PDA

View Full Version : Is Bush The Anti-Christ?

Gold9472
10-04-2005, 08:32 AM
Is Bush the anti-Christ?

http://www.collegian.com/vnews/display.v/ART/2005/10/04/4342098545fb7

By Megan Schulz
October 04, 2005

I have a dear friend who strongly believes President Bush is the anti-Christ and the recent natural disasters and hurricanes are signs of the impending apocalypse. When she mentioned that she was considering stocking up on canned goods and weapons to be prepared, I laughed aloud and resisted the urge to label her as a lunatic. Instead, I Googled her bold claim and discovered many other people believe the same thing. I found a particularly interesting Web site that connects Bush in numerous ways to "666" or the mark of the devil.

I've always wondered why 666 was considered the devil's number. I thought it was because the sixes looked like horns. That seems stupid now that I think about it. In actuality, the Book of Revelations in the Bible states 666 is the number of "the beast," presumably, the devil. Revelations also states that the people who worship the beast and his image also carry the mark of 666. But how does this all relate to Bush?

To make a long story short, aspects of Bush's life, such as his name, date of birth and date of first inauguration, can be linked to the number 666. This is done using a numerical code that assigns each letter of the alphabet to a number. For example, a=1, b=2 and so on. Also, each name in George Walker Bush (Jr.) has six letters. Again, the 666 mark appears. But I don't think this is a reasonable enough connection to make him the anti-Christ. I have another friend whose name is also represented by the number 666. Her interests include Starbucks and the Olsen twins, and I just can't picture her as a devil-worshipper.

This all seems a little coincidental and not at all legitimate. But the truth is, there are thousands of Web sites out there dedicated to the idea that Bush is the anti-Christ. Some Web sites even claim to have biblical and historical relevancy. I looked at a few of them and they seemed pretty convincing. A book wouldn't be big enough to hold all the information out there. I cannot possibly compress everything into a single column. All of this further proves the vastness of the Internet and the fact that not everything out there is trustworthy.

This information about Bush being the anti-Christ seems silly, and I'm choosing to take it with a grain of salt. I'd have to research the claim a lot more before I became a true believer. But I do think it can have some positive effects if it makes people look beyond the absurdity and truly think about the actions of our president. None of us are saints, and Bush is no exception.

If Bush were as religious and Christ-loving as he claims to be, he probably wouldn't have done many of the things he has. He probably wouldn't even be president at all. For me, the general take-away message of the Bible is to love your neighbor and dedicate yourself to God. A rich, power-hungry, war-endorsing politician doesn't exactly fit the bill.

If you're bored one day, I invite you to research the Satan theory for yourself. For those of you who already believe it, if imagining Bush sold his soul to the devil to be elected president helps you sleep at night, then that's fine. I'm not even going to pretend that I know the truth about Bush or even God, for that matter. But I'm also not going to blame the hurricanes on the apocalypse. It's going to take a lot more fire and brimstone for me to believe that.

Megan Schulz is a sophomore technical journalism major. Her column runs every Tuesday.

princesskittypoo
10-04-2005, 10:49 AM
i've done a lot of research myself on this and finding out different peoples opinions on the subject of the mark of the beast. And i feel the mark of the beast will be in a different form. To me i think the insertion of micro chips will be the mark of the beast. It states everyone will have to eigther reject or accept the mark of the best. Which to me would be getting some kind of mark on the body or something inserted into it. To me the closest i've heard to this is eing used in animals right now. For finding your animal if it gets lost. I've also heard that there are experiments getting started with health records. That some people are having implants with their hospitol records put into their wrists. This to me is more problematic than anything. If all medical records are computer chips implanted into you who's to say someone wouldn't be able to change these data recorders to hurt you instead of help you.

Partridge
10-04-2005, 12:48 PM
But 666 isn't the number of the beast* - its 616 (http://ensign.ftlcomm.com/ensign2/mcintyre/pickofday/2005/may/may4/616.html).

