02-17-2005, 12:33 AM
It's a useful tool... isn't it.

Gold9472
02-17-2005, 12:35 AM
He's right on time... isn't he.

danceyogamom
02-17-2005, 12:36 AM
It's a useful tool... isn't it.

when mixed with ignorance (or disinterest in thinking for oneself) it is a deadly one ...

*sigh*

Gold9472
02-17-2005, 12:39 AM
when mixed with ignorance (or disinterest in thinking for oneself) it is a deadly one ...

*sigh*

Did you know that Porter Goss and Bob Graham met with Lt. General Mahmoud Ahmad of the Pakistani ISI on the morning of September 11th, in Washington D.C.?

Lt. General Mahmoud Ahmad asked Omar Sheikh to wire transfer $100,000 to Mohammed Atta weeks before 9/11.

FYI...

http://globalresearch.ca/articles/CHO407A.html

somebigguy
02-17-2005, 09:21 AM
Hey Jon, do you have dates for each of those images?

Gold9472
02-17-2005, 09:43 AM
Hey Jon, do you have dates for each of those images?

They were plastered all over the news sites last night at the same time.

somebigguy
02-17-2005, 10:13 AM
They were plastered all over the news sites last night at the same time.
OK. I thought some of those were before the Iraq war and some were new ones in preparation for Iran, North Korea, Syria, etc.

Gold9472
02-17-2005, 10:16 AM
OK. I thought some of those were before the Iraq war and some were new ones in preparation for Iran, North Korea, Syria, etc.

Take out "Iran", and "Porter Goss", and insert "Iraq", and "George Tenet", and they may as well be the same headlines.

danceyogamom
02-17-2005, 11:12 PM
Take out "Iran", and "Porter Goss", and insert "Iraq", and "George Tenet", and they may as well be the same headlines.

And that makes the people buying this line of bull really pathetic ...

Good Doctor HST
02-17-2005, 11:14 PM
This week's sign that we live in a country of the credo: "We have nothing to fear, but not enough fear."

From ABC news:
OLEY, Pa. Feb 15, 2005 — A student apprehended on his high school roof in a gorilla mask was charged Tuesday with trespass and other crimes when his senior prank led to a school lockdown, officials said.

No one was injured and police found no weapons on suspect Matthew Pattison or inside Oley Valley High School in rural Berks County, state trooper Ray Albert said.

The 18-year-old Pattison a National Merit semifinalist with no school disciplinary record was charged with reckless endangerment, disorderly conduct, resisting arrest and criminal trespassing.

He told police he donned a gorilla mask and gloves and climbed up to the cafeteria roof Tuesday morning in order to peer down into classroom windows, Oley Police Chief David A. White said in a statement.

The prank was foiled when school staff saw someone donning the mask in the parking lot and scaling a wall and called authorities, who sent officers, a state police helicopter and a bomb squad.

According to police, Pattison said he wore the disguise and covered his license plate in the school parking lot so he could not be identified on school surveillance cameras.

The school, which sits just off of Main Street in Oley, has about 660 students.

School board member Robert Moore said his daughter, a sophomore, called him on a cell phone Tuesday morning to say police were at the school and students were under a lockdown. She was not overly alarmed, Moore said.

"In today's day and age, that's a precautionary measure," Moore said.

No one answered Tuesday at a home believed to be Pattison's, and it was not immediately clear if he had been released.

This was a big issue in the local newspapers where I live. People feel that the right sentencing and precautions were taken, because, and they all said the exact same two things: Columbine and 9/11... their reference points. Just goes to show that the public in Bumfuck Pennsyltucky can be led to fear terrorists and bombs; it reminded me of the one scene in Fahrenheit 9/11 where that little shittown in Virginia was put on high alert.... and the citizens were afraid of anyone that looked suspicious, even people they knew.

The Grand Royal Holy Shepard and the Bewildered Herd win again; the days of innocence are gone. Never to return. Beware Merry Pranksters..... you will be shot on sight.

danceyogamom
02-17-2005, 11:21 PM
This week's sign that we live in a country of the credo: "We have nothing to fear, but not enough fear."

From ABC news:
OLEY, Pa. Feb 15, 2005 — A student apprehended on his high school roof in a gorilla mask was charged Tuesday with trespass and other crimes when his senior prank led to a school lockdown, officials said.

No one was injured and police found no weapons on suspect Matthew Pattison or inside Oley Valley High School in rural Berks County, state trooper Ray Albert said.

The 18-year-old Pattison a National Merit semifinalist with no school disciplinary record was charged with reckless endangerment, disorderly conduct, resisting arrest and criminal trespassing.

He told police he donned a gorilla mask and gloves and climbed up to the cafeteria roof Tuesday morning in order to peer down into classroom windows, Oley Police Chief David A. White said in a statement.

The prank was foiled when school staff saw someone donning the mask in the parking lot and scaling a wall and called authorities, who sent officers, a state police helicopter and a bomb squad.

According to police, Pattison said he wore the disguise and covered his license plate in the school parking lot so he could not be identified on school surveillance cameras.

The school, which sits just off of Main Street in Oley, has about 660 students.

School board member Robert Moore said his daughter, a sophomore, called him on a cell phone Tuesday morning to say police were at the school and students were under a lockdown. She was not overly alarmed, Moore said.

"In today's day and age, that's a precautionary measure," Moore said.

No one answered Tuesday at a home believed to be Pattison's, and it was not immediately clear if he had been released.

This was a big issue in the local newspapers where I live. People feel that the right sentencing and precautions were taken, because, and they all said the exact same two things: Columbine and 9/11... their reference points. Just goes to show that the public in Bumfuck Pennsyltucky can be led to fear terrorists and bombs; it reminded me of the one scene in Fahrenheit 9/11 where that little shittown in Virginia was put on high alert.... and the citizens were afraid of anyone that looked suspicious, even people they knew.

The Grand Royal Holy Shepard and the Bewildered Herd win again; the days of innocence are gone. Never to return. Beware Merry Pranksters..... you will be shot on sight.

having lived through a school shooting ... I can't say that I disagree with schools being cautious ... but this article seems very over the top.

I'm not sure the lock downs are all that useful anyway. how many teenagers take that kind of thing seriously?

Good Doctor HST
02-18-2005, 10:56 AM
Hate to sound morose, but there will always be tragedies brought on others by bad people. Sometimes these actions will take place at schools, and involve pre-adults. That doesn't mean that schools should eliminate all competitive activities (i.e. dodgeball) or fly off the handle when kids prank each other. Obviously, it's not helping. How many shootings in schools happened 30-40 years ago? There's something different going on. I wish I knew what it was.

Other than the prevalence of guns, courtesy of the N.R.A.

Gold9472
02-18-2005, 12:15 PM
Hate to sound morose, but there will always be tragedies brought on others by bad people. Sometimes these actions will take place at schools, and involve pre-adults. That doesn't mean that schools should eliminate all competitive activities (i.e. dodgeball) or fly off the handle when kids prank each other. Obviously, it's not helping. How many shootings in schools happened 30-40 years ago? There's something different going on. I wish I knew what it was.

Other than the prevalence of guns, courtesy of the N.R.A.

Entertainment? Movies, and TV have gotten incredibly violent in the last 40 years.

The Shape
02-18-2005, 11:17 PM
Entertainment? Movies, and TV have gotten incredibly violent in the last 40 years.
How do you mean? I only killed about 12 people in my last movie.