PDA

View Full Version : Castro Targets Jeb Bush With "Fat Little Brother" Poke

Gold9472
12-06-2005, 01:50 PM
Castro targets Jeb Bush with 'fat little brother' poke

http://www.chron.com/disp/story.mpl/nation/3504844.html

(Gold9472: "...you're just a fat kid. Sorry about that fatty fat fatty. Hey Tom he's just a fat kid! Aren't you, fatty? You're just a big ol' fat kid. Here's some chocolate fatso.")

By MARC CAPUTO
12/6/2005

TALLAHASSEE, FLA. - In a harangue about how a suspected anti-Cuba terrorist entered the United States, Fidel Castro singled out Gov. Jeb Bush — and went straight for the gut.

Castro called the governor "the fat little brother in Florida" and wondered if Bush had helped Luis Posada Carriles into the country, according to a transcript released Monday of the Nov. 17 address to University of Havana students, who erupted in laughter.

The Cuban leader didn't stop there.

"Forgive me for using the term 'fat little brother' " Castro said. "It is not a criticism, rather a suggestion that he do some exercises and go on a diet, don't you think? I'm doing this for the gentleman's health."

The governor's office wouldn't "dignify this with a response," a spokesman said.

In an e-mail, Bush declined Monday to discuss Castro's comments, saying questions about it were the product of a "slow news day."

During a question-and-answer session Monday, a reporter asked if there were anything in this week's special lawmaking session that gives him "heartburn."

Joked Bush: "I thought you were talking about my diet. I didn't have breakfast today."

When he first took office in 1999, Bush was more svelte when he would climb 22 flights of stairs to the top of the Capitol.

Since then, his pace his slackened.

ThotPolice
12-06-2005, 03:18 PM
Yeah that whole cuba US thing was always a childish game on the political playground.