PDA

View Full Version : Class Project -- Need help

Prime
11-11-2005, 11:37 AM
I am currently taking a Public Speaking class. For my Persuasive speech, I chose to do it on 9/11, and the truth behind what you heard. I know I can't talk about all the stuff, so I am going to focus it on three points, the planes that were flown into the trade towers might not have been what they were said to be, the collision of the planes might not had been strong enough to take down both towers, and yeah. I don't know if these are the best 3 subjects to talk about, and I don't know where to find the best information on these subjects.

So I come to you (everyone) and ask for some assistance in this matter. I've been to many websites, but it seems very complex, a little too complex for me. If anyone can help with this, I'd be very appreciative.

Thanks

Gold9472
11-11-2005, 11:50 AM
I'll be on later to help you out... Tonight... I would recommend focusing on different things... I'll explain later.

Gold9472
11-11-2005, 11:52 AM
BTW... I don't know if you're referring to holograms in regards to the planes... but that's a lot of hoo-ha.

Welcome to the site by the way... if you want help, THIS is the place to be.

Prime
11-11-2005, 12:00 PM
I don't know what I'm referencing to really. I'm just looking to educate others on what really happened on 9/11 for a persuasive speech. I have no idea what 3 points I will make, and I could really use some help here. I rather focus just on the twin towers as I feel trying to focus on all the events on 9/11 would make my speech run way too long.

911=inside job
11-11-2005, 12:09 PM
you need to talk about wtc-7!!!!! most people dont even know about it... its an easy one too... the main thing about wtc 7 is that it was a 47 story building that didnt get hit by a plane yet it fell at 5:30 pm from small fires(so they say)...

Gold9472
11-11-2005, 12:11 PM
There are plenty of people here to help you out... in regards to 9/11... Focus on why it happened first... who benefitted, etc... once you understand that... then focus on the how... one becomes easier to believe by first knowing and understanding the other...

Prime
11-11-2005, 12:12 PM
Okay, where can I get information on that? I need to convey a persuasive mood to my speech, but it's starting to sound like a informative, but that's okay. I'll take any help.

Gold9472
11-11-2005, 12:13 PM
Here's a good article to get you started...

Click Here (http://www.yourbbsucks.com/forum/showthread.php?t=5708)

Gold9472
11-11-2005, 12:13 PM
Sorry, I can't help more now... but I'm at work... ttyl.

Prime
11-11-2005, 12:30 PM
Tis' okay. Thanks for the help and hope to hear from you again.

somebigguy
11-11-2005, 12:51 PM
Hey Prime, awesome that you chose this topic!!!

First of all, check out these two beauties when it comes to persuasive speech:

Simple Logic Exposes the Truth:
http://www.911blogger.com/2005/08/user-submission-simple-logic-exposes.html

Simple Logic Part II:
http://www.911blogger.com/2005/10/simple-logic-part-ii.html

I would strongly recommend the topic of controlled demolition for your speech, especially considering the news posted today by a Physics professor regarding the collapses of 9/11:

http://www.yourbbsucks.com/forum/showthread.php?t=6167

I would avoid anything speculative like the planes possibly being swapped, missles, remote control, etc, that stuff is hard to prove.

However, there are so many witnesses that saw/felt/heard explosives that day, that there is plenty of evidence for controlled demolition.

I would recommend researching a fellow named William Rodriguez a WTC maintenance worker who saved as many as 15 people that day. By all accounts, he is an American hero and stands for everything that the U.S. holds dear. He also felt a huge explosion BELOW his feet BEFORE the first plane hit. He is currently touring the country and the world educating the people as to what he saw that day.

To get started with Rodriguez, here is an audio of an interview with him:

http://www.911blogger.com/2005/11/william-rodriguez-last-person-out-of.html

There is tons of information on Rodriguez, so if you need more, definitely let us know and we'll dig some up for you.

You might also want to mention a wealthy man named Jimmy Walters who has spent much of his wealth promoting these facts and is giving away free dvd's to anyone who requests them. You can find this information here:

http://www.reopen911.org/

You might also want to mention that Jimmy Walters is offering a $1,000,000 reward to anyone who can prove that explosives were NOT used to bring down the towers, this story can be found here:

http://reopen911.org/Contest.htm

Finally, check out this spectactular flyer called Bush Knew, you can hand them out to your audience. You'll notice how the information in the flyer starts with some relatively well known mainstream information about the attacks, and slowly brings the reader into much of the lesser known information and before the reader realizes it, he is knee deep in evidence that 9/11 was a government black ops exercise.

You can find this flyer here: www.911blogger.com. Just look on the left side for a graphic that says Bush Knew, there is an HTML version that you can check out really quick, but you should download and print the PDF version.

Definitely ask a lot of questions, there are lots of knowledgable people here...

somebigguy
11-11-2005, 01:37 PM
By the way, how could I forget Dr. David Ray Griffin???

This guy has been preaching controlled demolition for years, you gotta check out one of his recent lectures.

Anyone know where a recent DRG lecture is available????

