PDA

View Full Version : Fats Domino Missing In New Orleans

Gold9472
09-01-2005, 03:05 PM
Fats Domino missing in New Orleans floods
Musician and family didn’t evacuate when hurricane came

http://www.msnbc.msn.com/id/9159941/

Updated: 1:50 p.m. ET Sept. 1, 2005

NEW YORK - Fats Domino was missing Thursday, days after Hurricane Katrina devastated New Orleans, said his longtime agent, Al Embry.

Embry told The Associated Press that he hadn’t been able to contact Domino since talking to him Sunday evening by phone.

The 77-year-old R&B legend, whose real name is Antoine Domino, told Embry that he planned to stay at his New Orleans house with his wife, Rosemary, and their daughter.

“I hope somebody turns him up, but as of right now, we haven’t got anybody that knows where he’s at,” said Embry, who has worked with Domino for 28 years. “I would think he might be safe because somebody said he was on top of the balcony.”

Checquoline Davis, Domino’s niece, posted a message on Craigslist.com Thursday pleading for information. Davis wrote that Domino, his wife, their children and grandchildren “didn’t get out” of the second floor.

Domino, who has rarely appeared in public in recent years, has a home in the 9th ward, a low-lying area of the flooded city.

Getting information on possible missing persons has been nearly impossible as phone lines for hospitals and police haven’t been working.

Domino has sold more than 110 million records in his long career, including the legendary singles “Blueberry Hill” and “Ain’t That a Shame.”

His 1950 recording of “The Fat Man” is sometimes called the first real rock ’n’ roll record. He was among the first honorees to the Rock and Roll Hall of Fame.

© 2005 The Associated Press. All rights reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten or redistributed.

dz
09-01-2005, 03:12 PM
from what i have heard he was located in the dome this afternoon.