PDA

View Full Version : Agent Reinstated After 9/11 Criticisms

Gold9472
10-19-2005, 02:06 PM
Agent Reinstated After 9/11 Criticisms

http://www.washingtonpost.com/wp-dyn/content/article/2005/10/19/AR2005101900999.html

The Associated Press
Wednesday, October 19, 2005; 11:49 AM

CHICAGO -- The Justice Department ordered the FBI to reinstate a Chicago anti-terrorism agent who had faced possible dismissal for accusing the bureau of not doing enough to prevent the Sept. 11 attacks.

The FBI had suspended and was trying to fire Agent Robert G. Wright Jr. for alleged insubordination, unprofessional conduct and talking to the media without bureau approval.

Wright declined to dicuss the circumstances of his reinstatement, but said: "I look forward to going back to my squad. I look forward to doing my job."

FBI spokesman Ed Cogswell in Washington declined to comment.

Wright held a news conference in 2003 during which he referred to FBI's International Terrorism Unit as a "complete joke" and also appeared on a network news program.

The Justice Department concluded his comments didn't warrant firing because Wright didn't profit financially, he expressed contrition and received high job-performance ratings, according to John Vincent, Midwest representative for Judicial Watch, the watchdog group that handled Wright's case.

somebigguy
10-19-2005, 02:47 PM
Sounds like he was doing his job and speaking the truth.

Gold9472
10-19-2005, 02:58 PM
That's what it sounds like to me... another case of 9/11 retaliation... fortunately for him, this one was foiled.