* if you believe that sort of stuff, personally I'm an atheist.

Gold9472
10-04-2005, 03:51 PM
But 666 isn't the number of the beast* - its 616 (http://ensign.ftlcomm.com/ensign2/mcintyre/pickofday/2005/may/may4/616.html).

* if you believe that sort of stuff, personally I'm an atheist.

Beltman already told us that one (http://www.yourbbsucks.com/forum/showthread.php?t=1687)

Partridge
10-04-2005, 03:56 PM
Well, that was before my time here. You expect me to read every story in the archives? :P

beltman713
10-04-2005, 04:00 PM
Yeah, look in the fucking archives dude!

Partridge
10-04-2005, 04:57 PM
*begins five year research project*

Bastards!

*shakes fist*

beltman713
10-04-2005, 05:06 PM
*begins five year research project*

Bastards!

*shakes fist*
Lol!

laurabears
10-04-2005, 05:26 PM
PKP is right the mark of the beast reguardless of what number it is, is something that must be accepted or rejected and those that reject will be persecuted. I highly doubt that and American will be the antichrist . . . if you read the end times writings the antichrist will claim to be Christ. I highly doubt George Bush is going o claim he is Christ!

princesskittypoo
10-04-2005, 05:51 PM
PKP is right the mark of the beast reguardless of what number it is, is something that must be accepted or rejected and those that reject will be persecuted. I highly doubt that and American will be the antichrist . . . if you read the end times writings the antichrist will claim to be Christ. I highly doubt George Bush is going o claim he is Christ!
oh man i forgot that. my last boyfriend was the anti-christ then!

laurabears
10-04-2005, 05:54 PM
oh man i forgot that. my last boyfriend was the anti-christ then!

That is very scarey!

princesskittypoo
10-04-2005, 05:57 PM
That is very scarey!
lol don't all men think they are god though?

laurabears
10-04-2005, 06:00 PM
Not all men are that cocky! Okay maybe they are!

princesskittypoo
10-04-2005, 06:01 PM
Not all men are that cocky! Okay maybe they are!
haha i think we're both going to be in trouble! there's a lot of men that read this site!!!

Partridge
10-04-2005, 06:04 PM
You sexists!

laurabears
10-04-2005, 06:27 PM
LOL I'm not sexist . . . I only speak the truth . . . my boyfriend has such an ego and is very very cocky . . . but I really don't help it much!

Gold9472
10-04-2005, 07:41 PM
BWAHAHAHAHAHAHAH!!! Good!

princesskittypoo
10-04-2005, 08:53 PM
You sexists!
we wouldn't be sexist if we actually got some sex once in a while! :P

cheatachu72
10-04-2005, 08:54 PM
He can't be the anti-Christ...he's not liked enough! the anti-christ is supposed to be a man of charisma and most people like him...

princesskittypoo
10-04-2005, 09:03 PM
He can't be the anti-Christ...he's not liked enough! the anti-christ is supposed to be a man of charisma and most people like him...
true. she's right. and only 50 percent of people like him right now. oh wait i don't know the polls i should shut up.

ThotPolice
10-04-2005, 09:10 PM
Scary! Scroll down and check out the nostradumus stuff!

http://mirrors.meepzorp.com/geocities.com/george-bush-antichrist/

It wouldn't be all that shocking

princesskittypoo
10-04-2005, 09:22 PM
i read most of that and find it quack worthy...

ThotPolice
10-04-2005, 09:28 PM
Well yeah... But funny

cheatachu72
10-04-2005, 09:30 PM
Scary! Scroll down and check out the nostradumus stuff!

http://mirrors.meepzorp.com/geociti...ush-antichrist/ (http://mirrors.meepzorp.com/geocities.com/george-bush-antichrist/)

It wouldn't be all that shocking

that made me laugh...it seemed pretty ridiculous to me...

laurabears
10-04-2005, 11:40 PM
Oh goodness . . . crazy people with too much time on their hands!