PDA

View Full Version : Bush torture policies: Suffer the little children...

ehnyah
07-30-2005, 07:40 AM
Mark (http://www.dailykos.com/storyonly/2005/7/24/121942/805) 701 has excellent links on child torture at Abu Ghraib.

Via Scotland's Sunday Herald:

It was early last October that Kasim Mehaddi Hilas says he witnessed the rape of a boy prisoner aged about 15 in the notorious Abu Ghraib prison in Iraq. "The kid was hurting very bad and they covered all the doors with sheets," he said in a statement given to investigators probing prisoner abuse in Abu Ghraib. "Then, when I heard the screaming I climbed the door... and I saw [the soldier's name is deleted] who was wearing a military uniform."

In another witness statement, passed to the Sunday Herald, former prisoner Thaar Salman Dawod said: "[I saw] two boys naked and they were cuffed together face to face and [a US soldier] was beating them and a group of guards were watching and taking pictures and there was three female soldiers laughing at the prisoners. The prisoners, two of them, were young."

Proof of the widespread arrest and detention of children in Iraq by US and UK forces is contained in an internal Unicef report written in June.
(via Sunday Herald, 01 August 2004)

Of course, this aspect of America's growing Gulag...Why'd you apologize, Dick Durbin? It just made us look weak!..has been simmering for some time. Seymour Hersh in 2004 (back)

[HERSH] Some of the worse that happened that you
don't know about, ok. Videos, there are women there. The women were
passing messages saying "Please come and kill me, because of what's
happened". Basically what happened is that those women who were
arrested with young boys/children in cases that have been recorded. The
boys were sodomized with the cameras rolling. The worst about all of them is the soundtrack of the boys shrieking that your government has.

I've got the strangest feeling that Jesus wasn't in favor of torturing children. What did he say... Let me refresh the memory of my KoolAid-drunk Republican friends:

It were better for him that a millstone were hanged about his neck, and he cast into the sea, than that he should offend one of these little ones.
(Luke 2:17)

Is there any wonder that Bush and Cheney are trying to suppress the Darby's Abu Ghraib photos and videos? Because, sure as shooting, if the Abu Ghraib pictures and videos made these guys look good, they would have leaked them already.

http://corrente.blogspot.com/2005/07/bush-torture-policies-suffer-little.html