PDA

View Full Version : Bring Them Home Now

Gold9472
09-19-2005, 11:04 AM
Bring our troops home now. Arrest the Bush Administration for their crimes against humanity to show the rest of the world that we're sorry, and that we take full responsibility for our stupidity. Then, investigate EVERYONE in Washington D.C. to make sure there are no more Bushes. Pay Iraq $100 Billion for pain and suffering. Then, focus on our country's needs. You know, the billions it's going to cost to repair the damage done by Katrina. Our educational systems. Our voting systems. Our deficit. Our environmental needs, and so on.

Simple. Problem solved, and ANYONE who tries to complicate it more than it needs to be is a LIAR AND A CHEAT.

So...

BRING OUR TROOPS HOME NOW

911=inside job
09-19-2005, 11:25 AM
yes, we need to leave today!!!!!

Gold9472
09-19-2005, 11:37 AM
And penalize any company who's made money off of Iraq. Because you KNOW they were partly behind the quagmire as well.

PhilosophyGenius
09-19-2005, 04:56 PM
I'm feelin this idea.

jetsetlemming
09-19-2005, 05:44 PM
You do know how the whole middle east will end up if we leave, right? It might as well be the apocalypse for how much it'll get fucked up, now that we've eliminated the original power base. If we stop controlling it, too, it'll fall apart faster than free speech at a ACLU convention. The BEST thing that could happen there is Saudi Arabia taking over everything. They'er the only country left in the world that votes that still doesn't have women's suffrage, by the way.

Gold9472
09-19-2005, 05:59 PM
You do know how the whole middle east will end up if we leave, right? It might as well be the apocalypse for how much it'll get fucked up, now that we've eliminated the original power base. If we stop controlling it, too, it'll fall apart faster than free speech at a ACLU convention. The BEST thing that could happen there is Saudi Arabia taking over everything. They'er the only country left in the world that votes that still doesn't have women's suffrage, by the way.

If we left without holding those reponsible for the atrocities, then yes, it would fall apart. However, if we showed a sign of good faith like I stated, by #1 arresting Bush, #2 investigating all of D.C., and #3 pay Iraq $100B, then I think it might have a different impact.

jetsetlemming
09-19-2005, 06:15 PM
Doing that wouldn't make any difference in the middle east, only here. O.o;;; Do you think that $100 Billion would go to anything besides whomever is dictating at the moment when we leave? We fucked up too bad to leave the country alone. WE have to correct the problem by actually putting the country back together again.

Gold9472
09-19-2005, 06:32 PM
Doing that wouldn't make any difference in the middle east, only here. O.o;;; Do you think that $100 Billion would go to anything besides whomever is dictating at the moment when we leave? We fucked up too bad to leave the country alone. WE have to correct the problem by actually putting the country back together again.

If the people want their country, then the people have to fight for it. We gave them the weapons they need. If Democracy is what they want, then they have to make an effort to get it. If they don't, then that's their problem. Give them the $100 Billion as checks to the people. We can do that can't we? Figure out how many people live in Iraq, divide it up, get a list of people who live there, and send them a check. Done. Make it an incentive for them to win their freedom. Tell them that if they do, they will each receive a check. I don't know. I do know that our soldiers are continuing to die because of lies. I do know that our families are grieving because of lies. Think about them. Think about how our National Guard serving in Iraq would have benefitted Louisiana, Mississippi, Alabama during Katrina. Bring them home now.

jetsetlemming
09-19-2005, 06:37 PM
How do you expect them to cash a check?

jetsetlemming
09-19-2005, 06:37 PM
Do you believe you can get all that mail to where its supposed to go?

Gold9472
09-19-2005, 06:38 PM
And to say that arresting the Bush Administration, investigating all of Washington D.C. for Bush-like people wouldn't do anything in the Middle East is absurd. Showing the world that we care about how our country acts means something. It would show them that we're sorry. It would show them that we are responsible for our actions. It would show them that the United States Of America IS the greatest country in the world, and something EVERY country should strive to be like. It would let Americans say those words, and actually mean it. How we are perceived by the rest of the world greatly determines our futures.

jetsetlemming
09-19-2005, 06:39 PM
The middle east isn't run by politicians. Its run by soldiers. They don't care about the political enviroment in America, expect to the extent it gives them an advantage.

Gold9472
09-19-2005, 06:40 PM
Dude... it was a suggestion. I'm sure there are ways to give $100Billion to a country. We give money ALL THE TIME. There are people paid to figure things like that out. I don't know everything.

Gold9472
09-19-2005, 06:41 PM
The middle east isn't run by politicians. Its run by soldiers. They don't care about the political enviroment in America, expect to the extent it gives them an advantage.

So you're saying the Middle East doesn't care if our Politicians decide to blow them up? Please.

jetsetlemming
09-19-2005, 06:41 PM
It'll make a difference in the other places in the world, as the countries that allied with us are embarassed for their support, and the countries that opposed us get to gloat. Thats the total of the difference it'll make outside america.

Gold9472
09-19-2005, 06:43 PM
It'll make a difference in the other places in the world, as the countries that allied with us are embarassed for their support, and the countries that opposed us get to gloat. Thats the total of the difference it'll make outside america.

It will make a difference in the Middle East. They are people just like we are. They have values just like we do. You talk about the Middle East as if it's one big Terrorist. You know, people actually live there. Hard working, family oriented people. It will make a difference in the Middle East.

Gold9472
09-19-2005, 06:44 PM
To show them what REAL Democracy is all about may provide incentive for them to win their own.

jetsetlemming
09-20-2005, 01:14 PM
I don't think of them as one big terrorist, but the people who aren't there are ruled by the ones who are. Its pretty easy to rule a bunch of peasants when you've got US and russian weapons at hand and all the non-terrorist Middle- Easterners have is rocks, basically. I'm sure they'll appreciate not being blown up. They'd also appreciate us preventing the terrorists from blowing them up for being different. That was the whole point (officially), wasn't it? To save the Iraqi people that we actually like from the ones that we don't? And then put the ones we like into power, hence getting us a new ally and source of resources?

jetsetlemming
09-20-2005, 01:16 PM
We really haven't done that much damage in the middle east. Life IS improving, really, really, really, really slowly. If we keep it up, it'll become a good place again. However, we're stuck in a situation we can't leave from without having the whole thing collapse to a point worse than that under Saddam originally.