PDA

View Full Version : Kerry's Retort To Bush: Leadership Isn't A Toll-Free Number

Gold9472
09-15-2005, 09:55 PM
Kerry's retort to Bush: Leadership isn't a toll-free number

http://rawstory.com/news/2005/Kerrys_retort_to_Bush_Leadership_isnttollfre_0915. html

9/15/2005

SENATOR KERRY (D-MA) ISSUED THIS REBUTTAL TO RAW STORY JUST AFTER BUSH'S SPEECH....

"Leadership isn't a speech or a toll-free number. Leadership is getting the job done. No American doubts that New Orleans will rise again, they doubt the competence and commitment of this Administration.

Weeks after Katrina, Americans want an end to politics-as-usual that leaves them dangerously and unforgivably unprepared.

Americans want to know that their government will be there when it counts with leadership that keeps them safe, not speeches in the aftermath to explain away the inexcusable."

PhilosophyGenius
09-15-2005, 11:25 PM
Well said Mr. Kerry.

somebigguy
09-16-2005, 08:14 AM
Kerry had his chance last year, but he couldn't be bothered to put any effort into his election campaign. He is part of the problem and should shut the hell up.

Gold9472
09-16-2005, 08:19 AM
He's right though. Keep in mind, I agree with you, but he's right.

Uber Commandante
09-16-2005, 11:44 AM
Right - why is it only AFTER the election that these guys get any balls? Al Gore's speeches since 2000 have been incredible - but during the campaign he was like a freaking doorstop.

Gold9472
09-16-2005, 11:58 AM
Right - why is it only AFTER the election that these guys get any balls? Al Gore's speeches since 2000 have been incredible - but during the campaign he was like a freaking doorstop.

Al Gore has evolved into a "Drive By Speech Giver"... I always see him popping up places, gives an incredible speech, and then he rushes away...

somebigguy
09-16-2005, 02:29 PM
I'm sure he's right, but lets face it, he works for the government not for us. He may say stuff to improve his image and bolster support for himself, blah, blah, blah. When push comes to shove, he isn't gonna do the right thing, he is part of the government machine that is working against us.

Gold9472
09-16-2005, 02:31 PM
Again, I agree with you. I've already said that ALL senior politicians in Washington D.C. (people with 20+ years) need to be taken out of D.C. Because if you're there for 20+ years, chances are, you're bought and paid for.

PhilosophyGenius
09-16-2005, 06:08 PM

I feel you. Its cuz during the campaign they wanna play it safe. After, that if they don't win, they've got nothing too lose and both Kerry and Gore are especially pissed because they were both screwed out of becoming president.

:redcreatu <------Oh no, Al Gore's on the loose!!!! AAHHHHHH