PDA

View Full Version : You Believe In God, Yet...

Gold9472
02-16-2005, 09:59 PM
You find it incomprehensible to believe what some people are telling you about 9/11. That's ok. It's good to question that which you find hard to believe. It makes you look at both sides of the discussion.

HOWEVER...

Can you prove to me that God exists? Other than the "written" word of the bible, there's NOTHING to substantiate the claim that "God" exists. If you tell me to "look around you" as proof of God's existence, then I say to look at science. The bible tells us that the Earth, and everything around us was created in 7 days, yet today, we know that not to be the case.

The "written" word I spoke of has been handed down to generation after generation, misinterpreted here, and reinterpreted there. There are VERY few things that can be proven from the bible, yet, you believe it...

In regards to 9/11, I have met people who have held positions in our Government that would have been privy to information regarding 9/11. I have listened and talked to people like Sibel Edmonds, who says a foreign organization infiltrated the FBI to hide documents that will incriminate this Administration. She says that our Government had knowledge of 9/11 since at least April of 2001. That an informant of 10 years told them.

A man by the name of Niaz Khan walked into the Newark Office of the FBI in February 2000 and told them that Osama Bin Laden was planning on hijacking airplanes and attacking. He was a member of Al-Qaeda who went astray. He passed two polygraph tests, and the FBI allowed him to leave after only 2 weeks of interrogation.

These are just two facts that I can verify VERY easily. Doesn't this give you some indication that our Government MAY be lying about something?

Remember, Condoleeza Rice stated that "we had no idea they would take airplanes and use them as missles".

If you believe in God based on the "written" word that HAS been proven wrong, but WON'T believe that which CAN be proven right, then either you're afraid of the truth, or you just don't care.

If you don't care, then think about the ones you love. ANYONE of them could have been in New York on September 11th, 2001.

If you're afraid, there are MILLIONS behind you.

And THAT is not gospel. ;)

Gold9472
02-16-2005, 09:59 PM
JFK inspired me with that this morning... FYI...

somebigguy
02-16-2005, 10:03 PM
Hey Jon, can you verify that they had evidence that Osama would fly planes into buildings? We know that there were warnings that Al Qaida was gonna hijack airplanes for terrorist attacks, but I never heard about warnings as accurate as Osama would fly planes into buildings.

The Shape
02-16-2005, 10:05 PM
God has no place here. The world is controlled by me and people like me.

Gold9472
02-16-2005, 10:07 PM
Hey Jon, can you verify that they had evidence that Osama would fly planes into buildings? We know that there were warnings that Al Qaida was gonna hijack airplanes for terrorist attacks, but I never heard about warnings as accurate as Osama would fly planes into buildings.

Here's a story about him...

http://www.msnbc.msn.com/id/5131524/

Gold9472
02-16-2005, 10:07 PM
God has no place here. The world is controlled by me and people like me.

"People Like You"... what does that mean?

Gold9472
02-16-2005, 10:15 PM

I apologize... I did that from memory...

"More than a year before 9/11, a Pakistani-British man told the FBI an incredible tale: that he had been trained by bin Laden’s followers to hijack airplanes and was now in America to carry out an attack."

The Shape
02-16-2005, 10:18 PM
"People Like You"... what does that mean?
Evil.

Gold9472
02-16-2005, 10:23 PM
Evil.

Ok SBG. :D

somebigguy
02-16-2005, 10:27 PM
Ok SBG. :D
MoFo.

princesskittypoo
02-20-2005, 02:11 AM
the world is not controlled by evil. the world is not controlled at all. everything is random... but if you're quiet and look inside yourself you can feel the world turning.... it's awsome!

somebigguy
02-20-2005, 01:42 PM
When I look inside myself, the only thing I feel turning is my stomach, usually from too much liquor.

princesskittypoo
02-20-2005, 06:13 PM
When I look inside myself, the only thing I feel turning is my stomach, usually from too much liquor. Ha! i wish i could drink...

