PDA

View Full Version : 98% Of African Americans Hate Bush

Gold9472
10-13-2005, 01:40 PM
Bush popularity keeps dropping

http://www.news24.com/News24/World/News/0,,2-10-1462_1816160,00.html

13/10/2005 08:11 - (SA)

Washington - Support for the majority Republican party in the United States is sagging as President George W. Bush's popularity continues to slide, according to a poll released on Wednesday.

A plurality of Americans, 48%, said they would prefer the Democrats to control Congress compared to 39% who want the Republicans in power, said the poll commissioned by United States television channel NBC and the Wall Street Journal.

The gap between the two parties was the largest recorded since the NBC/Journal poll started asking the question 11 years ago.

The Republicans hold a majority in both houses of Congress and face mid-term elections next year amid growing public concern over the war in Iraq and high energy prices.

The poll showed Bush's approval ratings dropping to 39%, the lowest of his presidency in the NBC/Journal surveys. Other polls have shown a similar decline with Bush's ratings falling below the 40% threshold in recent weeks.

Anxious about Bush's plunging poll numbers, Republicans in Congress have begun to break ranks and defied the White House on important issues.

The poll also revealed overwhelming opposition to Bush among African-Americans. Only two percent said they approved of his performance as president, the lowest level ever recorded in that category, NBC television reported.

According to the survey, US voters are anxious about rising gas and energy costs, with a majority saying they expected prices to increase further.

Investigations of prominent Republican lawmakers also appear to pose a threat for Bush's party.

Sixty-five percent said charges against Bush ally and former majority leader of the House of Representatives, Tom DeLay, suggested potential illegal activity.

A majority of 57% said an investigation into possible insider trading by the majority leader in the Senate, Bill Frist, indicated possible wrongdoing.

The poll, based on interviews with 807 adults, was conducted between October 8 and October 10 and had a margin of error of 3.4 percentage points.

EminemsRevenge
10-13-2005, 02:26 PM
We don't like Massuh Bush???

jetsetlemming
10-13-2005, 07:09 PM
Yeah, but who cares what any of them say?

Gold9472
10-13-2005, 08:26 PM
Yeah, but who cares what any of them say?

I do.

jetsetlemming
10-13-2005, 08:29 PM
Its not like Bush's popularity matters for him anymore. What it really affects is the handicap on the Republican candidate next election. The liberals are being given a hugh advantage through Bush's fuck ups in the next race.

Gold9472
10-13-2005, 08:30 PM
Its not like Bush's popularity matters for him anymore. What it really affects is the handicap on the Republican candidate next election. The liberals are being given a hugh advantage through Bush's fuck ups in the next race.

I won't deny that.

jetsetlemming
10-13-2005, 08:32 PM
Bush might end up being the liberal's best ally, the inconsiderate assholes. Why is no one thanking him for this?

Gold9472
10-13-2005, 08:32 PM
However, I will say that if his popularity is at its' unprecedented lowest with black people, there's a reason why. For instance, if his popularity is low because he committed a crime, then that DOES matter because it means the people want accountability. A Government of, for and by the people. Not, a People of, for and by the Government.

jetsetlemming
10-13-2005, 08:34 PM
I mean, the conservatives should be hating him, say, this time three years from now, but the liberals should at least be giving him the Clinton treatment. You never know when he might go into AA and shape up a little for his last run and ruin everything for you guys, it'd be best to keep him retarded, right?

jetsetlemming
10-13-2005, 08:35 PM
Nobody ever gets accountablility from big officials. Ever. Ever ever. The most thats ever happened to a bad pres. is public humiliation, Nixon style.

Gold9472
10-13-2005, 08:38 PM
Nobody ever gets accountablility from big officials. Ever. Ever ever. The most thats ever happened to a bad pres. is public humiliation, Nixon style.

I think that's about to change. I'm hoping for EVERYTHING this administration has done.

Gold9472
10-13-2005, 08:40 PM
I mean, the conservatives should be hating him, say, this time three years from now, but the liberals should at least be giving him the Clinton treatment. You never know when he might go into AA and shape up a little for his last run and ruin everything for you guys, it'd be best to keep him retarded, right?

What is the "Clinton Treatment"?

jetsetlemming
10-13-2005, 08:41 PM
I mean throwing interns at him left and right. Keep him busy not doing his job.

Gold9472
10-13-2005, 08:42 PM
I mean throwing interns at him left and right. Keep him busy not doing his job.

Um, he's not...

jetsetlemming
10-13-2005, 08:50 PM
You never know, he's still got three years to do some good by accident or something, at least enough to get the heat off.