PDA

View Full Version : A Stacked Deck

Gold9472
11-29-2005, 10:55 PM
According to www.gambleversity.com, a "Stacked Deck" is "a deck that has been arranged to give one player a huge advantage."

I thought of this today after re-reading Bryan Sack's piece about Philip Zelikow (http://www.yourbbsucks.com/forum/showthread.php?t=6646).

Philip Zelikow was a member of the Bush Administration. Lee Hamilton was known for cover-ups of investigations. Every single member of that Commission had conflicts of interests.

On TOP of that, Philip Zelikow literally ran the show. He LITERALLY ran the show. He would decide what they would investigate, who they would interview, which people would be divided into teams, and so on.

Doesn't that seem like a HUGE "advantage" for the Bush Administration SPECIFICALLY?

Why would the Bush Administration require a "Stacked Deck" in one of the most important investigations this country has ever known?

You tell me. WHY?

somebigguy
11-29-2005, 11:01 PM
Well, Bush said he didn't want to distract people from the war on terror by having a full investigation into 9/11. After all, how could having a thorough investigation into the worst terrorist attack on American soil help in any way with the war on terror?

Gold9472
11-29-2005, 11:04 PM
Well, Bush said he didn't want to distract people from the war on terror by having a full investigation into 9/11. After all, how could having a thorough investigation into the worst terrorist attack on American soil help in any way with the war on terror?

Yes, but didn't the family members, and the rest of the world deserve a THOROUGH investigation in to why 9/11 took place?

somebigguy
11-29-2005, 11:06 PM
Yes, but didn't the family members, and the rest of the world deserve a THOROUGH investigation in to why 9/11 took place?
NO, no, no, that investigation will distract from the war on terror, aren't you listening???

Fully investigating the terrorist attacks of 9/11 will only hinder the war on terror. Duh.

Gold9472
11-29-2005, 11:09 PM
NO, no, no, that investigation will distract from the war on terror, aren't you listening???

Fully investigating the terrorist attacks of 9/11 will only hinder the war on terror. Duh.

But doesn't that mean the entire 9/11 Commission's findings don't mean squat? I mean, they were only given $3Million to investigate the attacks originally. It wasn't until the family members FOUGHT for more, that they gave them a measily $15Million. To investigate 3000 deaths no less. They spent $50Million to see why the Space Shuttle blew up.

somebigguy
11-29-2005, 11:12 PM
But doesn't that mean the entire 9/11 Commission's findings don't mean squat? I mean, they were only given $3Million to investigate the attacks originally. It wasn't until the family members FOUGHT for more, that they gave them a measily $15Million. To investigate 3000 deaths no less. They spent $50Million to see why the Space Shuttle blew up.
It doesn't matter what the 9/11 commission found, they were only put in place to shut those pesky jersey girls up. We already know that my good buddy and business partner Osama Bin Laden is the terrorist mastermind and we should therefore invade Iraq. We don't need any investigation into 9/11, we already know who was behind it, haven't you been watching CNN?

Gold9472
11-29-2005, 11:15 PM
It doesn't matter what the 9/11 commission found, they were only put in place to shut those pesky jersey girls up. We already know that my good buddy and business partner Osama Bin Laden is the terrorist mastermind and we should therefore invade Iraq. We don't need any investigation into 9/11, we already know who was behind it, haven't you been watching CNN?

CNN? Why would I want to watch them? I remember just a few weeks ago while the White House was hosting Prince Charles for dinner, there was a protest going on outside. What seemed to be 1000's of people. I wanted to know what was going on, but CNN didn't have anything. Neither did MSNBC, FOX, ABCNews, CBSNews, The Wall Street Journal, The New York Times... none of them.

somebigguy
11-29-2005, 11:17 PM
CNN? Why would I want to watch them? I remember just a few weeks ago while the White House was hosting Prince Charles for dinner, there was a protest going on outside. What seemed to be 1000's of people. I wanted to know what was going on, but CNN didn't have anything. Neither did MSNBC, FOX, ABCNews, CBSNews, The Wall Street Journal, The New York Times... none of them.
Why do you hate our freedom? If you don't like it, why don't you move to Afghanistan.

God bless America.

Gold9472
11-29-2005, 11:20 PM
Why do you hate our freedom? If you don't like it, why don't you move to Afghanistan.

God bless America.

I don't hate our freedom. I'm quite fond of it actually. But people within the Bush Administration are currently working to take those freedoms away. Didn't you hear? The Pentagon is working on a proposal that will allow them to spy on us. That seems like an awful lot of power doesn't it? How were they allowed to get this powerful?

WhiteGuySaysThis
11-29-2005, 11:28 PM
Oh, Oh, Oh! I have the answer to this question. Is it because they want to govern what information is given and what the public is allowed to know?

Gold9472
11-29-2005, 11:29 PM
Oh, Oh, Oh! I have the answer to this question. Is it because they want to govern what information is given and what the public is allowed to know?

That's not why they needed a "Stacked Deck"...

WhiteGuySaysThis
11-29-2005, 11:32 PM
That's not why they needed a "Stacked Deck"...Whaaaa???

Gold9472
11-29-2005, 11:35 PM
Whaaaa???

The question is... why did the Bush Administration require a "Stacked Deck" for the investigation into 9/11? Why did they need an " huge advantange"?

WhiteGuySaysThis
11-29-2005, 11:39 PM
The question is... why did the Bush Administration require a "Stacked Deck" for the investigation into 9/11? Why did they need an " huge advantange"?Maybe because they want to hide the truth?

Gold9472
11-29-2005, 11:40 PM
Maybe because they want to hide the truth?

A truth that incriminates who?

WhiteGuySaysThis
11-29-2005, 11:44 PM
A truth that incriminates who?Bush and his posse.

Gold9472
11-29-2005, 11:45 PM
Bush and his posse.

DING! That question in and of itself, to me, is PROOF of complicity for the Bush Administration.

WhiteGuySaysThis
11-29-2005, 11:46 PM
DING! That question in and of itself, to me, is PROOF of complicity for the Bush Administration.Ya see, I'm not as stupid as everyone says. :D

Gold9472
11-29-2005, 11:47 PM
Ya see, I'm not as stupid as everyone says. :D

Close ;)

Gold9472
09-29-2007, 09:58 PM
bump