PDA

View Full Version : Bill O'Reilly's Rebuttal to Phil Donahue

PhilosophyGenius
09-26-2005, 12:54 AM
Talking Points Memo Debating Phil Donahue

"There are two rules for guests on The Factor - no slander and no personal accusations without facts to back them up. Guests who violate those rules are scolded by me and will not be invited back. Phil Donahue has appeared a few times, and although he's inclined to filibuster I thought the segments worthwhile to show the far left point of view. I've advised Mr. Donahue a few times not to use personal attacks, but on Wednesday he ignored that advice. In the world of the far left, it is now acceptable to accuse the president and vice-president of sending young Americans to be killed and maimed so their friends at Halliburton can make money. And anyone who supports the Iraq strategy is also guilty of sending kids to die, and is a coward to boot. That kind of rhetorical nonsense is disrespectful and cheap. Dissent is to be respected, but questioning the character of someone with whom you disagree is not. I'm glad I had the shootout with Donahue, but enough is enough with these vicious tactics being used in the Iraq debate. The No Spin Zone is a place where responsible voices are welcome. But irresponsible fanatics can seek exposure elsewhere."

:BS-Flag:

PhilosophyGenius
09-26-2005, 12:56 AM
Someone needs to do there homework. And he's a former teacher too.

:type:

Gold9472
09-26-2005, 09:15 AM
Talking Points Memo Debating Phil Donahue

"There are two rules for guests on The Factor - no slander and no personal accusations without facts to back them up. Guests who violate those rules are scolded by me and will not be invited back. Phil Donahue has appeared a few times, and although he's inclined to filibuster I thought the segments worthwhile to show the far left point of view. I've advised Mr. Donahue a few times not to use personal attacks, but on Wednesday he ignored that advice. In the world of the far left, it is now acceptable to accuse the president and vice-president of sending young Americans to be killed and maimed so their friends at Halliburton can make money. And anyone who supports the Iraq strategy is also guilty of sending kids to die, and is a coward to boot. That kind of rhetorical nonsense is disrespectful and cheap. Dissent is to be respected, but questioning the character of someone with whom you disagree is not. I'm glad I had the shootout with Donahue, but enough is enough with these vicious tactics being used in the Iraq debate. The No Spin Zone is a place where responsible voices are welcome. But irresponsible fanatics can seek exposure elsewhere."

:BS-Flag:

Well Billy, if we're not in Iraq for WMD, ties to Al-Qaeda, or ties to 9/11, then why are we there? The only thing we've accomplished is destabilizing a region, and made billions for companies like Halliburton and Becthel. If you support the war, then you support the reasoning for the war. We don't officially know what the reasoning was because we were lied to. Therefore, if you support the war, then you support the lie. If you support the lie, then you, yourself, are in fact, a liar. You are a person motivated by an extreme, unreasoning enthusiasm for a cause that is based on a lie. Seems to me Billy, that you need to find a new show to be on because "irresponsible fanatics can seek exposure elswhere".