PDA

View Full Version : Here's to Canada, our good neighbor to the north!

John 63
02-19-2005, 08:04 AM
I dedicate this thread to my good friend Ophie!

Even though relations with Canada have become a bit troubled because of the current global situation, I believe that as time passes, any friction between the United States and Canada will be smoothed out. I think that as a nation, we are extremely fortunate to have a country such as Canada as our neighbor. I believe our common border is the longest undefended border (meaning that military forces are not arrayed against each other) that is shared by any two countries in the entire world. We share a common heritage and a common language. These are things that we should be very happy about. Nations are like people, they can make it through life alone, but it's much better to have allies (and friends) to help you along the way.:)

I posted a similar thread on the PSBB, so my apologies to anyone who has felt like they read this before!;)

somebigguy
02-19-2005, 10:46 AM
How many Canadian soldiers owe their life to Chretien? Countless Canadians are still alive thanks to his decision to stay out of the war. Isn't that what elected officials are supposed to do? Protect their citizens?

Memo to Bush....

Ophie
02-19-2005, 12:17 PM

Even though relations with Canada have become a bit troubled because of the current global situation, I believe that as time passes, any friction between the United States and Canada will be smoothed out. I think that as a nation, we are extremely fortunate to have a country such as Canada as our neighbor. I believe our common border is the longest undefended border (meaning that military forces are not arrayed against each other) that is shared by any two countries in the entire world. We share a common heritage and a common language. These are things that we should be very happy about. Nations are like people, they can make it through life alone, but it's much better to have allies (and friends) to help you along the way.:)

I posted a similar thread on the PSBB, so my apologies to anyone who has felt like they read this before!;)
Awww, thanks. We love you guys too (even though it may not always seem like it). We definitely are lucky to have you next door. :)

Ophie
02-19-2005, 12:18 PM
How many Canadian soldiers owe their life to Chretien? Countless Canadians are still alive thanks to his decision to stay out of the war. Isn't that what elected officials are supposed to do? Protect their citizens?

Memo to Bush....
I hated Cretin but God bless him for that decision.

Gold9472
02-19-2005, 12:18 PM
Awww, thanks. We love you guys too (even though it may not always seem like it). We definitely are lucky to have you next door. :)

Let's hope that sentiment is true.

Ophie
02-19-2005, 12:19 PM
Let's hope that sentiment is true.
Would I lie? :)

Nowhereman
02-19-2005, 01:02 PM
I like how you said that without blaming anyone or Bush. Kudo's to the Kaiser.

Gold9472
02-19-2005, 01:03 PM
I like how you said that without blaming anyone or Bush. Kudo's to the Kaiser.

That's because he IS George Bush. :D :eek:

Nowhereman
02-19-2005, 01:10 PM
I have gone fishing there a couple times. Someday I might return. I was amazed how similiar the Canadians I met were to Americans. Many hated the French too.;)

John 63
02-19-2005, 04:36 PM
That's because he IS George Bush. :D :eek:

Now THAT'S an insult!:D

John 63
02-19-2005, 04:47 PM

Thank you Ophie.;) Don't believe all the hard line conservatives over at the other BB, there's not that much animosity towards your country. Those idiots are living miserable lives, so they need something to take their frustrations out on the internet, know what I mean?

Ophie
02-19-2005, 05:56 PM
Thank you Ophie.;) Don't believe all the hard line conservatives over at the other BB, there's not that much animosity towards your country. Those idiots are living miserable lives, so they need something to take their frustrations out on the internet, know what I mean?
You know, I never really thought there was that much animosity until I got to that board. But I guess you're right, and I know they just throw in those low blows to tick me off. It's also because they don't have the smarts to debate with real facts and logic. They have to resort to lame insults instead. :rolleyes:

John 63
02-19-2005, 08:59 PM
You know, I never really thought there was that much animosity until I got to that board. But I guess you're right, and I know they just throw in those low blows to tick me off. It's also because they don't have the smarts to debate with real facts and logic. They have to resort to lame insults instead. :rolleyes:

And I don't care what the PSBB consevatives say, one of the reasons that Bush was re-elected was because of voter's reluctance to change administrations in the middle of a war. Had the Iraq war been won quickly, Bush would have had a way harder time winning, because of the economy being sluggish. Look at what happened to his father in 1992, after the first Gulf war.

Ophie
02-19-2005, 09:20 PM
And I don't care what the PSBB consevatives say, one of the reasons that Bush was re-elected was because of voter's reluctance to change administrations in the middle of a war. Had the Iraq war been won quickly, Bush would have had a way harder time winning, because of the economy being sluggish. Look at what happened to his father in 1992, after the first Gulf war.
I think you're right. Makes sense. Funny how people will throw all the bad things out the window, and vote for him based simply on that fact.

I think one of the reasons people give Canadians a hard time is because we're so liberal up here. Some of those guys just can't handle that.

John 63
02-19-2005, 09:59 PM
I think you're right. Makes sense. Funny how people will throw all the bad things out the window, and vote for him based simply on that fact.

I think one of the reasons people give Canadians a hard time is because we're so liberal up here. Some of those guys just can't handle that.

Got to go now, Ophie! See you later!:)

princesskittypoo
02-19-2005, 10:57 PM
I want to visit canada one day... what's up there?

Good Doctor HST
02-19-2005, 11:00 PM
And here's to The Sundowner in Niagara Falls, home to some of the best-looking gals in the world! I had a good time up there a couple years ago.

princesskittypoo
02-19-2005, 11:07 PM
And here's to The Sundowner in Niagara Falls, home to some of the best-looking gals in the world! I had a good time up there a couple years ago.
ooh my grandma went to niagra falls... forgot it was up there. i think my ancestors can through from canada... migrated south.