In the meantime, check out this article by Dr. Griffin where he made the statement that:

Controlled Demolition is no longer a theory, BUT A FACT!!!

Check it out: http://www.911blogger.com/2005/10/theologian-says-controlled-demolition.html

Prime
11-11-2005, 02:25 PM
somebigguy, nice name! :D

Okay, that sounds like a reasonable topic. Didn't the guy who owned that one building come on tv and say he hired someone to implode it?

Okay, I like the topic, The Controlled Demolitions of 9/11, but how can I break that up into like 3 categories. Let's see, I could do one category on the North/South tower being demolished, and then, maybe another on that building that fell for no reason (with that guy who came on tv...etc), and then, maybe introduce the people you were talking about maybe?

I'd like to incorporate some audio into the presentation, maybe like a minute or two or three of some audio. I was thinking I could turn off all the lights, turn on the audio and it would make the audience feel like they were there at the exact same time. I don't know, it sounds like a alright idea atleast.

I don't know much about this subject, but I have two weeks to research and learn more about it. All I know about it is what I've seen from this DVD, it had firemen talking about how they heard explosives firing kind of like demolision with the sounds going vertically down in a row.

I will read everything you posted and get back to you. Thanks for the help everyone.

EDIT: Wow, just read both the articles, you posted right?

Even if someone was biased and believed that the inferno's made 3 building fall like that, the information cannot be denied. You just can't look at that information and disagree without looking dumb.

somebigguy
11-11-2005, 02:49 PM
somebigguy, nice name! :D

Okay, that sounds like a reasonable topic. Didn't the guy who owned that one building come on tv and say he hired someone to implode it?

Okay, I like the topic, The Controlled Demolitions of 9/11, but how can I break that up into like 3 categories. Let's see, I could do one category on the North/South tower being demolished, and then, maybe another on that building that fell for no reason (with that guy who came on tv...etc), and then, maybe introduce the people you were talking about maybe?

I'd like to incorporate some audio into the presentation, maybe like a minute or two or three of some audio. I was thinking I could turn off all the lights, turn on the audio and it would make the audience feel like they were there at the exact same time. I don't know, it sounds like a alright idea atleast.

I don't know much about this subject, but I have two weeks to research and learn more about it. All I know about it is what I've seen from this DVD, it had firemen talking about how they heard explosives firing kind of like demolision with the sounds going vertically down in a row.

I will read everything you posted and get back to you. Thanks for the help everyone.

EDIT: Wow, just read both the articles, you posted right?

Even if someone was biased and believed that the inferno's made 3 building fall like that, the information cannot be denied. You just can't look at that information and disagree without looking dumb.
Hey Prime, definitely include the video of Silverstein using the phrase "Pull It", keep in mind that the documentary where he made that statement was America Rebuilds by PBS and in the documentary it once again used the phrase "Pull" as it described the controlled demolition of building 6 several months later.

I'd also include the video discussion in the firehouse between the firefighters as they explain how each floor popped out.

When you need to break it into three categories, here are three distinct categories you could use: Means, Motive, and Opportunity.

Alternatively you can discuss the official version of the collapses, the alternative versions of the collapses, and then who benefitted from the collapses.

A third option for the three topics could be; what does controlled demolition look like (give examples), typically what effect does fire and/or damage have on a building (give examples), then what category does the collapse of the trade towers fit in to.

Anyway, there are tons of links in that information I posted, you should be able to pick out the audio, video, and images you need from there. If you are looking for better multimedia, definitely let any of us know, we'll be able to dig whatever you need up.

I've got lots more, so lemme know what you need.

Finally, thank you for considering this topic. What made you decide to do this topic, and how did you end up here?

Prime
11-11-2005, 03:04 PM
Hmm. Well I had an english teacher last year and he used to tell the class about "conspiracies" and stuff. He told us about 9/11, and I was interested in it, so he gave me a DVD about 9/11. It got me interested in it, and I am still interested in it. My interest died down after I got out of his class. Well now I am in a public speaking class and we have to choose a topic for our persuasive essay. And I was throwing around a few ideas and asking myself, why would my audience care about this? And without a doubt, the 9/11 thing made me feel like the audience would care the most about it because it is about something that happened in our nation and affects us all in different ways.

It's such a huge topic, so I do need to narrow it down. Controlled demolition is a good subject, and I am going to use it. I have no idea who would benefit from the towers being demolished, so I would need some information there. I know that guy made billions off the insurance of the 7 building I believe one article said. I would really like to show examples of controlled demolition, burnt buildings, and then the trade towers falling. I could break it down into this:

Body:
A - Explain about the effects on buildings that have had huge fires. Show examples of previous buildings that have been in huge fires yet haven't fallen. Give the statistic that there has never been a building that has fallen like the towers did because of a fire.
B - Explain controlled demolition. Show examples of controlled demolition.
C - Give "supposed" reason for towers falling with building 7. Show clips of the towers and building 7 falling. Play the video clip if the owner of building 7 saying he pulled the building.

