PDA

View Full Version : Bush Katrina Ratings Fall After New Orleans Speech

Gold9472
09-18-2005, 01:15 PM
Bush Katrina Ratings Fall After New Orleans Speech

http://rasmussenreports.com/2005/Katrina_September%2018.htm

September 18, 2005--Thirty-five percent (35%) of Americans now say that President Bush has done a good or excellent job responding to Hurricane Katrina and its aftermath. That's down from 39% before his speech from New Orleans.

The latest Rasmussen Reports survey shows that 41% give the President poor marks for handling the crisis, that's up 37% before the speech.

Fifty percent (50%) of Americans favor the main proposal from that speech--a federal commitment of $200 billion to help rebuild New Orleans. Twenty-seven percent (27%) are opposed and 23% are not sure.

The spending plan has not been well received by conservative voters--just 43% favor the huge federal commitment partisan while 37% are opposed. This is especially striking given how supportive the President's base has remained throughout his Administration.

The President's reconstruction plan is favored by 66% of liberal voters. Still, only 10% of liberals give the President a good or an excellent rating for handling the crisis.
[More Below]

Following the speech, the President's rating for handling the Katrina crisis fell eight points among Republicans (from 71% good or excellent to 63%). The President also draws good or excellent marks from 11% of Democrats and 31% of those not affiliated with either major political party.

Fifty-seven percent (57%) of black voters support the federal reconstruction spending while just 17% are opposed. Among white voters, 49% favor the spending and 29% are opposed. This is the first Bush Administration proposal hat has attracted more support from black Americans than from white Americans.

Consumer confidence has recovered from its post-Katrina lows, but not from the surge in oil prices that preceded Katrina.

Rasmussen Reports is an electronic publishing firm specializing in the collection, publication, and distribution of public opinion polling information.

Rasmussen Reports was the nation's most accurate polling firm during the Presidential election and the only one to project both Bush and Kerry's vote total within half a percentage point of the actual outcome.

During Election 2004, RasmussenReports.com was also the top-ranked public opinion research site on the web. We had twice as many visitors as our nearest competitor and nearly as many as all competitors combined.

Scott Rasmussen, president of Rasmussen Reports, has been an independent pollster for more than a decade.

To keep up with our latest releases, be sure to visit the Rasmussen Reports Home Page.

PhilosophyGenius
09-18-2005, 02:52 PM
Fucking finally people are starting to have some god damn common sense around here (this country).

princesskittypoo
09-18-2005, 04:30 PM
whens the next election?
i know bush can't get in again but when's he getting out?

beltman713
09-18-2005, 05:00 PM
I think Bush may be in trouble in the 2006 election. I saw something on rawstory saying that democrats were leading republicans in polls for upcoming elections. If republicans lose the majority in the house, it could make some things start happening.

Gold9472
09-18-2005, 06:46 PM
I think Bush may be in trouble in the 2006 election. I saw something on rawstory saying that democrats were leading republicans in polls for upcoming elections. If republicans lose the majority in the house, it could make some things start happening.

Wouldn't that be nice.

Gold9472
09-18-2005, 06:46 PM
How much damage could he do between now, and Nov. 2006?

beltman713
09-18-2005, 07:52 PM
Quite a bit.

PhilosophyGenius
09-19-2005, 12:25 AM
Sen. Santorum is in quite a bit of trouble in '06. Which is just fabulous.

:acidd: