Gold9472
02-02-2005, 09:48 PM
Comment on it here...

Test Account
02-02-2005, 09:50 PM
Testing... 1...2...3...

Gold9472
02-02-2005, 10:11 PM
We are an "Active Force For Good In The World"...

Gold9472
02-02-2005, 10:13 PM
"Prosecuted Corporate Criminals".... you mean like Martha Stewart and Tommy Chong? What happened to Kenneth Lay?

Good Doctor HST
02-02-2005, 10:13 PM
I see Laura Bush is looking rather "fembot"ish tonight. I'd give her $100 dollars if she took that smirk of her face for 5 seconds....

Good Doctor HST
02-02-2005, 10:14 PM
Get rid of social programs.... give tax cuts to wealthy.... I'm shocked.

Gold9472
02-02-2005, 10:15 PM
Get rid of social programs.... give tax cuts to wealthy.... I'm shocked.

Redundant programs... I wonder which.

Gold9472
02-02-2005, 10:21 PM
Drug dealers like us?

Gold9472
02-02-2005, 10:23 PM
What about the missing trillions? What happened to that money? Why isn't it in Social Security?

Good Doctor HST
02-02-2005, 10:24 PM
Drug dealers like us?

Terrorists like us?

Gold9472
02-02-2005, 10:25 PM
Terrorists like us?

Exactly.

Good Doctor HST
02-02-2005, 10:31 PM
Privatizing Social Security? Isn't that what 401k's and IRA's are for?

I don't understand how giving everyone more money for retirement (by greater interest paid out for private accounts) would lessen the deficit. Am I missing something?

Gold9472
02-02-2005, 10:32 PM
Constitutional Amendment To Protect The Institution Of Marrage. Against what?

Gold9472
02-02-2005, 10:33 PM

I don't understand how giving everyone more money for retirement (by greater interest paid out for private accounts) would lessen the deficit. Am I missing something?

I'm the wrong person to talk to about money... I'm a fiscal retard.

Good Doctor HST
02-02-2005, 10:36 PM
I think it's funny when the former governor of Death-Penalty-Happy Texas talks about "our country's compassion"

danceyogamom
02-02-2005, 10:39 PM
I'm not watching ... and reading this, I'm glad. I think it would just gross me out to see and hear that man spewing this crap.

*ugh* marriage, deficiate, health care, taking over the planet!!!! ugh I say!

that's it folks, I'm moving to guam. I'm due for a tan anyway ...

Good Doctor HST
02-02-2005, 10:41 PM
After watching this, I may need yoga to clear my mind from W's garbage....

Gold9472
02-02-2005, 10:42 PM

From Someone Who Knows... My Dad

Me: What would your comment be to this?

My Dad: what

Me: Privatizing Social Security? Isn't that what 401k's and IRA's are for?

My Dad: Yes, By allowing individuals to save privately, there is a better chance for them to accumulate more funds for retirement. If you take the idea of 2,000 a year for 40 years, you would have over $1,000,000 that would give the person $50,000 a year at 5%, or much more than social security. The only difference is the disability coverage.

Me: Disability coverage for what?

My Dad: Like ***** was sick and couldn't work. He got money, etc...

Me: Would that be gone with this initiative?

My Dad: yes

Me: How do you know? He didn't say that...

My Dad: Because if you are not putting into the system, they don't have money to pay out.

Me: Ok... thanks

Gold9472
02-02-2005, 10:43 PM
Force Of Human Freedom? Why does he use the word FORCE for everything?

danceyogamom
02-02-2005, 10:45 PM
After watching this, I may need yoga to clear my mind from W's garbage....

come on over! We'll burn some sage and hopefully purge W from the system!

ha ha ha ... if only

Gold9472
02-02-2005, 10:47 PM
We are one terrorist attack away from Martial Law

http://home.comcast.net/~gold9472/heilbush.gif

Gold9472
02-02-2005, 10:49 PM
"As you stand with liberty, America stands with you."

Did he just call for a Revolution on the part of the Iranians?

Good Doctor HST
02-02-2005, 10:50 PM
Because force is a word people like to hear. It makes spreading freedom sound like us going out and kicking butt. Language is a very powerful weapon. I'm telling ya, you gotta read the new book by George Lakoff on how progressives can fight back. He goes into detail on how language can rally the people.

danceyogamom
02-02-2005, 10:53 PM

Me: What would your comment be to this?

