PDA

View Full Version : man in nappy is hunted by police

princesskittypoo
08-17-2005, 12:26 PM
Last Updated: Monday, 15 August 2005, 13:11 GMT 14:11 UK
E-mail this to a friend Printable version
Man in nappy is hunted by police
A man dressed only in a nappy who has approached a number of women on Teesside is being hunted by police.

The man has hidden in bushes in Eaglescliffe before moving towards the women and asking: "Are there any baby changing facilities in the area?"

Cleveland Police said they are becoming increasingly concerned about the man's behaviour after several incidents in the past few months.

They want anyone with information about the man to contact them.

The latest happened on Sunday night in a play area on Wentworth Way.

'Bizarre antics'

The man approached a woman walking her dog and said to her: "Are there any baby changing facilities in the area?"

The startled woman said no and walked off, leaving the man still running around dressed in his nappy.

Insp Ian Garrett said no-one had been assaulted but the man's antics were bizarre and a cause for concern.

He said: "There have been several reports of him having been seen in Eaglescliffe dressed only in a nappy and we are keen to trace him and speak to him."

Similar sightings earlier this year in the Stockton area of a man also wearing just a nappy are not being connected.

somebigguy
08-17-2005, 12:32 PM
Sounds like Jon Gold to me.

rachel
08-17-2005, 11:05 PM
What is a nappy? Is that like a diaper?

Is it wrong that this article cracks me up? I don't want to be approached by a man in a nappy (sounds icky), but the story still amuses me.

princesskittypoo
08-17-2005, 11:41 PM
i think it's the english version of diaper.... it cracked me up too. i usually don't do news stories.... but this one was hilarious. almost a *good* news story.