PDA

View Full Version : Believers Flock to See Virgin Mary Statue 'Crying'

Gold9472
11-26-2005, 11:28 PM
Believers flock to see Virgin Mary statue ‘crying’
‘It’s a miracle,’ parishioners say of reddish ‘tears’ on statute in Sacramento

http://www.msnbc.msn.com/id/10218566/

(Gold9472: Look what ya did George. You made the "Holy Mother" cry.)

http://msnbcmedia.msn.com/j/msnbc/Components/Photos/051126/051126_mary_vsml_7p.widec.jpg
Red stains are seen running from the left eye of a statue of the Virgin Mary at the Vietnamese Catholic Martyrs Church in Sacramento, Calif., on Nov. 22.

Updated: 9:33 p.m. ET Nov. 26, 2005

SACRAMENTO, Calif. - Carrying rosary beads and cameras, the faithful have been coming in a steady stream to a church on the outskirts of Sacramento for a glimpse of what some are calling a miracle: A statue of the Virgin Mary they say has begun crying a substance that looks like blood.

It was first noticed more than a week ago, when a priest at the Vietnamese Catholic Martyrs Church spotted a stain on the statue’s face and wiped it away. Before Mass on Nov. 20, people again noticed a reddish substance near the eyes of the white concrete statue outside the small church, said Ky Truong, 56, a parishioner.

Since then, Truong said he has been at the church day and night, so emotional he can’t even work. He believes the tears are a sign.

“There’s a big event in the future — earthquake, flood, a disease,” Truong said. “We’re very sad.”

On Saturday, tables in front of the fenced-in statue were jammed with potted plants, bouquets of roses and candles. Some people prayed silently, while others sang hymns and hugged their children. An elderly woman in a wheelchair wept near the front of the crowd.

A red trail could be seen from the side of the statue’s left eye to about halfway down the robe of concrete.

“I think that it’s incredible. It’s a miracle. Why is she doing it? Is it something bothering her?” asked Maria Vasquez, 35, who drove with her parents and three children from Stockton, about 50 miles south of Sacramento.

Thousands of such incidents are reported around the world each year, though many turn out to be hoaxes or natural phenomena.

The Diocese of Sacramento has so far not commented on the statue, and the two priests affiliated with the church did not return a telephone message Saturday.

The Rev. James Murphy, deacon of the diocese’s mother church, the Cathedral of the Blessed Sacrament, said church leaders are always skeptical at first.

“For people individually seeing things through the eyes of faith, something like this can be meaningful. As for whether it is supernatural or a miracle, normally these incidences are not. Miracles are possible, of course,” Murphy said. “The bishop is just waiting and seeing what happens. They will be moving very slowly.”

But seeing the statue in person left no doubt for Martin Operario, 60, who drove about 100 miles from Hayward. He took photos to show to family and friends.

“I don’t know how to express what I’m feeling,” Operario said. “Since religion is the mother of believing, then I believe.”

Nuns Anna Bui and Rosa Hoang, members of the Salesian Sisters of San Francisco, also made the trek Saturday. Whether the weeping statue is declared a miracle or not, they said, it is already doing good by awakening people to the faith and reminding them to pray.

“It’s a call for us to change ourselves, to love one another,” Hoang said.

© 2005 The Associated Press. All rights reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten or redistributed.

WhiteGuySaysThis
11-26-2005, 11:30 PM
Oh great, Revelations is coming true.

Gold9472
11-26-2005, 11:31 PM
I'm not really familiar with "Revelations". Did that call for this?

WhiteGuySaysThis
11-26-2005, 11:34 PM
I'm not really familiar with "Revelations". Did that call for this?No. I guess Revelations is supposed to start when the leaders of all nations get together and sign a peace treaty.

