PDA

View Full Version : BWAHAHAHAHAHAHA!!!

Gold9472
08-27-2005, 09:44 PM
I'm listening to the Laura Flanders show on Air America, and they're down in Crawford. They went to the "She Doesn't Speak For Us" Rally, and talked to someone about Iraq. Laura asked some random man why he supported the Iraq War... he said that Iraq was about the "12 years of us doing nothing", and she said, "But don't you agree with Bill O'Reilly that the same people in Iraq are the ones who bombed us on 9/11?", and he said, "Yeah, I agree they're the same people... they even have proof now.", and she said, "Could you tell me that proof?", and he screamed for a friend to give him an answer, and he then he said, "Uh... I gotta go."

Gold9472
08-27-2005, 09:59 PM
Actually, it's quite sad... how ill-informed the "enemy" is. If they only knew. If they would ONLY turn OFF Fox...

jetsetlemming
08-29-2005, 06:57 PM
Hey, I watch stopped watching for last month ('cause I had better ways to spend my nights, like trying in vain to get laid), and I'm still uninformed. And I think the "enemy" just kinda generalizes the people who did 9/11: "not us". Anyone "not them" caused 9/11, like the gays, minorities, and pro abortion people! See how wonderful common sense logic is?

Gold9472
08-29-2005, 07:06 PM
Generally, it's better to read the information first, let it sink in, and then find writers, or people that agree with your mindset. Whatever your core beliefs are, etc... find sources that talk about the information you know from reading, and who have the ability to word it in a way that best suits you. Find people who share your goals politically, and become their friends.

If you're talking about how the "enemy" (meaning Fox News Zombies) prefer to keep everything simple, then yes, I'd have to agree with you. They want to be told what to think, and what to say.

They are also afraid, and rightly so.

ehnyah
08-31-2005, 11:55 AM
"The degree of one's emotion varies inversely with one's knowledge of
the facts - the less you know, the hotter you get."
- Bertrand Russell

"Knowledge is the antidote to fear" - Ralph Waldo Emmerson

"The advancement and diffusion of knowledge is the only guardian of true liberty." James Madison.

-----------------

I heard some recruiters showed up to see if any of the pro-war sheeple would sign up...no takers. They're probably being paid, just like the protesters were being paid during the florida recount in 2000.

Remember "sore loserman"...they were shills for the bush-corp media.

------------

xenophobia - wiki

Xenophobia denotes a phobic attitude toward strangers or of the unknown and comes from the Greek words ξένος (xenos), meaning "foreigner," "stranger," and φόβος (phobos), meaning "fear." The term is typically used to describe fear or dislike of foreigners, but racism in general is sometimes described as a form of xenophobia. In science fiction, it has come to mean "fear of extraterrestrial things." Xenophobia implies a belief, accurate or not, that the target is in some way foreign. Prejudice against women cannot be considered xenophobic in this sense, except in the limited case of all-male clubs or institutions.

The American Psychiatric Association's Diagnostic and Statistical Manual of Mental Disorders, 4th edition ("DSM-IV") includes in its description of a phobia an "intense anxiety" which follows exposure to the "object of the phobia, either in real life or via imagination or video..." For xenophobia there are two main objects of the phobia. The first is a population group present within a society, which is not considered part of that society. Often they are recent immigrants, but xenophobia may be directed against a group which has been present for centuries. This form of xenophobia can elicit or facilitate hostile and violent reactions, such as mass expulsion of immigrants, or in the worst case, genocide.

The second form of xenophobia is primarily cultural, and the object of the phobia is cultural elements which are considered alien. All cultures are subject to external influences, but cultural xenophobia is often narrowly directed, for instance at foreign loan words in a national language. It rarely leads to aggression against persons, but can result in political campaigns for cultural or linguistic purification. Isolationism, a general aversion of foreign affairs, is not accurately described as xenophobia.

Xenophobia was a major problem after World War I as returning soldiers found themselves competing for jobs and housing with foreigners. This lead to riots, racial tensions, etc.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Xenophobia

Partridge
08-31-2005, 01:00 PM
I heard some recruiters showed up to see if any of the pro-war sheeple would sign up...no takers.

Man, that's quality innit?