PDA

View Full Version : Pat Robertson called Democratic war criticism "treason"

beltman713
12-12-2005, 06:02 PM
http://mediamatters.org/items/200512120002

(Beltman713: Go to the link above, to see the video.)

Robertson called Democratic war criticism "treason"

Summary: Pat Robertson said that Democratic criticism of the war in Iraq "amounts to treason."

On the December 7 edition of Christian Broadcasting Network's The 700 Club, host Pat Robertson, founder of the Christian Coalition of America, said Democratic criticism of the Iraq war "amounts to treason" and that "carping criticism ... just doesn't cut it."

From the December 7 edition of Christian Broadcasting Network's The 700 Club:

ROBERTSON: We've won the war already, and for the Democrats to say we can't win it -- what kind of a statement is that? And furthermore, one of the fundamental principles we have in America is that the president is the commander in chief of the armed forces and attempts to undermine the commander in chief during time of war amounts to treason. I know we have an opportunity to express our points of view, but there is a time when we're engaged in a combat situation that carping criticism against the commander in chief just doesn't cut it. And I think that yes, we have freedom of speech -- of course we do -- but this has gone over the top and I think the Republicans are -- well, they've taken advantage.

—S.G

Gold9472
12-12-2005, 06:04 PM
Time to hang Pat Robertson.

PhilosophyGenius
12-12-2005, 06:23 PM
It's geniuses like this that made Vietnam last so freakin long.

beltman713
12-12-2005, 06:33 PM
So, I guess if the president announced he was going to start launching nukes at China tomorrow, no one is supposed to question his decision. He is the commander-in-chief, after all.