WhiteGuySaysThis
02-20-2005, 07:02 PM
I do believe in God.
I do question a lot of things though.
To me, evolution makes a lot more sense. Evolution is so much easier to comprehend.
I think it takes someone who has true faith to not question the "written" word.

Gold9472
02-20-2005, 07:39 PM
I do believe in God.
To me, evolution makes a lot more sense. Evolution is so much easier to comprehend.

You believe in God, why?

The Shape
02-20-2005, 11:35 PM
God can't help any of you. Bow to...

The Shape.

Giggles
02-21-2005, 01:23 PM
I do believe in God.
I think it takes someone who has true faith to not question the "written" word.I agree with most of what he has to say. I always try to follow the bible, but I know I have broken my word to him several times. I try to use the bible to help me through the trials I have gone through or am still going through in life.

Gold9472
04-23-2005, 12:58 PM
bump

danceyogamom
04-23-2005, 05:04 PM
There are those who search for hard core, provable, scientific evidence that God exists.

There are theories out there that God is simply a chemical construct in our brains that allow for the continuation of the species ... a comforting idea that allows us to move our attention away from our impending non-existance (death) and focus more on furthering humanity through procreation and general effort of life.

There are people who claim to have an on going dialogue with God, and see evidence of his existance every day.

There are people who take it on faith - regardless of theories or evidence.

There are people who believe in fate

There are people who believe in Chaos theory

In the end, I believe everyone has free will ... no matter what it is out there (or lack of something out there). In my opinion, it is humanity ourselves that brings us to where we are. All the great, and all the horrible.

danceyogamom
04-23-2005, 05:08 PM
I do believe in God.

why can't you have evolution and creation at the same time?

Think about this ... God is timeless and eternal. The concept of a day is both finite and human.

So to say that God created everything in six days has specific meaning to us as finite, time bound humans

but a day to God could stretch on for a millenia, since he is timeless.

So in theory, it could have been 6 days by God's clock ... but to the eye of humanity, it could have taken from the big bang until Lucy.

and everything taking 6 days is so much more poetic. don't forget - humans wrote the bible.

911=inside job
04-25-2005, 04:00 PM
^^^^ hopeful girl to say the least.....

are you guys all crazy???? well if you think there is a god then, yes, you are....

god is the biggest scam ever!!!!!!!

what makes you think there is a god?? because your mom and dad told you there is??? or because there is a book that says there is???? HAHAHHAHAHAHAHAHAH!!!!!!

911=inside job
04-25-2005, 04:03 PM
i did believe in god untill i was about 22.... that was because my parents told me there was..... HAHAHHAHAHA!!!!!

somebigguy
04-25-2005, 04:04 PM
i did believe in god untill i was about 22.... that was because my parents told me there was..... HAHAHHAHAHA!!!!!
Shhh, Inside, don't let them in on the big secret....

911=inside job
04-25-2005, 09:58 PM
HAHAHAHAHHAHA!!!!!!

princesskittypoo
04-26-2005, 01:34 AM
all "bibles" were written by humans. humans make errors... but supposidely they are devinely inspired which i would take as having a little fact in them... spiritual fact... that is... however not all books were put into our bibles today... the church leaders picked and chose what we were to beleive. they took out a lot about reincarnation for example... they didn't allow mary magdalene's writtings to be included in the bible.
much of the Qu'ran sounds like the first 5 books of the old testiment. And many religions, even some indian ones have a story of "the flood" and a "creationism" story.
I believe there's a god. I believe when i die my energy will be transformed and go somewhere, be it only back into the earth to regenerate into another life form... i believe heaven is inside me.... it is inside every human being... you just have to find it for yourself... become one with everyone, everything.

I sound like some new age guru don't i?

danceyogamom
04-26-2005, 01:44 AM

are you guys all crazy???? well if you think there is a god then, yes, you are....

what makes you think there is a god?? because your mom and dad told you there is??? or because there is a book that says there is???? HAHAHHAHAHAHAHAHAH!!!!!!

My dad was not a religious man. My mom gave up on everything, religion especially, when my dad died.

I'm not overly zealous about my faith ... I don't believe in evangalism, but I don't mind talking about my beliefs either. I find religion and culture to be fascinating subject matter.

