View Full Version : Cindy Sheehan Is Going Back To Crawford For Bush's Thanksgiving Vacation

11-15-2005, 07:04 PM
Sheehan to resume Crawford protest



Cindy Sheehan is headed back to Crawford to meet President Bush at his Crawford ranch, RAW STORY has learned.

The anti-war mother who lost her son, Casey, in Iraq, will hold a vigil for five days, starting on Nov. 22 and ending Nov. 27. On Sheehan's last visit, President Bush declined to meet with her. She now hopes to meet Bush for Thanksgiving.

Sheehan will be joined by a handful of supporters back at the campsite where she spent 26 days in August during President Bush's vacation nearby. The protest is sponsored by Gold Star Families for Peace and Crawford Peace House. The group's roster includes organization of Katrina relief efforts.

Tonight is attending a fundraiser for Progressive Democrats of America, which was also guested by Rep. John Conyers (D-MI).

Tomorrow she will be in a D.C. district court with other protesters, where she has been called after her recent arrest outside the White House.

11-15-2005, 07:16 PM
Cindy Sheehan, others to appear in court Wednesday for White House arrests


John Byrne

Cindy Sheehan and various others who were recently arrested protesting the Iraq war outside the White House are to appear in court Wednesday at 9 a.m. for demonstrating without a permit, RAW STORY has learned.

Protesters were asked to pay a $75 fine, or could have their day in court, they say. Their hearing is scheduled for US District Court Room 1825 B, on 3rd and Constitution Ave NW in Washington, D.C.

Robert Alexander, one of those who will appear in court tomorrow told RAW STORY that he felt he had to speak for those in uniform who couldn't voice their feelings about the war.

“400 people don’t get arrested for nothing," Alexander said. These are matters of life and death and war. Our soldiers are getting their faces blown off over there. People in the military can’t speak for themselves right now. It’s up to us as citizens to do the self governing and this is one peaceful way to do it."

While he was handcuffed for 12 hours on a bus, Alexander said he was treated well by police.

"I was one of the guys in handcuffs on the bus for 12 hours," he added. "The police and processing were polite and respectful. They adjusted the handcuffs on our bus twice."