PDA

View Full Version : Is He F***ing Kidding?

ehnyah
08-12-2005, 08:53 AM
http://us.news3.yimg.com/us.i2.yimg.com/p/rids/20050807/i/r387937932.jpg
All hail dear leader and his glorious war in Iraq

Pentagon announces September 11 concert
Washington
August 10, 2005 - 1:36PM

The Pentagon would hold a massive march and country music concert to mark the fourth anniversary of the September 11 terrorist attacks, US Defence Secretary Donald Rumsfeld said in an announcement tucked into an Iraq war briefing today.

"This year the Department of Defence will initiate an America Supports Your Freedom Walk," Rumsfeld said, adding that the march would remind people of "the sacrifices of this generation and of each previous generation".

The march will start at the Pentagon, where nearly 200 people died on September 11, 2001, and end at the National Mall with a show by country star Clint Black.

Word of the event startled some observers.

"I've never heard of such a thing," said John Pike, who has been a defence analyst in Washington for 25 years and runs GlobalSecurity.org.

Rieckhoff suggested the event was an ill-conceived publicity stunt.

"I think it's clear that their public opinion polls are in the toilet," he said.

Rumsfeld's march had some relatives of September 11 victims fuming.

"How about telling Mr Rumsfeld to leave the memories of September 11 victims to the families?" said Monica Gabrielle, who lost her husband in the attacks.

Oh yeah, this is for real

WASHINGTON, Aug. 9, 2005 รข?? The Defense Department today announced the first "America Supports You Freedom Walk" to honor the victims of 9/11 and America's military personnel, as well as to celebrate freedom.

The Freedom Walk will begin at 10 a.m. Sept. 11 in the Pentagon South parking lot, near the site where the airliner crashed into the Pentagon on 9/11. The walk route will consist of a two-mile trek through Arlington National Cemetery, over the Potomac River, and will end by the reflecting pool on the National Mall, where a free concert featuring country music star Clint Black will take place.

"I am proud and honored to be part of the America Supports You Freedom Walk to honor the victims of 9/11 and to support our men and women in uniform," Black said.

Defense Secretary Donald H. Rumsfeld made the announcement today at the Pentagon.

The walk was made possible with the help of several local in-kind supporters, including Stars and Stripes newspaper, Pentagon Federal Credit Union, Subway, Washington Post, Lockheed Martin, WTOP, ABC/WJLA-TV Channel 7 and News Channel 8, and the Washington Convention & Tourism Corporation, according to the Freedom Walk Web site
Why is this vulgar? Well, I cannot put it any better than this Kos poster

My wife and I went to New York about 2 weeks after 9/11 when the Mayor asked people to come, stay in a hotel, eat in some restaurants, see a play, and support the staggering local economy. We saw the posters outside Penn Station, and all up and down the streets, asking for information about the survivors. And we saw the tributes and expressions of sympathy from all over the world at the New York fire stations. At that moment, this country was not alone. But we are now are very close to alone, hated by much of the world, and for that we have George W. Bush, Donald Rumsfeld, and their ilk to blame.

When the 9/11 Victim Compensation Fund program was enacted, several of us from my agency of the federal government volunteered to spend about 3 weeks in New York, explaining the Fund to survivors, and helping them fill out applications if they so desired. I will remember until the day I die the stories of those people -- the parents who lost their only son, working at a job his father had helped him get;, the young woman who dropped out of her freshman year on a scholarship at one of the best colleges in the country to return and desperately pass out handbills searching for her mother; the mother who watched the towers fall from her home on the Jersey shore, knowing that if her only child had gotten to work on time that day (he had), he was on one of the top floors and almost surely dead; the man who got a call while he was talking to us saying that they had identified a small portion of his wife's body; the man who had a silly argument with his wife that morning, never had a chance to make up, and told me never to make the mistake with my wife of one of us leaving the house angry; the survivors of a paramedic who entered the building to try to administer first aid and gave his own life; and countless others.

The victims on 9/11 were Christian, Jewish, Muslim, Hindu, Buddhist, and those of no faith at all; they were those whose families had been in this country for generations, and window washers and dish washers who arrived as undocumented workers only months earlier; they were rich and they were poor; and although I didn't ask anybody their political affiliation, I have absolutely no doubt that they were Republicans, Democrats, and Independents.

What, it won't pass by Walter Reed, so the vets can hobble on their new legs along with the marchers? My God, are we not supposed to notice Cindy Sheehan sitting outside the Pig Farm, yet participate in something that would have shamed Francisco Franco?

These people idea of America is alien to what I was raised to believe. They think this is appropriate? The shitstorm which is coming their way will be quite impressive. And there will be one. Once the NY papers pick up on this, the screeching will be quite loud.

Disgusted isn't the word for this. Violated, maybe. Ashamed, another. Wow.

Oh yeah, Clint Black should roast in hell for participating in this monstrosity. Why not piss on some graves instead?

posted by Steve @ 6:30:00 AM

Comments (191) | Trackbacks (11)

http://stevegilliard.blogspot.com/2005/08/is-he-fucking-kidding.html

somebigguy
08-12-2005, 09:03 AM
Might be a good place to hand out literature and hold up big signs. Probably be lots of press there, etc.

ehnyah
08-12-2005, 09:08 AM
Will be able to talk to Rumsfeld/Bush there...

princesskittypoo
08-12-2005, 08:30 PM
they're turning it into a holiday instead of a rememberance.

rachel
08-12-2005, 08:46 PM
I've got an idea! Let's throw a huge ass party to comemorate one of the most terrible days in our history.

Sheesh... I hope so many protestors show up that they have to cancel the whole thing.

princesskittypoo
08-13-2005, 12:26 PM
I've got an idea! Let's throw a huge ass party to comemorate one of the most terrible days in our history.

Sheesh... I hope so many protestors show up that they have to cancel the whole thing.
that's about how it looks... i'd protest... but then they'd probably just say i was routing the parade on.

Partridge
08-13-2005, 02:38 PM
From the AFP (via Yahoo):

"Some critics of the walk, notably on online political weblogs or "blogs," have said the requirement for marchers to sign up online providing a name and contact information provides the walk with an Orwellian touch.

But Pentagon officials say the requirment is necessary to allow them to estimate crowd numbers."

I'm sure...

And is anyone really surprised that Clint Black is involved in this? Go listen to this song (http://www.uspatrioticpictures.com/music/iraqandroll.mp3)... he's a twat. Plain and simple.