So what if God is a chemical construct in my brain that centuries of evolution worked to create so that humanity wouldn't be paralyized by the understanding of its own mortality.

I like the idea that my dad is in heaven. I like the idea that my children have souls and potential for great things. In the long run that is all I need.

911=inside job
04-26-2005, 01:47 AM
all "bibles" were written by humans. humans make errors... but supposidely they are devinely inspired which i would take as having a little fact in them... spiritual fact... that is... however not all books were put into our bibles today... the church leaders picked and chose what we were to beleive. they took out a lot about reincarnation for example... they didn't allow mary magdalene's writtings to be included in the bible.
much of the Qu'ran sounds like the first 5 books of the old testiment. And many religions, even some indian ones have a story of "the flood" and a "creationism" story.
I believe there's a god. I believe when i die my energy will be transformed and go somewhere, be it only back into the earth to regenerate into another life form... i believe heaven is inside me.... it is inside every human being... you just have to find it for yourself... become one with everyone, everything.

HAHAHAHAH!!!!! yes you do!!!!

what ever makes you feel good i guess.... i like facts....

god was made up to keep the masses in line.... look how well it's worked...

god makes it so sheeple dont have to think about the tough questions... lol

911=inside job
04-26-2005, 01:51 AM
My dad was not a religious man. My mom gave up on everything, religion especially, when my dad died.

I'm not overly zealous about my faith ... I don't believe in evangalism, but I don't mind talking about my beliefs either. I find religion and culture to be fascinating subject matter.

So what if God is a chemical construct in my brain that centuries of evolution worked to create so that humanity wouldn't be paralyized by the understanding of its own mortality.

I like the idea that my dad is in heaven. I like the idea that my children have souls and potential for great things. In the long run that is all I need.
like i said in my other post... what ever makes you feel good....

danceyogamom
04-26-2005, 01:54 AM
like i said in my other post... what ever makes you feel good....

just to clarify a point, I believe there is a distinct difference between the belief in God and the belief in Dogma.

Some Dogma is ingraned in me ... but overall I have little patience for it.

princesskittypoo
04-26-2005, 02:47 PM

HAHAHAHAH!!!!! yes you do!!!!

what ever makes you feel good i guess.... i like facts....

god was made up to keep the masses in line.... look how well it's worked...

god makes it so sheeple dont have to think about the tough questions... lol

i agree.

question what are the tough questions to you?

Giggles
04-26-2005, 07:13 PM
I do believe in God.
I think it takes someone who has true faith to not question the "written" word.I agree almost totally. I do believe in God, but there are times when I question my life, who I am, and so on.

somebigguy
04-26-2005, 07:14 PM
I agree almost totally. I do believe in God, but there are times when I question my life, who I am, and so on.
So what are you doing tonight?

Giggles
04-26-2005, 07:15 PM

what makes you think there is a god?? because your mom and dad told you there is??? or because there is a book that says there is???? HAHAHHAHAHAHAHAHAH!!!!!!Don't make fun of what people believe, how would you like it if I did it to you. Not nice.

Gold9472
04-26-2005, 07:17 PM
Don't make fun of what people believe, how would you like it if I did it to you. Not nice.

Don't pay any attention to him. He's a little rough around the edges.

Giggles
04-26-2005, 07:17 PM
So what are you doing tonight?going to do homework, put laundry away, make the bed, take shower, groom, and so on.

Gold9472
04-26-2005, 07:19 PM
going to do homework, put laundry away, make the bed, take shower, groom, and so on.

Shower, huh... :hurryup:

somebigguy
04-26-2005, 07:22 PM
going to do homework, put laundry away, make the bed, take shower, groom, and so on.
Thats good. WGST gave me your phone #, mind if I give you a call?:whistling

Gold9472
04-26-2005, 07:25 PM
Thats good. WGST gave me your phone #, mind if I give you a call?:whistling

I'm supposed to call her tonight.

somebigguy
04-26-2005, 07:25 PM
I'm supposed to call her tonight.
Hey dude, I was here first.

