PDA

View Full Version : Should We Go To War With Iran?

Gold9472
02-09-2005, 07:12 PM
I'm going to say a definite no, but I'm assuming there are people who think otherwise...

somebigguy
02-09-2005, 07:33 PM
Even if war were justified, do you really think the U.S. could win?

princesskittypoo
02-09-2005, 07:48 PM
who are they going to get to fight this new war? i'm not going.... *picks up little sign and starts yelling "hell no i won't go"*

Gold9472
02-09-2005, 08:01 PM
Even if war were justified, do you really think the U.S. could win?

Number one, the war is FAR from justified. Number two, the "War On Terror" isn't a war that can be won.

Gold9472
02-09-2005, 08:02 PM
who are they going to get to fight this new war? i'm not going.... *picks up little sign and starts yelling "hell no i won't go"*

I wish people started doing that. Started camping out in front of the White House... it is our right.

somebigguy
02-09-2005, 09:55 PM
Number one, the war is FAR from justified. Number two, the "War On Terror" isn't a war that can be won.
"Not in our lifetime", right?

Does Bushie and his buddies think he can pull the old Weapons of Mass Destruction scam again and expect the public to buy it? Oh what am I saying, of course they will.

somebigguy
02-09-2005, 09:55 PM
I wish people started doing that. Started camping out in front of the White House... it is our right.
No they can't because that makes them unpatriotic.

Gold9472
02-09-2005, 10:05 PM
"Not in our lifetime", right?

Does Bushie and his buddies think he can pull the old Weapons of Mass Destruction scam again and expect the public to buy it? Oh what am I saying, of course they will.

If it came to that, I think you might be right.

somebigguy
02-09-2005, 10:15 PM
If it came to that, I think you might be right.
Maybe everyone who voted for Bush will volunteer to go to Iran.

Gold9472
02-09-2005, 10:19 PM
Maybe everyone who voted for Bush will volunteer to go to Iran.

That should be a prerequisite for going.

Good Doctor HST
02-09-2005, 10:30 PM
Should we go to war with Iran? Yes.

If they attack the U.S. mainland, and it's proven beyond a shadow of a doubt that the attack wasn't an act of the American gov't, (Pearl Harbor, 9/11), then we should go to war with Iran.

Nobody wins in a war. But the U.S. would obliterate the country of Iran if it came to all-out war. At least, I'd hope so. The U.S. spend more per year then the next 7 countries combined for offense.... oops, I mean defense.

But remember, if America gets into it with Iran, that brings Russia and China into it as well; they will want to protect their interests (re: oil). That means World War III.

Gold9472
02-09-2005, 10:37 PM
Should we go to war with Iran? Yes.

If they attack the U.S. mainland, and it's proven beyond a shadow of a doubt that the attack wasn't an act of the American gov't, (Pearl Harbor, 9/11), then we should go to war with Iran.

Nobody wins in a war. But the U.S. would obliterate the country of Iran if it came to all-out war. At least, I'd hope so. The U.S. spend more per year then the next 7 countries combined for offense.... oops, I mean defense.

But remember, if America gets into it with Iran, that brings Russia and China into it as well; they will want to protect their interests (re: oil). That means World War III.

Didn't Russia change it's system recently? Martial Law or something...

danceyogamom
02-09-2005, 10:37 PM
I'm going to say a definite no, but I'm assuming there are people who think otherwise...

yet one more war on one more front? Even if I *did* support the far fetched concept that we needed to go to war with Iran ... its bad combat tactics.

we would be spread far too thin, it would leave us open and vunerable other places (like at home)

and GDHS has an extremely good point, China and Russia would get involved. And then - with our troops all over the planet forcing our way of life on everyone else - we would be fucked.

Do I hear Nero?

Gold9472
02-09-2005, 10:41 PM
yet one more war on one more front? Even if I *did* support the far fetched concept that we needed to go to war with Iran ... its bad combat tactics.

we would be spread far too thin, it would leave us open and vunerable other places (like at home)

and GDHS has an extremely good point, China and Russia would get involved. And then - with our troops all over the planet forcing our way of life on everyone else - we would be fucked.

Do I hear Nero?

Nero (54-68 A.D.)?

princesskittypoo
02-09-2005, 11:24 PM
i'm surprised they haven't enacted some law against camping out in front of the white house now... or at least where any media could get it on camera infront of a political leader.

danceyogamom
02-09-2005, 11:25 PM
Nero (54-68 A.D.)?

yeah ... you know played while Rome burned ...

it was a poor attempt at a metaphor.

