PDA

View Full Version : Senator Urges Gov't To Stop Price Gougers

Gold9472
10-22-2005, 08:09 PM
Senator Urges Gov't to Stop Price Gougers

http://news.yahoo.com/s/ap/20051022/ap_on_go_co/democrats_government

(Gold9472: Isn't it odd that he even has to ask?)

1 hour, 24 minutes ago

WASHINGTON - Calling upon lessons learned from Hurricane Katrina, Democratic Sen. Mark Pryor (news, bio, voting record) of Arkansas said Saturday the federal government can do a better job of caring for its citizens.

Consumers need protection from price gouging in times of gasoline shortages and supply delays and low-income families need help paying home-heating fuel bills, projected to rise by as much as 50 percent this winter, Pryor said in the weekly Democratic radio address.

High energy costs also are hurting small and large businesses alike, he said.

Pryor said Congress and the Bush administration must return to an era of "responsible budgeting" and be less inclined to advocate tax cuts for special interests as a remedy for economic ills.

"We simply must do a better job of putting the needs of all Americans over the wants of a privileged few," the senator said.

He also stressed the importance of energy independence and said the country should waste no time in developing alternative fuels

Pryor reminded listeners that much work in health care, housing and economic opportunities remained to rebuild communities damaged by Gulf Coast hurricanes, and pledged Democratic resolve to fix problems that caused the failed government response to Hurricane Katrina.

PhilosophyGenius
10-22-2005, 10:51 PM
Oh great, now they ask, prices already starting to come down. Great timing guys!

Don't get me wrong, there's still a long way to go.

somebigguy
10-22-2005, 11:15 PM
Oh great, now they ask, prices already starting to come down. Great timing guys!

Don't get me wrong, there's still a long way to go.
You better pray those prices stay high, we're all fucked if they don't.

PhilosophyGenius
10-23-2005, 02:53 PM
Why is that?

Gold9472
10-23-2005, 03:03 PM
Why is that?

Because people don't care unless their lives are directly affected, which the price of gas does...

911=inside job
10-23-2005, 03:41 PM
Because people don't care unless their lives are directly affected, which the price of gas does...
tru dat!!!!!

911=inside job
10-23-2005, 03:42 PM
too bad the higher gas prices only hurt the poor...

Gold9472
10-23-2005, 03:43 PM
too bad the higher gas prices only hurt the poor...

And help the rich.

911=inside job
10-23-2005, 03:48 PM
it just sucks man, the poor do not need any more pain... i just read the book nickel and dimed last week.... man, the poor have it bad in this country and no one cares...

weak!!!

Gold9472
10-23-2005, 03:53 PM
it just sucks man, the poor do not need any more pain... i just read the book nickel and dimed last week.... man, the poor have it bad in this country and no one cares...

weak!!!

Ever watch Parenti?

PhilosophyGenius
10-23-2005, 05:18 PM
Ever watch that show 30 Days (by the guy who made Super Size Me). He did a thing of FX where he lived on minume wage for 30 days in a crappy apartment. Man that looked tough. He had a familiy with him and it was sad seeing how they had to live.