PDA

View Full Version : Miller Can't Recall Who Gave Agent's Name

Gold9472
10-15-2005, 05:29 PM
Miller Can't Recall Who Gave Agent's Name

http://news.yahoo.com/s/ap/20051015/ap_on_go_ca_st_pe/cia_leak_investigation

(Gold9472: Well, for those of you who thought she was a "hero", this proves that she is a Republican protector.)

By PETE YOST, Associated Press Writer 11 minutes ago

WASHINGTON - Notes by the New York Times' Judith Miller that were turned over in a criminal investigation contain the name of a covert CIA officer, but the reporter has told prosecutors she cannot recall who disclosed the name, the newspaper reported Saturday.

The prosecutor in the case asked Miller in recent days to explain how Valerie Plame — misspelled in those notes as "Valerie Flame" — appeared in the same notebook the reporter used in interviewing her confidential source, Vice President Dick Cheney's chief of staff, according to the Times.

In response to questioning by Special Counsel Patrick Fitzgerald, Miller replied that she "didn't think" she heard Plame's name from Cheney's aide, I. Lewis "Scooter" Libby.

"I said I believed the information came from another source, whom I could not recall," Miller wrote, recounting her testimony for an article that the newspaper posted on its Web site Saturday afternoon.

"Valerie Flame" actually was the name in the notebook, and the Times said Miller should have written Valerie Plame.

PhilosophyGenius
10-15-2005, 05:32 PM
clearly a republican for supporting the war effort

Gold9472
10-15-2005, 05:33 PM
Absolutely. And now I see her as a co-conspirator. She is going to gain at least 1.2 million for her book. She had a lot to gain for selling the war with Iraq.

PhilosophyGenius
10-15-2005, 05:36 PM
Another thing to note, if she becomes the person responsible for busting Rove or Libby, then her career is pretty much over. Done, finished, history, gone, a has been.

Gold9472
10-15-2005, 05:41 PM
She didn't bust them. She's trying to save them by not "recollecting" the name of the person who gave her the name.

beltman713
10-15-2005, 07:23 PM
She must be operating from the Reagan hand book. "I don't recall, I can't remember."

Gold9472
10-15-2005, 07:30 PM
She must be operating from the Reagan hand book. "I don't recall, I can't remember."

I wrote this regarding William Bunch's article about the Bush/Cheney "fallout"...

"I don't believe that Dick Cheney and George Bush have fallen out for one second, and I'll tell you why. If you split the White House into two, then you have two parties to blame. If Dick Cheney is made to be the "bad guy", then the blame will be put towards him. If he is tried for crimes, then at least George will be there to bail him out. They did the SAME thing for Reagan during the Iran/Contra Affair. Remember that Reagan said he had no idea these things were going on behind his back...

I think this is all staged.

Does history repeat itself again?"

beltman713
10-15-2005, 07:34 PM
I'll bet if she was sent to Abu-Ghraib she would remember the name.

Gold9472
10-15-2005, 07:37 PM
I'll bet if she was sent to Abu-Ghraib she would remember the name.

It doesn't matter... She already showed who her source was. She denies it was Scooter Libby that her Valerie Plame's name. That means all of her notes aren't valid unless they can link them to Libby another way. I wish Se7en was here. He's a lawyer.