PDA

View Full Version : Sibel Edmonds - Vanity Fair Article

Gold9472
08-03-2005, 09:34 PM
Sibel Edmonds - Vanity Fair Article
Thanks to dazinith (www.911blogger.com) for the article

http://pogoblog.typepad.com/pogo/2005/08/vanity_fair_pro.html

YOU MUST READ THIS!!!

Click Here (http://home.comcast.net/~gold9472/vanityfair_clean.pdf)

"It may be more than another embarrassing security scandal. One counter-intelligence official familiar with Edmonds's case has told Vanity Fair that the F.B.I. opened an investigation into covert activity by Turkish nationals in the late 1990's. That inquiry found evidence, mainly via wiretaps, of attempts to corrupt senior American politicians in at least two major cities - Washington and Chicago. Toward the end of 2001, Edmonds was asked to translate some of the thousands of calls that had been recorded by this operation, some dating back to 1997."

Gold9472
08-03-2005, 09:48 PM
http://www.house.gov/hastert/

Gold9472
08-03-2005, 09:57 PM
Edmonds has given confidential testimony inside a secure Sensitive Compartmented Information Facility on several occasions; to congressional staffers, to investigators from the O.I.G.; and to staff from the 9/11 commission. Sources familiar with this testimony say that, in addition to her allegations about the Dickersons, she reported hearing Turkish wiretap targets boast that they had a covert relationship with a very senior politician indeed -- Dennis Hastert, Republican congressman from Illinois and Speaker of the House since 1999. The targets reportedly discussed giving Hastert tens of thousands of dollars in surreptitious payments in exchange for political favors and information. "The Dickersons," says one official familiar with the case, 'are only the tip of the iceberg."

Gold9472
08-03-2005, 10:12 PM
"Several weeks later, a third Turkish speaker joined the department: Melek Can Dickerson. In her application for the job, she wrote that she had not previously worked in America. In fact, however, she had spent two years as an intern at an organization that figured in many of the wiretaps -- the American Turkish Council."

Gold9472
08-03-2005, 10:13 PM
http://www.americanturkishcouncil.org/

Gold9472
08-03-2005, 10:17 PM
"As Edmonds would later tell her F.B.I. bosses and congressional investigators, Dickerson had assigned the American Turkish Council and three other "high-value" diplomatic targets, including her friend, to herself."

Gold9472
08-03-2005, 10:22 PM
"On the morning of January 14, Sibel says, Saccher asked Edmonds into his cramped cubicle on the fifth floor. On his desk were printouts from the F.B.I. language department database. They showed that on numerous occasions, Dickerson had marked calls involving her friend and other counter-intelligence targets as "not pertinent," or had submitted only brief summaries stating that they contained nothing of interest. Some of these calls had a duration of more than 15 minutes. Saccher asked Edmonds why she was no longer working on these targets' conversations. She explained the new division of labor, and went on to tell him about the Dickersons' visit the previous month. Saccher was appalled, Edmonds says, telling her, "It sounds like espionage to me.""

Gold9472
08-03-2005, 10:26 PM
"Another call allegedly discussed a payment to a Pentagon official, who seemed to be involved in weapons-procurement negotations."

"There was talk, she told investigators, of laundering the profits of large-scale drug deals and of selling classified military technologies to the highest bidder."

Gold9472
08-03-2005, 10:33 PM
"Before Edmonds left, Dickerson had time to sidle over to her desk. According to Edmonds, she made what sounded like a threat; "Why are you doing this, Sibel? Why don't you just drop it? You know there could be serious consequences. Why put your family in Turkey in danger over this?""

Gold9472
08-03-2005, 10:40 PM
"On March 8, Sibel appeared at a dingy little office in Washington's Chinatown, where she was polygraphed. According to the 2005 inspector general's report, the purpose of this examination was to discover whether she had made un-authorized disclosures of classified information. "She was not deceptive in her answers," the O.I.G. reported."

Gold9472
08-03-2005, 10:58 PM
"One name, however, apparently stood out -- a man the Turkish callers often referred to by the nickname "Denny boy." It was the Republican Congressman from Illinois and Speaker of the House, Dennis Hastert."

Gold9472
12-02-2005, 10:13 PM
bump

Gold9472
01-29-2006, 07:02 PM
bump

jschurchin
01-30-2006, 12:21 AM
You know what, I really fear for her safety. I put nothing past the intelligence community, they are not to be trusted.

AuGmENTor
08-28-2006, 05:41 PM
Hey Jon, why don't you call Rush Limbaghs show with this info? I'd love to see that fat cock squirm his way around this. Or do you think he'd just hang up on ya?

Gold9472
08-28-2006, 05:59 PM
I don't want to poison my ears.