PDA

View Full Version : Oliver Stone to direct 911 film.

ThotPolice
11-04-2005, 02:58 PM
Oliver Stone is to direct a film starring Nicolas Cage as one of two police officers trapped in rubble after the 11 September attacks on New York.
(ThotPolice: I did a search and couldn’t find it, Gold missed this? I guess it will be more human drama than conspiracy)

http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/entertainment/film/4669467.stm

Oscar-winning actor Cage will play Sgt John McLoughlin, who was trapped following the collapse of the twin towers with officer William J Jimeno.

Paramount Pictures said it expects to release the film in 2006.

"It's an exploration of heroism in our country - but it's international at the same time in its humanity," Stone said.

More than 2,700 people died when hijacked planes collided with New York's World Trade Center on 11 September 2001.

Nicholas Cage recently starred in National Treasure

Officers McLoughlin and Jimeno are said to be the last two men rescued, and the film will focus on their families and those who rescued the men, Paramount said.

"I feel someone had to tell the story of the people who were in the Trade Center before and after it collapsed," said Sgt McLoughlin.

"It needs to be told how this horrific tragedy brought Americans and the world together to help those in need."

The film will not be the first to focus on the events of 11 September 2001.

Several independent movies including 2002's The Guys, in which Anthony LaPaglia played a fire captain who lost eight men in the Twin Towers' collapse, have been about the attacks.

Stone has won best director Oscars for Platoon and Born on the Fourth of July.

Cage recently starred in National Treasure and was also in Adaptation, City of Angels and Moonstruck.

Gold9472
11-04-2005, 03:04 PM
Gold misses nothing (http://www.yourbbsucks.com/forum/showthread.php?t=3098).

When I first got into the movement, I promised myself that Oliver Stone would never have the opportunity to make "9/11". I didn't want another movie depicting the fascism of the United States, unless it was after the those responsible were held accountable.

This isn't going to be about the crime committed by our Government. This is going to be a "tearjerker" based on the official account. Which is even worse.

Gold9472
11-04-2005, 03:08 PM
If I were New Yorkers, I would protest the shit out of this movie lot.

ThotPolice
11-04-2005, 03:48 PM
Yeah I'm surprised it is being made at all. I'm even more surprised he is leaving the conspiracy alone.

He did publicly state the attacks were a revolt from american foriegn policy.

somebigguy
11-04-2005, 04:13 PM
Yeah I'm surprised it is being made at all. I'm even more surprised he is leaving the conspiracy alone.

He did publicly state the attacks were a revolt from american foriegn policy.
I'm hoping he will sneak a couple of zingers in there, maybe a few bombs going off or something...

PhilosophyGenius
11-04-2005, 06:23 PM
I really don't see a problem with it because it doesn't seem to be about politcs (even though it's a very political issue), but about heroism. If you want to see what could possibly be biased movie, Speilberg is making one about the Israeli athlets who were killed at the olympics. I could be wrong on both points though.

Gold9472
11-04-2005, 06:54 PM
I really don't see a problem with it because it doesn't seem to be about politcs (even though it's a very political issue), but about heroism. If you want to see what could possibly be biased movie, Speilberg is making one about the Israeli athlets who were killed at the olympics. I could be wrong on both points though.

Telling a "heroic tale" in the context of the "Official Story" is more propaganda. It's another tool of the Administration as far as I'm concerned.

PhilosophyGenius
11-04-2005, 07:01 PM
I disagree. If a movie was made about Pearl Harbor during WWII (the govn't new about those attacks), would that be offensive even though it was about heroism rather than politics? I mean, just look at your avatar, "God bless the fireman, the police...the real heroes". This movie has the same message. But I'm not saying I want to go rush out and see it, I'm saying this isn't propaganda for the administartion, especially since everyone's made up there minds already. And by the time this movie comes out, Bush's term would have already been over.

It would also be intersting to see how Stone would direct the attacks since everyone knows what it looks like in real life.

Gold9472
11-04-2005, 07:05 PM
Do you remember the movie that came out within the last few years entitled, "Pearl Harbor"? That movie portrayed Roosevelt being the last to know even though it's not the truth. Further pushing the "official" storyline. People not in the know, will go home, and feel comfortable in the fact that they saw a "good" movie, but the fact of the matter is, they've been lied to again.