My Dad: what

Me: Privatizing Social Security? Isn't that what 401k's and IRA's are for?

My Dad: Yes, By allowing individuals to save privately, there is a better chance for them to accumulate more funds for retirement. If you take the idea of 2,000 a year for 40 years, you would have over $1,000,000 that would give the person $50,000 a year at 5%, or much more than social security. The only difference is the disability coverage.

Me: Disability coverage for what?

My Dad: Like ***** was sick and couldn't work. He got money, etc...

Me: Would that be gone with this initiative?

My Dad: yes

Me: How do you know? He didn't say that...

My Dad: Because if you are not putting into the system, they don't have money to pay out.

Me: Ok... thanks

your dad's disability point is a good one ... lots of people collect on social security for disability or death of a legal guardian. Some people are fortunate enough to be well enough insured to cover those things ... but most people are not.

If our government is going to provide for priviatized retirement then they should also consider diability and death benefits ...

Good Doctor HST
02-02-2005, 10:56 PM

What I'm trying to get at but can't understand is this: When you invest money into the U.S. treasury (by bonds, privatized accounts, etc.), they pay you interest at a certain percent, like 5-6%.... Where do they get the extra money? I guess not covering disability and cutting health-care for workers is a start. How do they turn around the domestic deficit? It's frustrating to be fiscally challenged!

Gold9472
02-02-2005, 10:57 PM
[QUOTE=Gold9472]From Someone Who Knows... My Dad

What I'm trying to get at but can't understand is this: When you invest money into the U.S. treasury (by bonds, privatized accounts, etc.), they pay you interest at a certain percent, like 5-6%.... Where do they get the extra money? I guess not covering disability and cutting health-care for workers is a start. How do they turn around the domestic deficit? It's frustrating to be fiscally challenged!

What does % mean?

Gold9472
02-02-2005, 10:59 PM
They died for our freedom? We're already free. Or so I thought.

Good Doctor HST
02-02-2005, 11:01 PM
We said goodbye to those fallen soldiers..... in private, b/c we don't show them coming home in a box....

This is a good scene though... the sargent's Mom and the Iraqi embracing.... the only good part so far.

Gold9472
02-02-2005, 11:04 PM
We said goodbye to those fallen soldiers..... in private, b/c we don't show them coming home in a box....

This is a good scene though... the sargent's Mom and the Iraqi embracing.... the only good part so far.

yeah

danceyogamom
02-02-2005, 11:04 PM

I do believe they invest your original deposit at a higher return than you are guaranteed ...

So if you buy a 50 dollar bond - they take your 50 bucks, invest it and get 10% back ... and then give you 5%, keeping 5 for themselves ...

Of course, that was an unresearched answer - but I *think* that is how it works.

Good Doctor HST
02-02-2005, 11:13 PM
That makes sense yoga mom. I just think it's a bad investment when you invest in a "company" (U.S.) that's lost money every year since.... we've been America?

Of course, we don't have a choice with social security. I guess I'd rather use corporate bonds then treasury bonds... of course, the corporation I choose to invest in could falter, then they borrow money from..... the U.S. gov't?!?!

That's it. I'm going to bed. No more thinking tonight.....

danceyogamom
02-02-2005, 11:22 PM
That makes sense yoga mom. I just think it's a bad investment when you invest in a "company" (U.S.) that's lost money every year since.... we've been America?

Of course, we don't have a choice with social security. I guess I'd rather use corporate bonds then treasury bonds... of course, the corporation I choose to invest in could falter, then they borrow money from..... the U.S. gov't?!?!

That's it. I'm going to bed. No more thinking tonight.....

grr ... I keep getting logged off while writing a long response.

I suppose that's to curb my long-windedness .. *sigh*

oh well, my original response was beginning to ramble anyway.

ScottyAH
02-03-2005, 02:56 PM
That was a great speach. If it wasn't clear to anyone how good a president Bush is. Then it sure is now. Even the Dems were lovin' him. these are good times :)

somebigguy
02-03-2005, 09:57 PM
Nuculer, Nuculer,Nuculer.