Simply_sexy
04-21-2005, 12:00 PM
Even though the bill didn't pass, it still worries me about the draft-like thing. Bush swore that he would never allow a draft but the whole having to be in the arms for two years if you're between 18 and 26 isn't necessarily a draft and it scares the hell out of me!!

aceace
06-07-2005, 04:24 AM
According to Ruppert: China has invested 200 billion in Iran to get some of their oil. A war with iran is a war with China. So I say NO. The war on terrorism is a farce, it is a fake war to justify blowing all of our Pentagon money and tax dollars and giving it to Halliburton etc.

Gold9472
10-15-2005, 03:10 PM
According to Ruppert: China has invested 200 billion in Iran to get some of their oil. A war with iran is a war with China. So I say NO. The war on terrorism is a farce, it is a fake war to justify blowing all of our Pentagon money and tax dollars and giving it to Halliburton etc.

Yup.

Rese
10-15-2005, 05:29 PM
Once they silence the opposition,

http://seattle.indymedia.org/en/2005/10/248645.shtml (http://seattle.indymedia.org/en/2005/10/248645.shtml) Entire article;re free speach

This is the Cover up of the coveruppers.
Michael Chertoff didn't respond to Katrina fast enough because he was appointed to cover up the government's involvement in attacks on our country! Also the comments show Israel's intentions, the ADL's confessions, and the use of preemptive forces, Nuke, Nuke, Nuke says the Duke,
Cheney will stage one more attack on the country, and blame Iran and use this as the catalyist to get a draft from a Congress bribed to death by CIA drug money, and illegal gambling, and foreign lobbies...

PhilosophyGenius
05-05-2006, 05:13 PM
Whoever voted 'yes' on this poll should be molested by Michael Jackson immediatly for "rehabilitation".

chate1
08-03-2006, 12:45 PM
put simply, why would you want to..the straight answer is no...not unless youwant a conlict which will drag on for years to come.
the U.S. has made enough mistakes, it is time to step back and assess what we are doing in the world and why.

chate1
08-03-2006, 12:48 PM
no, why should we. we need to fight a war on poverty and ignorance right here in america in stead of looking to fight others and avoiding our own short comings as a people.

Muhammad
http://stono2.blogspot.com/

1voice2006
12-27-2006, 07:49 AM
No!
Honestly, I believe that the world in general, is getting tired of the "strong-arm" tactics of the U. S. government. If we ever hope to come to peaceful terms with the others who occupy this planet, we had better start to learn some diplomatic manners. Pretty soon, these other countries who feel that they have nothing to lose will do something drastic out of feelings of frustration and hopelessness. They will figure if they are going to "lose" they might as well take as many with them as possible.

As for the draft, on one hand it is an extremely bad idea. Simply because, from apolitical stand point, those who are already in the military cannot refuse to fight, as they joined "voluntarily." However, on the other hand, if the government, in their single-minded pursuit of "whatever it is behind their motives", does force a draft...can you imagine how many, how loudly, and how violently the demonstrations would be. CNN and FOX would not be able to mislead or non-report such demonstrations, as those that would occur to such an extent no one would be able to keep it hush hush. I think the Voice of the American people would be heard loud and clear on that...

I have 3 teenagers...15, 16, and 17..and you can guarantee I would be right there on the front line of that demonstration...if my children had to go, then every single one of those Congressmen/women and Senators children had better be standing right next to mine, and that would also include Cheney and Bush's children...period.
Do not expect or demand me (or the rest of Americans) to make sacrifices you would be unwilling to make.

AuGmENTor
12-27-2006, 08:17 AM
If we ever hope to come to peaceful terms with the others who occupy this planet, we had better start to learn some diplomatic manners.

Sometimes that doesn't work. Sometimes there is no alternative but to stand up to tyrrany*. I think the problem here is, our government is the worst of ALL terrorists combined. WE have to start HERE and get this out of control animal back to "for the people" before we can expect them to do anything right.

As for the draft, on one hand it is an extremely bad idea.
Heh, spoken like someone in the target age... Or has kids that are. I think it's a great idea. As long as the system used to figure whose drafted is not as corrupt as everything else. Then you would see politicians children being drafted. As well as more of the upper class. I think they KNOW what a pressure cooker that would be, thus wont be starting a draft anytime soon. (Plus, I'm pretty sure you'd see the absolute lynching of GWB if he tried that, another reason I'm all for it.)

