View Full Version : U.S.: Israelis Arrested For Illegal Peddling

Gold9472
12-13-2005, 10:03 AM
U.S.: Israelis arrested for illegal peddling
21 Israelis arrested on illegal peddling charges, to be deported

http://www.ynetnews.com/articles/0,7340,L-3183678,00.html

Itamar Eichner
12/13/2005

The wave of arrests of young Israelis in the United States has been renewed, as 21 Israelis were detained by U.S. Immigration Police in Iowa and South Dakota on charges of illegal peddling, Israel's leading newspaper Yedioth Ahronoth reported Tuesday.

Some of those arrested held work permits issued by the U.S. embassy in Israel. American immigration officials say, however, that the permits have expired and that the sellers were not allowed to work in the places where they were arrested.

Some of the Israelis were released on bail, while others will remain in custody. It is believed that all of them will be expelled from the United States.

Waves of arrests of Israelis in America is common during the run up to the Christmas and Thanksgiving holiday periods.

Eli Levi of the Israeli Consulate in Chicago told the Foreign Ministry in Jerusalem of the arrests and warned Israelis not to be tempted to arrive in the United States in order to make fast and easy money.

Gold9472
12-13-2005, 10:03 AM
Why is that common?

Partridge
12-13-2005, 12:33 PM
Presumably becasue the HOLIDAY SEASON (yeah fuck you O'Reilly) is a the biggest trade season of the year, and these peddlers are probably out in more force at this time of year.

I would imagine that Israelis are not the only peedlers arrested around this time of year, that all peddlers are arrested when seen peddling (perhaps because they 'steal business from the legitimate rip off merchants'), but Ynet concerns itself only with Israelis and/or Jews caught up in these arrests.

I mean, with the exception of the North African Jews (who are darker in skin tone than their european siblings), I find it pretty much impossible to distingush a Jewish person from any other white person (unless they're dressed up in full orthodox regilia, or wearning skullcaps). So I think that the idea Ynetis trying to plant here of cops seeking out Israelis is pretty ridiculous.