PDA

View Full Version : Report: Nick and Jessica split

beltman713
10-05-2005, 08:08 PM
http://www.newsday.com/entertainment/ny-etsimp1006,0,1316493.story?coll=ny-entertainment-headlines

Report: Nick and Jessica split

Zap2It.com

October 5, 2005, 1:46 PM EDT

They've teased us and teased us, and now it seems that Nick Lachey and Jessica Simpson have decided to put us out of our misery. The pop music couple whose marital discord was documented on MTV's "Newlyweds" is reportedly splitting.

Celebrity gossip magazine US Weekly's cover story lays the blame on Simpson's doorstep, with a headline declaring, "Details on Jessica & Nick's last days -- and how her ego, partying and dad drove them apart."

Followers of the bickering couple may recall that earlier in the year, an online story about the chanteuse filing for divorce was leaked and immediately pulled. Rumor has it that although the story was genuine, Simpson wanted to wait a few months to officially file in order to discredit the website.

Nick and Jessica's obvious incompatibility has sparked rumors of a split on and off ever since their MTV show aired. If a production assistant at the 2004 Rockefeller Center Tree Lighting ceremony is to be believed, Simpson alternately ignored and yelled at Lachey, who didn't bother to conceal his own bitterness. In an email circulating the Internet, the PA says that when the former 98 Degrees singer was asked for comments that could be used for Simpson's introduction, he replied, "Not too many nice things to say about her ... How about she was the best stocking I ever stuffed? She was the best chimney I've ever come down on." The words were allegedly said angrily, without any indication of humor.

Other rough spots along the way include rumors of Simpson's coziness with "Dukes of Hazzard" co-star Johnny Knoxville and her father Joe Simpson's creepy interest in her career and bosom. Simpson, 25, appeared with her husband on "Newlyweds" and on variety and USO specials on ABC. She made her silver screen debut as Daisy Dukes in this summer's "Dukes of Hazzard."

Lachey, 31, has been making a name for himself separate from the blonde diva. He's currently contributing to ESPN's "College GameDay" and recently signed a talent deal with The WB, the network that gave him a recurring part on "Charmed" last season. He's also made guest appearances on "Hope & Faith" and "I'm with Her" and co-starred in the ABC pilot "Hot Mom" in 2004.

Gold9472
10-05-2005, 08:09 PM
Wow... BIG NEWS!!!

beltman713
10-05-2005, 08:10 PM
She was the best chimney he ever came down. Lol!

ThotPolice
10-05-2005, 08:15 PM
Oh MY GOD!! What am I gonna do...? Oh yeah remain indifferent.
WHO CARES?:)

princesskittypoo
10-05-2005, 08:42 PM
they'll have a show about divorce now. and the aftermath...

PhilosophyGenius
10-05-2005, 11:15 PM
why God why!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

princesskittypoo
10-05-2005, 11:16 PM
BECAUSE.... HE doesn't like you.

laurabears
10-06-2005, 12:47 AM
It is all for the publicity . . . $$$$$$$$$$$$ makes the world go round!