1voice2006
12-27-2006, 08:24 AM
Pro side to it...it would galvanize the American people into action...by whatever means were necessary to put an end to this BS, once and for all. We would not stand idly by and watch our family and children be forced into a situation we know is wrong.

Con side...if it is as crooked as we think, or worse...then it would be the catalyst that would force the American Public to attempt to stand up the those in Power...and may result in the final fall of Civilian Rights...with Martial Law being enacted..and everyone forced to fight...here and there...

what a mess!!!

AuGmENTor
12-27-2006, 08:44 AM
I didnt know you were on right now... I say trash the entire thing. Storm the whitehouse and take this country back by force... I'd rather see YOU as president than anyone on the menu these days. I am sooooo sick of reading about this system, and how corrupt it is. I fought in Iraq for these bloodthirsty animals, and thought it was the right thing to do. Now that I know how fulla shit they are, I'm OK with spilling some of THEIR blood now. Come get me fuckers, I'm really losin it today!

chate1
12-27-2006, 11:24 AM
I didnt know you were on right now... I say trash the entire thing. Storm the whitehouse and take this country back by force... I'd rather see YOU as president than anyone on the menu these days. I am sooooo sick of reading about this system, and how corrupt it is. I fought in Iraq for these bloodthirsty animals, and thought it was the right thing to do. Now that I know how fulla shit they are, I'm OK with spilling some of THEIR blood now. Come get me fuckers, I'm really losin it today!

AuGmENTor

I would agree with you on spilling George's blood and that of the other jerks in washington, accept for one thing, the problem with an eye for an eye is that everyone winds up blind in the end.

let me say it plane, there is NO war on terror!, There is only a war on you, the citizen, a war on your senses, on your sense of right and wrong, an assult on your fears and most dearly held bigotries.

Fear has always been used to controll populations and make them do things and accept states of affirs they would not normally do, that is why i think 9/11 was a hugh inside job, or atleast an event yoked to the service of the elites.

The men in DC are children, they have no experience of war but play at war making, thye think they are Winston churchill and FDR fighting the good war, its all BS. never follow a man to war who only wants you to fight it for him.

We know the names of the 3000 dead americans of 9/11 and the around 3000 dead US soilders, but do we know the manes of the dead of iraq and afghanistan?
NO. why, because they do not matter to us, to americans!
This business of hiding the returning dead, of khowing the number of dead iraqis but not their names , their faces and details about THEIR lives distances us, disassociates us from THEIR humanity and our!!

Making it easier for us to make the same stupid mistakes with IRAN, a country with a REAL army, a country 3 time the size of iraq, wiath a young health population that actually like the west, they won't lie us when we start bombing i think. So , let do the cenario, the the dry drunk in the white house send us to war with iran, iran shuts off the oil, oil prices rise world wide, other country in the region begin sending insurgents in the iran to fight, the violence against U.S. force in iraq explodes like never before, corporate america drop bush like a hot potato and we elect obmama or hillery, the war kills thaousands and ruins any credability we MAY have had, major oil economys are ruined, trillions of dollars lost, you pay at the pump through the nose and all because a bunch of petrolcrats want to control oil...NO

If we follow this fool Bush this time on Iran, we get what we deserve.

Until we get off our buts and impeach bush we are as gulity as he for the crimes done in our name. We impeached Clinton for chasing girls in the white house, 40 million was spent, not one dime to impeach bush has been spent by our government yet, why? We invade a country for oil with a thin vale of democracy as our excuse, we protect the oil ministry instead of doing what we said we were doing there, promoting democracy.

Suppose when we marched into Bagdad we announced that anyone who wanted to could become an american citizen??

I cannot tell you how long that line would have been but you can guess.

Suppose we entered Afghanistan and handed out billions, not millions, but billions in farm aid to give farmers a crop to replace poppy, and immediatly began rebuilding the capital, no U.S. guns in sight??

Possible, impossible?

Suppose we entered Bagdad and instead of fighting, we put down our arms and opened hundreds of food line and medical tents- hearts and minds?

Feed them and you can lead them?

This is what people spreding democracy do!!!
I could go on and on here, but you get the point I Think. AuGmENTor. as one who has served under the shadow of lie fostered by our government you now have a golden opportunity to tell others what you know, you have credit as a soilder and street cred for speaking up honestly about your feelings, don't stop there.

take care.

