PDA

View Full Version : The Simpsons

somebigguy
02-23-2005, 11:21 PM
They're showing the episode where the Simpsons go to New York to pick up their car at the WTC and Homer goes running up and down the towers looking for a bathroom.

Never thought they'd show that episode again...

princesskittypoo
03-11-2005, 11:08 PM
They're showing the episode where the Simpsons go to New York to pick up their car at the WTC and Homer goes running up and down the towers looking for a bathroom.

Never thought they'd show that episode again...
they try to take the towers out of everything. I remember they were putting out the spiderman movie at the time. and wanted to refilm or touch up, take the towers out... there was a big controversy about it.

Good Doctor HST
03-11-2005, 11:33 PM
If you want to see something absolutely ridiculous, check out the list of songs under the "should be banned" list by ClearChannel after 9/11....

Here's the link:
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_songs_deemed_inappropriate_after_Sept._11_ by_Clear_Channel

princesskittypoo
03-12-2005, 03:10 AM
If you want to see something absolutely ridiculous, check out the list of songs under the "should be banned" list by ClearChannel after 9/11....

Here's the link:
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_songs_deemed_inappropriate_after_Sept._11_ by_Clear_Channel
they banned van halen's jump.... *why*???

Good Doctor HST
03-12-2005, 09:55 AM
they banned van halen's jump.... *why*???

My guess.... b/c of the people jumping to their death from the towers when they were on fire. I assume that was their rationality.... it's just bull.

How about banning "Get Together" by the Youngbloods??!! Yeah, wouldn't want to harbor any feelings of togetherness at that time.....

somebigguy
03-12-2005, 10:51 AM
they try to take the towers out of everything. I remember they were putting out the spiderman movie at the time. and wanted to refilm or touch up, take the towers out... there was a big controversy about it.
You know what, they had a big commercial that involved the towers that they obviously couldn't show. I have it if anyone wants to see it...

somebigguy
03-12-2005, 10:57 AM
My guess.... b/c of the people jumping to their death from the towers when they were on fire. I assume that was their rationality.... it's just bull.

How about banning "Get Together" by the Youngbloods??!! Yeah, wouldn't want to harbor any feelings of togetherness at that time.....
Maybe they should have banned religion in schools, thats a hell of a lot more violent than any song.