PDA

View Full Version : Well shit! Tinfoil hats don't work!

Partridge
11-11-2005, 03:30 PM
MIT study: Do tinfoil helmets really work?
National Business Review (http://www.nbr.co.nz/home/column_article.asp?id=13461&cid=3&cname=Technology) (NZ)

Engineers at the Massachussetts Institute of Technology have published results (http://people.csail.mit.edu/rahimi/helmet/) showing that tinfoil helmets, prized in many circles for an assumed capacity to resist mind control rays from aliens and governments, may actually amplify the controlling signals.

There's only one problem: The humour of the engineers is so deadpan, the findings are likely to be cited ad infinitum in conspiracy and UFO journals.

The abstract for the profusely illustrated study says:

Using a $250,000 network analyser, we find that although on average all helmets attenuate invasive radio frequencies in either directions (either emanating from an outside source, or emanating from the cranium of the subject), certain frequencies are in fact greatly amplified. These amplified frequencies coincide with radio bands reserved for government use according to the Federal Communication Commission (FCC). Statistical evidence suggests the use of helmets may in fact enhance the government's invasive abilities. We theorize that the government may in fact have started the helmet craze for this reason.

The study contains recommendations for the construction of helmets that will work more efficiently as well as detailed results on the examination of three classic helmets, the Classical, the Fez, and the Centurion.

One finding, raising entirely new fields of speculation, is that certain frequencies enhanced by the helmets are in the hands of multi-national corporations.

The researchers did not, however, delve into the critical question of whether one should construct hats with the reflective side of the foil facing in or out.

(Partridge: Well fuck that! What am I gonna do with the twenty-seven cases of tinfoil hats I was gonna sell...?)

Gold9472
11-11-2005, 03:31 PM
HA! I was saving this for later... oh well.

Partridge
11-11-2005, 03:36 PM
I was reading your brainwaves with my superbrainmachine(TM), and I wanted to beat you to posting it.

Mwahahahaha!

amman254
11-11-2005, 03:39 PM
you're lucky he had his tin foil hat on partridge, that's why you got it so strong

Partridge
11-11-2005, 03:50 PM
I just got this pic from my live feed camera in Gold's house:

http://home.no.net/holodoc/ordinary1.jpg

amman254
11-11-2005, 03:55 PM
carefull, carefull, that is not just a simple tin foil hat....

it's also combining the strength of the pyramid effect...we could be in trouble here....

Partridge
11-11-2005, 03:58 PM
Gold is the ILLUMINATI!

Get him! He done 911! He's disinfo!

amman254
11-11-2005, 04:00 PM
and he copied the assembly instructions right off the friggin dollar bill....

911=inside job
11-11-2005, 05:59 PM
i didnt even know they were real!!!! i just know im told i wear one a lot!!! HAHAH!!!!

Gold9472
11-11-2005, 07:02 PM
Some Gold bashing going on in here... who wants me?