Chatke1

AuGmENTor
12-27-2006, 12:10 PM
I know you're right, and what a good post. I'm having one of these days where I just wanna smash things and make these guys pay for the lies they have told, and the murders they have committed. I don't think any amount of blooging, lobbying, or anything short of armed conflict is going to put us back in control. No amount of talking for that matter either. Being an idiot, my first instinct is to shoot people. And it's the only thing I personally think will work. There are people who have been in this movement for YEARS, and I wonder if they can post right here what kind of quantifiable results can be shown behind the truth movement... Other than a few arcane polls that show more of us believe something is being covered up that is...

chate1
12-27-2006, 12:45 PM
I know you're right, and what a good post. I'm having one of these days where I just wanna smash things and make these guys pay for the lies they have told, and the murders they have committed. I don't think any amount of blooging, lobbying, or anything short of armed conflict is going to put us back in control. No amount of talking for that matter either. Being an idiot, my first instinct is to shoot people. And it's the only thing I personally think will work. There are people who have been in this movement for YEARS, and I wonder if they can post right here what kind of quantifiable results can be shown behind the truth movement... Other than a few arcane polls that show more of us believe something is being covered up that is...

Dear AuGmENTor

I am glad to hear you are managing your anger, you are not alone, while you may be suffering from your experiences in iraq or afghanistan, the rest of us are boiling slowly in a tub of hot water called america, you are right, blogging by itself is not an end but only a means to it, eventually, someone with the free time and money, like a Cindy Shehan will park their butts in fornt of the white house and start demanding an impeachment hearing be made, or they may even start a mock hearing at a press confrence or online and invite the senators to attend. Look around AuGmENTor, all the dictators of the ages eventually died out , were killed, went into excile or went to prision, Bush and his mob are no different, and like all those monsters all the damage he did when he was alive will be undone when he dies, there is some justice in that atleast.
As for you, keep controlling your anger and using bloging to channel you anger, the prisons and grave yards are full of men who do not know how to control them selves.

chatke1

AuGmENTor
12-27-2006, 01:01 PM
Didnt mean to give you the impression that I was at the edge of snapping or something. I've had my thumb on this for quite some time. No need to talk me off of the ledge as it were (but thanx anyway).

Bush and his mob are no different, and like all those monsters all the damage he did when he was alive will be undone when he dies, there is some justice in that atleast. I'm sorry that you are of the opinion that the problem starts with this pack of criminal liars. They are but links in a chain that has wrapped us for decades. They're the ones doing it in this generation. No matter who we elect, it will be another brand of the same shit. A frosted dog turd is not a cupcake, it is a frosted dog turd. Really look at what is being done. Look at how these politicians have themselves set up, and you'll be offering to help load up the bernelli.

AuGmENTor
12-27-2006, 01:02 PM
Also, the poll shows 3 votes FOR going to war with Iran... Yet the results when viewed only show 2. Who is the third vote?

chate1
12-27-2006, 01:25 PM
Hello

Thanks for putting me straight about your situation, You are correct..sadly the rich will always be with you!! The war is just an extension of global class warfare, a global ghetto is being created of sweat shops, murdered girls on the boarder, white slaves in russia and black voters disenfranchised in florida, it is all different inflections of the same larger problem, and no it cannot all be solved at once, but it may require a civil war in the US to end opression, if only for a while, an organized movement is what is needed to address these issues, an umbrella organization to cover every struggling person, from the NAACP to the ACLU, the Unions, Veterans to socker moms against the war!

All of our otherwise useless federal reserve notes are being squandered on war and jails and debt, what we need is to spread democracy HERE!!, right here in river city!

a website catering to al the people who want to upload vids of their struggles world wide so others can see that this is a global struggle for human dignity, not youtube, something more direct and mission specific, what do ya think??

chatke1

AuGmENTor
12-27-2006, 01:29 PM
:hump: Heres what I think:
http://www.benelliusa.com/firearms/supersport.tpl

AuGmENTor
12-27-2006, 01:37 PM
Almost forgot

chate1
12-27-2006, 02:11 PM
no comment

Chana3812
04-02-2007, 08:06 AM
ditto

AuGmENTor
04-02-2007, 08:36 AM
You musta HUNTED for something to be bitchy about today! And hadda go all the way back to December to do it! That's the spirit. Hate in it's purest form. I don't mind settling this world situation with violence if needs be, and somehow I am alot less hateful than you... How can that be?