PDA

View Full Version : FEMA Cheif Sent Candid E-Mail To Family

Gold9472
09-10-2005, 08:02 PM
Brown sent candid e-mail to family

http://seattlepi.nwsource.com/national/apus_story.asp?category=1110&slug=Katrina%20Brown

(Gold9472: Awww... poor baby.)

THE ASSOCIATED PRESS
9/10/2005

DENVER -- Federal Emergency Management Agency Director Michael Brown sent a candid e-mail to family and friends this week as he was becoming the center of criticism of the handling of the Hurricane Katrina disaster.

"I don't mind the negative press (well, actually, I do, but I try to ignore it) but it is really wearing out the family," Brown wrote. "No wonder people don't go into public service. This country is devouring itself, the 24-hour news cycle is numbing our ability to think for ourselves," the Rocky Mountain News reported Saturday.

Brown was relieved of his command of the onsite relief efforts Friday amid increasing criticism over the sluggishness of the agency's response and questions over his background.

"It's horrible," said Mary Ann Karns, an Oklahoma lawyer who once worked with Brown in the Edmond, Okla., city government and got the e-mail addressed. "He does not deserve this as a human being."