Don't mind Gold, Giggles, he's a lonely old man.

So what do you like to do for fun?

Giggles
04-26-2005, 07:27 PM
Thats good. WGST gave me your phone #, mind if I give you a call?:whistlingOK why would wgst give you my number and we'll see hon. (nervous look)

Gold9472
04-26-2005, 07:27 PM

So what do you like to do for fun?

Dude... She's mine.

Giggles
04-26-2005, 07:28 PM

So what do you like to do for fun?Ok now I feel like I'm on a dating site except now I can see the guys fighting. (hidding under a mass of pillows). I like to do too many things and still finding other things that I like to do.

somebigguy
04-26-2005, 07:31 PM
OK why would wgst give you my number and we'll see hon. (nervous look)
Yeah, he told me all kinds of things about you...

Gold9472
04-26-2005, 07:32 PM
Giggles... you want me to take care of you sweety?

somebigguy
04-26-2005, 07:34 PM
Giggles... you want me to take care of you sweety?
Hey dude, back off. I saw her first.

So Giggles, wanna pick up a bucket of chicken and rent a couple of movies?

Gold9472
04-26-2005, 07:35 PM
Hey dude, back off. I saw her first.

So Giggles, wanna pick up a bucket of chicken and rent a couple of movies?

Please... I could have her anytime I want.

somebigguy
04-26-2005, 07:37 PM
Please... I could have her anytime I want.
Don't flatter yourself. She can't resist my charms.

Hey Giggles, does 10 centimeters sound long to you?

Giggles
04-26-2005, 07:40 PM
OMG, flamming read face, with a shocked look coming from under the mound of pillows. ( sort of a nervous giggle and pop head back in pillows)

princesskittypoo
04-26-2005, 07:43 PM
he said centimeters not inches don't feel nervous you probably won't even notice him. :)

somebigguy
04-26-2005, 07:44 PM
he said centimeters not inches don't feel nervous you probably won't even notice him. :)
No, centimeters are longer than inches!!! Don't you know the metric system?

princesskittypoo
04-26-2005, 07:45 PM
No, centimeters are longer than inches!!! Don't you know the metric system?
um no....

somebigguy
04-26-2005, 07:47 PM
OMG, flamming read face, with a shocked look coming from under the mound of pillows. ( sort of a nervous giggle and pop head back in pillows)
Don't mind PKP, she doesn't understand the metric system.

You wanna get together and play twister?

somebigguy
04-26-2005, 09:43 PM
So Giggles, did you want to get together some time and play Shower Rescue?

WhiteGuySaysThis
04-26-2005, 09:55 PM
So Giggles, did you want to get together some time and play Shower Rescue?.... just don't pee on her leg, she doesn't like that too much.

somebigguy
04-26-2005, 10:00 PM
.... just don't pee on her leg, she doesn't like that too much.
We'll let her be the judge of that.

Giggles
04-26-2005, 10:22 PM
.... just don't pee on her leg, she doesn't like that too much.Smacks both guys and gives them the dirty look.

WhiteGuySaysThis
04-26-2005, 10:24 PM
Smacks both guys and gives them the dirty look.It wasn't me. ;)

Gold9472
10-26-2005, 02:50 PM
bump

jetsetlemming
10-26-2005, 08:08 PM
There is no proof of God. There is suggestfull evidence, though...
For starters, I suggest you google "PHI". It's almost creepy.

Gold9472
10-26-2005, 08:10 PM
There is no proof of God. There is suggestfull evidence, though...
For starters, I suggest you google "PHI". It's almost creepy.

You mean, the "Divine Proportion (http://www.yourbbsucks.com/forum/showthread.php?t=789)"?

jetsetlemming
10-26-2005, 08:13 PM
Yeah, but thats not where I heard about it first, though (the Da Vinci Code, I mean). Theres also more stuff that suggests a coherent hand behind creation, in the functioning of DNA, animal relation, and plenty of other things.

PhilosophyGenius
10-26-2005, 11:04 PM
When you say "God" as in an almighty being who created the universe and currently watches over it, then the answer is: There is no such thing.