PDA

View Full Version : Judy Garland's Famed Ruby Slippers Stolen

Gold9472
08-29-2005, 08:12 PM
Judy Garland's Famed Ruby Slippers Stolen

http://news.yahoo.com/s/ap/20050829/ap_on_re_us/missing_slippers

2 hours, 23 minutes ago

GRAND RAPIDS, Minn. - A pair of ruby slippers worn by Judy Garland in "The Wizard of Oz" and insured for $1 million is missing from a Grand Rapids museum.

Police Chief Leigh Serfling said the slippers were stolen late Saturday or early Sunday. Someone entered the museum through a window and broke into the small display case holding the slippers.

"There's not a whole lot of evidence," Serfling said. "We're hoping that someone in the community has seen something."

Children's Discovery Museum director John Kelsch said the slippers belong to a Los Angeles man who loaned them to the museum for several weeks this summer.

The children's museum houses the Judy Garland museum, which displayed the same pair of slippers last year. Garland was born in Grand Rapids in 1922.

"The slippers are a major attraction at our museum," Kelsch said in a news release Monday. "It is our hope that the slippers can be recovered immediately."

Four pairs of ruby slippers worn by Garland in the movie are known to exist, including one pair on display at the Smithsonian Institution. Another pair sold at Christie's auction house in 2000 for $666,000.

somebigguy
08-29-2005, 08:51 PM
Oh man, I couldn't care less... They call this news???? They're fucking slippers people.

Gold9472
08-29-2005, 08:57 PM
Oh man, I couldn't care less... They call this news???? They're fucking slippers people.

Dude... there is no news... #1, Katrina, #2 Downing Street Memo, Karl Rove, Scooter Libby, Exxon, etc... have fallen off the face of the earth. The media is so fucking complicit it's not even funny.

Gold9472
08-29-2005, 09:00 PM
I was just watching Paul Thompson at the National Press Club, and he said something at the end that caught my attention.

Three of the famous "Jersey Girls" testified at the 9/11 Congressional Briefing on July 22nd. Lorie Van Auken (sp?) gave damning testimony against the 9/11 Commission.

Paul said, "If that's not covered on the news, then something's wrong with the news."

THREE of the FAMOUS "Jersey Girls" testified at the 9/11 Congressional Briefing. The women who FOUGHT for the creation of the commission. The women who LOST their husbands on 9/11.

Don't you think that's newsworthy? Bastards.