PDA

View Full Version : FBI Warns Of Possible Terrorist Attacks In LA, NY, Chicago With No Proof

Gold9472
08-12-2005, 06:57 PM
FBI Warned Police of Possible Terrorist Attacks in LA, NY, Chicago

http://info.mgnetwork.com/printthispage.cgi?url=http%3A//ap.tbo.com/ap/breaking/MGBG2Q4R9CE.html&oaspagename=www.tbo.com/ap/story.htm&image=tbologo80x60.jpg

By Jeremiah Marquez
Aug 11, 2005

LOS ANGELES (AP) - The FBI has warned police that al-Qaida cells might use fuel trucks as weapons to attack Los Angeles, New York and Chicago, but officials stressed Thursday the warning was based on uncorroborated intelligence.

The warning was distributed Tuesday via a computer network by FBI officials in Los Angeles to law enforcement agencies primarily in California, said FBI spokeswoman Laura Eimiller.

Though intelligence bulletins usually describe how reliable the information is, this one carried no such statement.

The bulletin warned police that terrorists could use fuel tankers in assaults on the three cities. The warning has not been substantiated, according to two law enforcement officials who spoke on condition of anonymity because of the sensitivity of the situation.

The intelligence originated from FBI headquarters in Washington. It was not immediately clear why the bulletin was sent without details on its reliability.

Eimiller noted that FBI officials often notify police of possible threats, regardless of how accurate the information might be.

"Information at all levels is shared with law enforcement," she said.

princesskittypoo
08-12-2005, 08:43 PM
i hate warnings like this. it sounds so much like rumor.... like just the other day at work i was warned about the new gang initiations that is happening... they are going to kidnap walmart associates... oh wonderful something more for me to worry about (guess what I'M NOT WORRYING)

rachel
08-12-2005, 08:59 PM
they are going to kidnap walmart associates...

Hmm... maybe Walmart will go out of business then. :)

They have so many warnings (real or not) that most people don't even notice anyway. I heard on the news tonight that we were down from an orange level to yellow again. All I could think was "we were at orange?" And what the hell is orange?

I keep waiting for the government to pass a law requiring them to text msg everyone when the terror alert changes colors. Can you imagine? Getting a text message that says "notice: your city could possibly be under attack; take cover if you are at your local Walmart." Heheh.

Gold9472
08-12-2005, 09:05 PM
Hmm... maybe Walmart will go out of business then. :)

They have so many warnings (real or not) that most people don't even notice anyway. I heard on the news tonight that we were down from an orange level to yellow again. All I could think was "we were at orange?" And what the hell is orange?

I keep waiting for the government to pass a law requiring them to text msg everyone when the terror alert changes colors. Can you imagine? Getting a text message that says "notice: your city could possibly be under attack; take cover if you are at your local Walmart." Heheh.

"Terror On Command"...

rachel
08-12-2005, 09:53 PM
no kidding... at at $2.99/mo for unlimited messages.... oh no. what will the world come to? wait, we're already there. :rolleyes: