PDA

View Full Version : Wife Of Al-Jazeerah Journalist 'To Sue U.S.'

Gold9472
11-24-2005, 01:18 PM
IRAQ WIFE 'TO SUE U.S'

http://www.mirror.co.uk/news/tm_objectid=16407582%26method=full%26siteid=94762% 26headline=iraq%2dwife%2d%2dto%2dsue%2du%2ds%2d%2d-name_page.html

Exclusive By Andy Lines And Kevin Maguire
11/24/2005

THE widow of an al-Jazeera journalist killed in Iraq by an American attack is considering suing the US Government.

Kuwaiti-born Tariq Ayyoub, 35, died when the station's Baghdad office was bombed in April 2003.

Now his wife Dima may take legal action. On Tuesday the Daily Mirror reported that George Bush planned to attack al-Jazeera's HQ in Doha, capital of Qatar.

Dina said: "The report proves the cold-blooded murder of my husband.

"America always claimed it was an accident. But I believe the new revelations prove that claim was false or at least not trustworthy.

"I will seek legal advice in light of this new information to achieve justice."

The UK Government has banned the media from publishing details of documents telling how the President wanted to bomb the Doha station in April 2004 until Tony Blair talked him out of it.

Al-Jazeera last night demanded the PM come clean over the revelations. Managing director Wadah Khanfar said: "We're taking this very seriously. Al-Jazeera has been attacked twice before and a colleague killed. I would like an official explanation about what happened."