PDA

View Full Version : Terror Alert Weeks Before Cole Bombing Ignored

Gold9472
09-27-2005, 01:30 PM
Terror Alert Wks. Before Cole Attack

http://www.nypost.com/news/nationalnews/53533.htm

Niles Lathem - NY Post

September 17, 2005 -- WASHINGTON — Members of a secret Pentagon intelligence unit known as Able Danger warned top military generals that it had uncovered information of increased al Qaeda "activity" in Aden harbor less than three weeks before the attack on the USS Cole, The Post has learned. In the latest explosive revelation in the Able Danger saga, two former members of the data-mining team are expected to testify to the Senate Judiciary Committee next week that they uncovered alarming terrorist activity and associations in Aden weeks before the Oct. 12, 2000, suicide bombing of the U.S. warship that killed 17 sailors.

Lt. Col. Anthony Shaffer, the Defense Intelligence Agency's former liaison to Able Danger, told The Post that Capt. Scott Phillpott, Able Danger's leader, briefed Gen. Peter Schoomaker, former head of Special Operations Command and now Army chief of staff, about the findings on Yemen "two or three weeks" before the Cole attack.

"Yemen was elevated by Able Danger to be one of the top three hot spots for al Qaeda in the entire world," Shaffer recalled.

Shaffer and two other officials familiar with Able Danger said contractors uncovered al Qaeda activities in Yemen through a search of Osama bin Laden's business ties.

The Pentagon had no immediate comment.

Begin Kyle's Commentary
Tipped off by September 11th Advocates we now suspect that Kie Fallis, who represented himself as CIA during the Joint Inquiry into 9/11, was in fact a member of the Defense Intelligence Agency. DIA was intimately involved in Able Danger. According to his testimony before the Joint Inquiry involving House and Senate members of the their respective Intelligence Committees, he warned his superiors about what he saw as an imminent attack on a US Navy destroyer in the Gulf region. How did he know? Well, here is a snippet of his testimony. Sounds like he could be talking about Able Danger. Perhaps, Navy Captain Scott Philpott, the Able Danger team leader, can confirm this for the Judiciary Committee at the upcoming hearing on October 6th?

Testimony of Kie Fallis from 2002 – Joint Inquiry into 9/11 Intelligence ‘failures’
FALLIS: In my case, Senator, what I did is, I began to notice there was a voluminous amount of information, as others have testified, regarding Al Qaida. Most of it appeared to be unrelated to other pieces of information. It appeared to be almost chat. By using a piece of software that I was able to put these small snippets of information into, and graphically represent them as well, I was able to, over a course of many months, to determine certain linkages between these items -- linkages that would never be apparent without the use of this tool. It would be lost in the weeds. And there were a lot of weeds to look through.

Recall folks how one of the country's top experts on Al-Qeada was prevented from entering Yemen in the aftermath by the US Ambassador to Yemen, Barbara Bodine. This was of course John O'Neill who was later forced out of the FBI and recieved a job offer from the Port Authority to do security at the World Trade Center where he died on 9/11.

Kyle F. Hence