Gold9472
11-26-2005, 11:36 PM
LIST OF THE PRIMARY EVENTS PRECEDING CHRIST'S SECOND COMING

http://agards-bible-timeline.com/q8_signsofthetimes_lastdays.html

Spirit to be poured out on all flesh (Joel 2:28)
Universal apostasy (2 Thessalonians 2:1-4)
The watering down of the gospel, teaching the doctrines of man rather than those of God. Even priests will be led astray. (2 Tim 3:5, Matt 15:9)
False prophets and false Christs (Matthew 24:24)
Good will be called evil and evil good. (Isaiah 5:20)
Restoration of all things (Acts 3:19-21)
Gospel to be preached to all the world (Matthew 24:14, Revelations 14:6-7)
Worldly knowledge to increase (Daniel 12:4)
Israel to be restored as a political state (Deuteronomy 28:64, 30:3 Jeremiah 29:14, 30:3 Isaiah 43:5-6, Ezekiel 36:24, Amos 9:14-15
Earthquakes, floods, famines, plagues and diseases such as the world has never seen. (Matthew 24 and Luke 21)
Peace taken from the earth. Wars increase throughout the earth until war is on every land (Matthew 24 and Luke 21)
Increase in the wickedness, murder and crime among men. Increase in belief in the occult. (Matthew 24, Luke 21, 2 Timothy 3:1-5, 4:3-4)
People will not believe the signs (2 Peter 3:3-4, Matthew 16:1-4)
Increase in persecution of the Christians (Matthew 24:9, Mark 13:9)
Christ will come suddenly to His temple. (Malachi 3:1)
Signs and Wonders in heaven (Mark 13:25)
Mountains made low, valleys made high (Isaiah 40, Ezekiel 38)
Christ to receive his dominion from the Ancient of Days (Daniel 7:9-14)
Two prophets preach in Jerusalem for 1260 days. They have the power to bring famines and plagues. They are killed and lie dead in the streets for three and a half days while the wicked of the earth rejoice in the streets and exchange gifts in celebration of their deaths. On the third day they arise striking fear in the hearts of the wicked. (Revelations 11)
Armageddon. The nations of the earth gather to fight Israel at Jerusalem, at Armageddon in the valley of Jehoshaphat. (Revelations 16:16)
Sun darkened, moon becomes as blood (Joel 2:31, Acts 2:20, Revelations 6:12)
Jerusalem is taken captive, the houses riled, the women ravished. (Zechariah 14:2)
The Lord appears at Mount Olivet leading his people to victory (Ezekiel 38, 39, Daniel 11, 12, Joel 2,3)
Christ appears to all the earth. Every knee shall bow and every tongue confess that Jesus is the Christ. (Phillipians 2:11)
The righteous caught up to Christ, the wicked burned as stubble. (Malachi chapters 3-4)
The judgment and first resurrection (Matthew 25:31-46, Revelations 20:5-6)
The thousand years of peace ushered in, Christ to reign personally on the earth (Revelations chapters 20-21)

Gold9472
11-26-2005, 11:38 PM
Virgin Mary crying blood... Virgin Mary crying blood... nope, don't see it... WHEW... we're safe.

WhiteGuySaysThis
11-26-2005, 11:40 PM
Peace taken from the earth. Wars increase throughout the earth until war is on every land (Matthew 24 and Luke 21)

Ummm, I've read Revelations it says something different. Again, the bible contradicts its self.

Gold9472
11-26-2005, 11:43 PM
I'm the FARTHEST thing in the world from religious, so if someone has a better list, feel free to post it... I just grabbed the first thing I saw.

WhiteGuySaysThis
11-26-2005, 11:44 PM
I'm agnostic.

Gold9472
11-26-2005, 11:46 PM
I'm ticklish.

Partridge
11-27-2005, 01:04 PM
Why don't they just take a swab and analyse it?

My guess - some kind of reaction of acid-rain and the paint.

Gold9472
11-27-2005, 01:36 PM
Why don't they just take a swab and analyse it?

My guess - some kind of reaction of acid-rain and the paint.

BLASPHEMER!!!

Partridge
11-27-2005, 01:55 PM
It's not I who is the blasphemer, its those bloody Catholics, with their infidelic idolatry!!!

PhilosophyGenius
11-27-2005, 04:06 PM
Israel to be restored as a political state (Deuteronomy 28:64, 30:3 Jeremiah 29:14, 30:3 Isaiah 43:5-6, Ezekiel 36:24, Amos 9:14-15

aceace
11-27-2005, 05:05 PM
Read the book "The Bible Fraud" and "DaVinci Code" putting the 2 together will paint the picture of religious deception.

PhilosophyGenius
11-27-2005, 06:28 PM
Is the DaVinci Code fact or fiction?