PhilosophyGenius
11-04-2005, 07:12 PM
Good point on "Pearl Harbor" movie. But the premis of this movie is about the heroism on 9/11 (such as in your avatar). If the premis was , a sgt. survives the attacks and then goes to Afghanistan and later Iraq to blow up some towel headed terrorits, and is lead by this great commander-in-chief (like the Pearl Harbor movie). Then I'd agree with you completly. But this movie ain't it. It's about what happened in WTC and nothing more.

And regarding whether or not he would talk about 9/11 truth in this film, take a look at this:
http://movies.yahoo.com/shop?d=hv&id=1800341652&cf=info&intl=us

He made a movie about the cover-ups and conspiracies regarding JFK's death. So who knows if he'll do that here

Gold9472
11-04-2005, 07:14 PM
Good point on "Pearl Harbor" movie. But the premis of this movie is about the heroism on 9/11 (such as in your avatar). If the premis was , a sgt. survives the attacks and then goes to Afghanistan and later Iraq to blow up some towel headed terrorits, and is lead by this great commander-in-chief (like the Pearl Harbor movie). Then I'd agree with you completly. But this movie ain't it. It's about what happened in WTC and nothing more.

And regarding whether or not he would talk about 9/11 truth in this film, take a look at this:
http://movies.yahoo.com/shop?d=hv&id=1800341652&cf=info&intl=us

He made a movie about the cover-ups and conspiracies regarding JFK's death. So who knows if he'll do that here

The difference being I tell the truth.

Gold9472
11-04-2005, 07:15 PM
He's not going to... he's going to play it "safe".

PhilosophyGenius
11-04-2005, 07:16 PM
As do I.

PhilosophyGenius
11-04-2005, 07:17 PM
He's not going to... he's going to play it "safe".

Probalby, there's still a lynch mob mentality going on regarding the "war on terror".

And ya know that video some dude made, where he lights a match and talks about how the explosion in WTC doesnt match a jet fuel blast? If you know a link to that or have that video, post it on this site so I can see it please.

:boyandpc:

Gold9472
11-04-2005, 07:17 PM
I'm saying the difference between Oliver Stone making a movie about 9/11 Heroes, and me having an avatar that promotes the true 9/11 heroes is that I'm telling people the truth. Oliver Stone is not.

PhilosophyGenius
11-04-2005, 07:22 PM
I'm saying the difference between Oliver Stone making a movie about 9/11 Heroes, and me having an avatar that promotes the true 9/11 heroes is that I'm telling people the truth. Oliver Stone is not.

"I feel someone had to tell the story of the people who were in the Trade Center before and after it collapsed," said Sgt McLoughlin.

-Has nothing to do with politics or the govn't or any war. I'm not saying I wanna see it, but I don't think it's gonna be used as probaganda consider the fact that Bush will be out of office by then.

-If this film was about the events surrounding what happend on 9/11 using the "official story", then I'd agree with you 100%. But this movie aint doing that.

Gold9472
11-04-2005, 08:36 PM
You don't understand then... Even if we manage to get through the next three years under the Bush regime, I am STILL going to fight for 9/11 Truth. Even AFTER he's gone.

ThotPolice
11-04-2005, 09:14 PM
The reason I posted this is because I read a different article about it in my local paper this morning, the article in my paper said he is not going to get into politics at all, that it would be a human drama story.

That is just so unlike Stone, I wonder if he will subtly sneak something in, or leave it open to interpretation, because if he does as Gold suggests and follows the official storyline, It will ruin his rep as a cutting edge controversial film maker,

JFK? He is a truther.

It was also scheduled to come out this august.

somebigguy
11-04-2005, 10:20 PM
Unfortunately its gonna be a propaganda piece. Unless us Truthers hit him hard with the truth!!!!!

Gold9472
11-04-2005, 10:21 PM
Unfortunately its gonna be a propaganda piece. Unless us Truthers hit him hard with the truth!!!!!

I say we find out when he's filming in NYC and protest the SHIT out of it.

