PDA

View Full Version : Pat Robertson Has Accused Hugo Chavez Of Giving Bin Laden $1.2 Mil After 9/11

Gold9472
10-09-2005, 06:57 PM
TV evangelist renews Chavez attacks

http://www.theaustralian.news.com.au/common/story_page/0,5744,16869135%255E1702,00.html

(Gold9472: As I said (http://www.yourbbsucks.com/forum/showthread.php?t=5276). Also, let's not forget that Pat Robertson called for the assassination of Hugo Chavez in August (http://www.yourbbsucks.com/forum/showthread.php?t=4132). And let's not forget the extra money Pat Robertson is making off of Katrina (http://www.yourbbsucks.com/forum/showthread.php?t=4536).

Pat Robertson is trying to incite war, and get the backing of the religious right for the Bush Administration.)

From correspondents in Washington
October 10, 2005

PROMINENT US TV evangelist Pat Robertson has accused Venezuelan President Hugo Chavez of giving Osama bin Laden $US1.2 million after the September 11 attacks and of trying to obtain nuclear material from Iran.

Mr Robertson caused uproar in August when he called during his televised religious program for the US government to assassinate Chavez. He later was forced to apologise to the leftist leader.

But the conservative preacher issued a new denunciation of Chavez yesterday, local time, in an interview with CNN.

"The truth is, this man is setting up a Marxist-type dictatorship in Venezuela, he's trying to spread Marxism throughout South America, he's negotiating with the Iranians to get nuclear material and he also sent $US1.2 million in cash to Osama bin Laden right after 9/11," Mr Robertson said.

"I apologised and I said I will be praying for him, but one day we will be staring nuclear weapons and it won't be (Hurricane) Katrina facing New Orleans, it's going to be a Venezuelan nuke," Mr Robertson said.

"So my suggestion was, isn't it a lot cheaper sometimes to deal with these problems before you have to have a big war," he added.

Asked how he had obtained information on Chavez giving money to bin Laden, Robertson said: "Sources that came to me. That's what I was told."

"And I know he sent a warm congratulatory letter to Carlos the Jackal, he's a friend of Muammar Gaddafi," he said. "He's made common cause with these people that are considered terrorists."

princesskittypoo
10-09-2005, 07:10 PM
just a thought... how did this venezuelan guy know where to send the money to? and how come we didn't have that intelligence?

Gold9472
10-09-2005, 07:12 PM
just a thought... how did this venezuelan guy know where to send the money to? and how come we didn't have that intelligence?

Didn't you know... evil dictators like Hugo Chavez have "connections"...

princesskittypoo
10-09-2005, 07:13 PM
i tihnk he made this up.

somebigguy
10-09-2005, 07:34 PM
I say lets investigate ALL money transfers from and to Bin Laden, including those transfers to the Bush crime family.

Gold9472
10-09-2005, 07:55 PM
Robertson's increased senility apparent in CNN Late Edition Chavez nuke spook!

http://www.vheadline.com/readnews.asp?id=46309

10/9/2005

VHeadline.com editor & publisher Roy S. Carson writes: US televangelist Pat Robertson is showing distinct signs of advanced senility in his latest rabble-rousing on Venezuela's President Hugo Chavez Frias. Ranting again on CNN's Late Edition program, Robertson now says that "this man (Chavez) is setting up a Marxist-type dictatorship in Venezuela."

Letting off more steam, the millionaire Bible-basher claims that "he (Chavez) is trying to spread Marxism throughout South America ... he is negotiating with the Iranians to get nuclear material ... and he also sent US$1.2 million in cash to Osama bin Laden right after 9/11."

No matter that the latter statement has been categorically proved to be untrue, Robertson -- who only recently called for President Hugo Chavez assassination -- says that Chavez "poses a nuclear threat to the United States."

Big deal! The only operative nuclear reactor in Venezuela is factually a mini-moke located at the Venezuelan Science & Technology Institute (IVIC) near Caracas ... for 'peaceful' research into medical dangers inherent in dental X-rays...

Naturally, Christian (?) Broadcasting Network executive Robertson "declined to say how he had learned of the accusations he was making ... saying only that he was passing along information he had received" however, on air, he did back-track on his earlier tirade and said he does not believe "Mr. Chavez should be killed" but that he is "a problem that should be dealt with."

"One day we are going to be staring at nuclear weapons ... and it will not be Katrina facing New Orleans ... it is going to be a Venezuelan nuke. So my suggestion was, is it not a lot cheaper, sometimes, to deal with these problems before you have to have a big war?"

The Bush administration will now have to again deny any connection between the Bush family's favorite propagandist and already-developed CIA contingency plans to remove President Chavez from power by fair means or foul ... undoubtedly a White House spokesman will again trot out meaningless platitudes that Robertson's latest tirade "in no way reflects United States policy..."

Meanwhile, first reactions from the Venezuelan government are subdued, reflecting an obvious understanding of Robertson's advanced senility although reactions to his August assassination call had described the remarks as "criminal and a form of terrorism."

True to form, however, the Bush administration is unlikely to take action against the Christian Broadcasting terrorist although in an amusing parallel, another US radio personality is facing criminal charges under the so-called Patriot Act for having paralleled the Robertson debacle in August with her own call for someone to step up to the plate and assassinate George W. Bush instead.