PDA

View Full Version : National Rifle Association Slams New Orleans For Confiscating Guns

Gold9472
09-12-2005, 06:45 PM
National Rifle Association slams New Orleans for confiscating guns

http://rawstory.com/news/2005/National_Rifle_Association_slams_New_Orleans_for_c onfiscat_0912.html

9/12/2005

The National Rifle Association slammed New Orleans authorities Monday for seizing firearms in the wake of Hurricane Katrina, saying that citizens must be able to "protect themselves" during a time where there is "breadown of law and order," RAW STORY has learned.

The release was issued on their website Monday.

"What we've seen in Louisiana - the breakdown of law and order in the aftermath of disaster - is exactly the kind of situation where the second amendment was intended to allow citizens to protect themselves," NRA chief Wayne LaPierre said in a statement.

"When law enforcement isn't available, Americans turn to the one right that protects all the others - the right to keep and bear arms," LaPierre added. "This attempt to repeal the Second Amendment should be condemned."

A Louisiana state statute allows the chief law enforcement officer to "regulate possession" of firearms during declared emergencies, the NRA notes.

But, quipped the NRA's chief lobbyist, Chris Cox, "regulate doesn't mean confiscate."

"The NRA will not stand idly by while guns are confiscated from law-abiding people who’re trying to defend themselves," he said.

"Local authorities in New Orleans are turning nature's assault on human life into man’s assault on human rights," LaPierre added. "Four million NRA members intend to stop this unconstitutional power grab."

beltman713
09-12-2005, 07:21 PM
Notice how they don't give any blame to the Bush administration.

Gold9472
09-12-2005, 07:25 PM
I agree with those gun totin' rednecks... Why do we have the right to "bare arms" if we can't use them to protect ourselves, and property?

princesskittypoo
09-12-2005, 07:31 PM
i don't personally own a gun (i'm sure a lot of you are breathing a sigh of releif now) but if i did i'd know how to use it. that being said i definitely think that the second amendment is in place for all situations especially this one.

Gold9472
09-12-2005, 07:37 PM
i don't personally own a gun (i'm sure a lot of you are breathing a sigh of releif now) but if i did i'd know how to use it. that being said i definitely think that the second amendment is in place for all situations especially this one.

Yes ma'am.

PhilosophyGenius
09-12-2005, 10:55 PM
There is some logic about going back to the old wild west days, because if everyone had a gun, there would be no crime. Like if someone pulled his heat out to commit a crime, there would be other people to blast his ass. And all crimials would be dead, and gangs would elimate themsleves and also there would be no more poor or homeless people. But i'm against killing so I wouldnt advocate this idea, but I do think it would work.