How is that?

somebigguy
11-11-2005, 04:09 PM
Hmm. Well I had an english teacher last year and he used to tell the class about "conspiracies" and stuff. He told us about 9/11, and I was interested in it, so he gave me a DVD about 9/11. It got me interested in it, and I am still interested in it. My interest died down after I got out of his class. Well now I am in a public speaking class and we have to choose a topic for our persuasive essay. And I was throwing around a few ideas and asking myself, why would my audience care about this? And without a doubt, the 9/11 thing made me feel like the audience would care the most about it because it is about something that happened in our nation and affects us all in different ways.

It's such a huge topic, so I do need to narrow it down. Controlled demolition is a good subject, and I am going to use it. I have no idea who would benefit from the towers being demolished, so I would need some information there. I know that guy made billions off the insurance of the 7 building I believe one article said. I would really like to show examples of controlled demolition, burnt buildings, and then the trade towers falling. I could break it down into this:

Body:
A - Explain about the effects on buildings that have had huge fires. Show examples of previous buildings that have been in huge fires yet haven't fallen. Give the statistic that there has never been a building that has fallen like the towers did because of a fire.
B - Explain controlled demolition. Show examples of controlled demolition.
C - Give "supposed" reason for towers falling with building 7. Show clips of the towers and building 7 falling. Play the video clip if the owner of building 7 saying he pulled the building.

How is that?
That is really interesting that a teacher talked to you about this stuff. What CD did he give you?

I think your layout is fine, how long does your presentation need to be? Those articles I sent you two have a few links to buildings that survived fire and damage of other sorts as well as links to controlled demolition. We can get you a lot more examples of these if you need more than that.

During a controlled demolition, just before the major collapse begins, there are usually a series of pre-demolition flashes that weaken certain parts of the building. What you can do is find a good example of the pre-detonation flashes in a controlled demolition, play that for the audience, and then cut to the following statements made by firemen that were there:

"The captain of emergency medical services said "somewhere around the middle of the world trade center there was this orange and red flash coming out ... initially it was just one flash then this flash just kept popping all the way around the building and that building had started to explode ... and with each popping sound it was initially an orange and then red flash came out of the building and then it would just go all around the building on both sides ... as far as could see these popping sounds and the explosions were getting bigger going both up and down and then all around the building" (page 15 -- pdf file; Google's web version is here)"

"Similiarly, the Assistant Fire Commissioner stated "I thought . . . before . . . No. 2 came down, that I saw low-level flashes. . . . I . . . saw a flash flash flash . . . [at] the lower level of the building. You know like when they . . . blow up a building. . . ?” . In the same statement, the Assistant Commissioner recounts how a lieutenant firefighter he spoke with independently verified the flashes."

This information can be found here, these statements have only recently been released to the public.
http://sfgate.com/gate/pictures/2005/09/10/ga_karin_deshore.pdf
http://www.nytimes.com/packages/html/nyregion/20050812_WTC_GRAPHIC/Gregory_Stephen.txt

somebigguy
11-11-2005, 04:12 PM
http://www.yourbbsucks.com/forum/showthread.php?t=46

somebigguy
11-11-2005, 04:16 PM
http://www.911blogger.com/2005/11/nist-weak-steel-not-factor-in-wtc.html

"NIST: Weak steel not a factor in WTC collapse"

Prime
11-11-2005, 04:17 PM
It was a DVD something to do with 911 planes and something, can't remember exactly, in plane site, or something.

My speech needs to be around 8 minutes or I think that is what my teacher said.

I'm thinking, with more information being given to me, to cut my subjects to 2 things, 1 being controlled demolitions, talking about how it is done, including the lights, showing examples of it, and maybe quoting a few people on those lights thing, and 2, talking about why the towers and the building fell, showing examples of buildings on fire, saying that a building has never fallen like the towers did because of a fire, and then like just cutting to people talking about what they heard. Like a, this is what people thought they heard/saw, and you can form your own opinion off of all this information. Buildings on fire just isn't seeming to be big enough for it's own part of the body to be about it.

I do need to limit what I say, because it does need to be around 8 minutes long and well my last speech ran way too long over the time limit lol.

Thanks for the help.

somebigguy
11-11-2005, 04:20 PM
It was a DVD something to do with 911 planes and something, can't remember exactly, in plane site, or something.

My speech needs to be around 8 minutes or I think that is what my teacher said.

I'm thinking, with more information being given to me, to cut my subjects to 2 things, 1 being controlled demolitions, talking about how it is done, including the lights, showing examples of it, and maybe quoting a few people on those lights thing, and 2, talking about why the towers and the building fell, showing examples of buildings on fire, saying that a building has never fallen like the towers did because of a fire, and then like just cutting to people talking about what they heard. Like a, this is what people thought they heard/saw, and you can form your own opinion off of all this information. Buildings on fire just isn't seeming to be big enough for it's own part of the body to be about it.

I do need to limit what I say, because it does need to be around 8 minutes long and well my last speech ran way too long over the time limit lol.

Thanks for the help.
Good luck with it!!!