PDA

View Full Version : 50 hours of computer games does kill....

Simply_sexy
08-11-2005, 03:54 PM
SEOUL, South Korea - A South Korean man who played computer games for 50 hours almost non-stop died of heart failure minutes after finishing his mammoth session in an Internet cafe, authorities said on Tuesday.

The 28-year-old man, identified only by his family name Lee, had been playing online battle simulation games at the cybercafe in the southeastern city of Taegu, police said.

Lee had planted himself in front of a computer monitor to play online games on Aug. 3. He only left the spot over the next three days to go to the toilet and take brief naps on a makeshift bed, they said.

"We presume the cause of death was heart failure stemming from exhaustion," a Taegu provincial police official said by telephone.

Lee had recently quit his job to spend more time playing games, the daily JoongAng Ilbo reported after interviewing former work colleagues and staff at the Internet cafe.

After he failed to return home, Lee's mother asked his former colleagues to find him. When they reached the cafe, Lee said he would finish the game and then go home, the paper reported.

He died a few minutes later, it said.

Copyright 2005 Reuters Limited. All rights reserved. Republication or redistribution of Reuters content is expressly prohibited without the prior written consent of Reuters.

Simply_sexy
08-11-2005, 03:55 PM
Now if WGST takes 1st place back in the arcade, we'll know why... It certainly wasn't because I couldn't kick his ass!!

911=inside job
08-11-2005, 07:06 PM
too much of anything will kill you.. this proves it.. lol

WhiteGuySaysThis
08-12-2005, 05:32 PM
Now if WGST takes 1st place back in the arcade, we'll know why... It certainly wasn't because I couldn't kick his ass!!Sorry hunny, we all know I am the arcade king!

Gold9472
08-12-2005, 05:34 PM
Wait a second... did Simply_sexy post a news story?

Simply_sexy
08-13-2005, 09:37 AM
Wait a second... did Simply_sexy post a news story?
Bleh bleh bleh!!!

princesskittypoo
08-13-2005, 12:30 PM
well this is something i for sure won't die of.

miss_muffet
08-14-2005, 09:36 PM
me either PKP. i don't really care for games all that much. just silly ones if any.