PDA

View Full Version : Iraq's al Qaeda denounces Zawahri letter as fake-Web

beltman713
10-13-2005, 08:05 PM
http://today.reuters.com/news/newsArticle.aspx?type=worldNews&storyID=2005-10-13T152943Z_01_WRI354641_RTRUKOC_0_US-IRAQ-QAEDA-LETTER.xml&archived=False

Iraq's al Qaeda denounces Zawahri letter as fake-Web

DUBAI (Reuters) - Al Qaeda's wing in Iraq on Thursday rejected as a fake a letter by top group leader Ayman al-Zawahri which was issued by U.S. officials this week, according to an Internet posting.

"We in Al Qaeda Organization announce that there is no truth to these claims, which are only based on the imagination of the politicians of the Black (White) House and their slaves," the group said in a statement posted on an Islamist Web site about the letter.

According to the letter released this week by U.S. intelligence officials, al Qaeda's second in command Zawahri urged the group's leader in Iraq to prepare for an Islamic government to take over the country when U.S. forces leave. He also said brutal tactics risked alienating Muslims.

Gold9472
10-13-2005, 08:10 PM
It probably was a fake. A "psy-op" to make the people loyal to "Al-Qaeda" think that they should "stand down".

beltman713
10-13-2005, 08:12 PM
I thought when I read it on the web that it sounded un-Al Qeada like.

Gold9472
10-13-2005, 08:16 PM
I thought when I read it on the web that it sounded un-Al Qeada like.

Yup... same. Then again, I question EVERYTHING that comes out of "Al-Qaeda" at this point.

PhilosophyGenius
10-13-2005, 11:21 PM
it seems very fake cuz of how it talks so much about creating an islamic state, so when people see that on the news they're gonna feel the need to support it. especially since the approval ratings of bush and the war being unpopular now.