ThotPolice
11-04-2005, 10:50 PM
I actually found the article I read today, yes it is a SUN paper, I know, I know. I read it at Tim-Hortons (SBG knows Tim-Hortons, Good coffee)
http://www.edmontonsun.com/Entertainment/Weekend/2005/11/04/1292261-sun.html

somebigguy
11-04-2005, 11:04 PM
I actually found the article I read today, yes it is a SUN paper, I know, I know. I read it at Tim-Hortons (SBG knows Tim-Hortons, Good coffee)
That's the best fn coffee going. Starbucks sucks big time.

somebigguy
11-04-2005, 11:05 PM
I say we find out when he's filming in NYC and protest the SHIT out of it.
I concur!!!! In your new position at 911truth.org, maybe you should suggest it. But not protests, just a huge education campaign on everyone involved in the making of the movie. Letters, emails, get the media involved, etc. There has to be an angle here we can exploit...

Gold9472
11-04-2005, 11:05 PM

Dude... you're on the fritz.

Gold9472
11-04-2005, 11:06 PM
Someone give ThotPolice a whack...

somebigguy
11-04-2005, 11:10 PM
I concur!!!! In your new position at 911truth.org, maybe you should suggest it. But not protests, just a huge education campaign on everyone involved in the making of the movie. Letters, emails, get the media involved, etc. There has to be an angle here we can exploit...
Hey Jon, you may have missed this post, what do you think?

Gold9472
11-04-2005, 11:14 PM
Hey Jon, you may have missed this post, what do you think?

I will suggest it. Good idea.

Gold9472
11-04-2005, 11:16 PM
Just sent them a letter.

somebigguy
11-04-2005, 11:18 PM
Just sent them a letter.
Excellent!!!

Gold9472
11-04-2005, 11:18 PM
Do you guys think starting a campaign to do everything in our power to educate those making the movie, march when they film in New York, etc... would be good?

Thanks,

Jon

somebigguy
11-04-2005, 11:19 PM
Do you guys think starting a campaign to do everything in our power to educate those making the movie, march when they film in New York, etc... would be good?

Thanks,

Jon
They are doing most of the filming in LA or somewhere like that BTW...

Gold9472
11-04-2005, 11:20 PM
They are doing most of the filming in LA or somewhere like that BTW...

But they have to film SOMETHING in NYC... I would think.

somebigguy
11-04-2005, 11:21 PM
But they have to film SOMETHING in NYC... I would think.
Not much, from what I've read.

Gold9472
11-04-2005, 11:22 PM
Not much, from what I've read.

Well... we're probably why. ;)

somebigguy
11-04-2005, 11:29 PM
Yeah right!!!!

ThotPolice
11-04-2005, 11:43 PM

Wha?

ThotPolice
11-04-2005, 11:47 PM
Someone give ThotPolice a whack...
You wanna go? HUH? PUNK!!
:piss2: :gold9472: :badass:

PhilosophyGenius
11-05-2005, 12:02 AM

Thanks,

Jon

Fantastic idea! That would get tons of publicity.

PhilosophyGenius
11-05-2005, 12:04 AM
You don't understand then... Even if we manage to get through the next three years under the Bush regime, I am STILL going to fight for 9/11 Truth. Even AFTER he's gone.

I know. I'm saying this film has nothing to do with politcs. People have already made up there minds for the most part. I'm saying this film is about the heroism that happend on 9/11. Nothing more. (at least that's what the plot says).

ThotPolice
11-05-2005, 12:17 AM

Thanks,

Jon
Let’s try to get in touch with Stone or an affiliate company and invite him here, stranger things have happened. We should totally try and e-mail his site or affiliate company site with as many e-mails we can, with easily referenced truths to educate.

The guy might not even know anything about the movement, if I was making a movie I would look into it.

But if no replies are gotten yeah protest.

Gold9472
11-05-2005, 12:27 AM
I'm sure he's typed in 9/11 before in a search engine...

ThotPolice
11-05-2005, 12:39 AM
Most likely, but maybe he just scratched the surface due to lack of time, if we lay it out for "him" in as many voices as possible he might look again and get a better view.?

Gold9472
11-05-2005, 12:41 AM
Most likely, but maybe he just scratched the surface due to lack of time, if we lay it out for "him" in as many voices as possible he might look again and get a better view.?

But hopefully if he does some REAL research... he'll find discrepencies, etc... we have to see if we can find how to contact him...

