl for instance.

Either way, I didn't want you guys to think I didn't go "out there" sometimes... ;))

Dec 24, 2005

Law enforcement officials are warning everyone to be especially careful as a new powerful computer virus makes the rounds here in Eastern Idaho.

It is called the 9/11 virus and will destroy your hard drive. It is often labeled 9/11 or world trade center memorial. It claims to have pictures or asks for help in remembering the victims of 9/11.

According to Fremont County Sheriff Ralph Davis, a probation and parole officer opened that e-mail and it killed his hard drive.

If you get this e-mail, you are warned not to open it and to delete it immediately.

princesskittypoo
12-24-2005, 10:14 PM
lol you are out there gold. i'll delete all 9/11 emails from now on lol