ThotPolice
11-05-2005, 12:42 AM

OHHH the TV snow avatar.

No man, thats what a TV looks like when it's "fixed" your looking at liberation by off switch my friend.

Gold9472
11-05-2005, 11:07 AM
Here's what Les Jamieson told me...

"We actually talked about this a few weeks ago. I found out that Jim Marrs, who worked with him on the movie JFK, gave Stone a copy of his book "Inside Job". So Stone should be aware of the larger picture. From what I've heard, though, this movie being filmed now is a dramatization of the experience of someone who worked in the towers and isn't an in-depth critique of any type. At the least, it will be an opportunity for activists to leaflet the crowds standing in line when the movie opens.

Les"

ThotPolice
11-05-2005, 01:45 PM
Well thats to bad, that would be a great idea to leaflet the crowds.

PhilosophyGenius
11-05-2005, 06:38 PM
Here's how I would make a 9/11 movie. It would be directed by Micheal Bay and would be starring Will Smith as army special forces commando who was in the WTC when it was attacked. His wife dies in the towers and he's out for blood against the killers who did that. During the war in Afghanistan military commanders deam him a loose cannon and order him back to the U.S. at which point Smith's character goes solo and kills a bunch of people (some with hand to hand combat). After he catches bin Laden he becomes a hero. In the sequel he goes over to Iraq and kills the Hussein family. That movie would be a blockbuster I tell you.

:mib:

somebigguy
11-06-2005, 09:21 AM
Here's how I would make a 9/11 movie. It would be directed by Micheal Bay and would be starring Will Smith as army special forces commando who was in the WTC when it was attacked. His wife dies in the towers and he's out for blood against the killers who did that. During the war in Afghanistan military commanders deam him a loose cannon and order him back to the U.S. at which point Smith's character goes solo and kills a bunch of people (some with hand to hand combat). After he catches bin Laden he becomes a hero. In the sequel he goes over to Iraq and kills the Hussein family. That movie would be a blockbuster I tell you.

:mib:
Yep, I could see the tagline:

"Inspired by actual events"

somebigguy
11-06-2005, 09:22 AM
You're probably right:

http://www.911blogger.com/2005/11/drunken-firefighter-crashes-stolen.html

ThotPolice
11-07-2005, 09:56 PM
You're probably right:

http://www.911blogger.com/2005/11/drunken-firefighter-crashes-stolen.htmlWOW

BTW
What is the toxin in the cloud?

I know that cutting concrete or concrete dust is toxic, it can cause silicosis, which is a permanent lung disease, it takes 3 or four years to develop after exposure so that seems to fit. The cloud being that thick and working in it for 16 to 24 hour shifts without a respirator would probably be enough exposure.

What else are they saying was toxic?

somebigguy
11-07-2005, 10:32 PM
WOW

BTW
What is the toxin in the cloud?

I know that cutting concrete or concrete dust is toxic, it can cause silicosis, which is a permanent lung disease, it takes 3 or four years to develop after exposure so that seems to fit. The cloud being that thick and working in it for 16 to 24 hour shifts without a respirator would probably be enough exposure.

What else are they saying was toxic?
I believe the towers were full of asbestos which can't be helping. BTW, it was going to take about 1 billion dollars to remove the asbestos from the buildings when Larry Silverstein took out a 99 year lease on them a few weeks before the attacks.

Suddenly the buildings are destroyed, and any and all asbestos problems are no more. Convenient huh?

rachel
11-08-2005, 10:26 AM
I can't believe I'm saying this, but I kind of agree with Gold on this one. :) Whether the movie is political or not, it will remind people of how they felt on that day - with only the "official" story to help them work out the politics. That could be good or bad. Good in that people will get that emotional connection back again, and hopefully direct it at the right targets (i.e., NOT iraq). Bad in that people may walk away thinking that we've been too hard on the president (i.e., "so there weren't wmds... look what 'they' did to us!").

I don't think you should protest the movie, but I do like the idea of sending Oliver Stone truther materials. Who knows? He may make a conspiracy movie later. That being said, I think a lot of people see Stone as a director who looks for controversy. At least that's how my parents (who voted for Bush and still support him) felt about his JFK movie.