PDA

View Full Version : Revolution?

Gold9472
01-30-2005, 02:45 PM
It's becoming convincingly clear that a "Revolution" is needed in order for our Government's policies to change. My question to you is... what type of Revolution should it be? I'm sorry to say, but I think it has to be the type of Revolution that you think of when hearing that word.

Bombarding our officials and the media with letters has done nothing. Working at the local level is great when you want to make a noticeable difference locally, but it doesn't help our problems as a nation.

No one wants more death and destruction, especially me, but what options do we have? I'm open to your thoughts...

danceyogamom
01-30-2005, 02:59 PM
It's becoming convincingly clear that a "Revolution" is needed in order for our Government's policies to change. My question to you is... what type of Revolution should it be? I'm sorry to say, but I think it has to be the type of Revolution that you think of when hearing that word.

Bombarding our officials and the media with letters has done nothing. Working at the local level is great when you want to make a noticeable difference locally, but it doesn't help our problems as a nation.

No one wants more death and destruction, especially me, but what options do we have? I'm open to your thoughts...

I agree with you ...
we don't just need change or updating, we need to completely revisit our entire system and even consider starting over ... I believe our system is great ... but it would be so much better if we (as a culture) weren't so immobile in our thinking.

I have often wondered what a vote of no confidence would do for our political system.

I believe we could avoid the voilence of an uprising if we were able to organize on a massive scale - and hit the government where it really hurt. i.e., to protest the massive needs of the educational system - we as a whole stop sending our children to public schools, and threaten to stop paying into the system until a new workable system was in place.

now of course, that would be a huge undertaking ... and people would have to be willing to work with the consequences - but if we could organize something on that scale, I think it has the potential to be successful ...

I think attacking the government's bottom line is the biggest non-violent protest that would get the attention of our system. It all comes down to the money in the long run ...

ScottyAH
01-30-2005, 05:13 PM
It has become painfully clear that. Liberals are cry baby nazi's that want everything to go on as planned ..That plan includes....???? who knows theres no plan. They have duped you to thinking that they are really for your interests. Condi rice is the first BLACK WOMEN to do what she's done. She should be the first BLACK as well as the first FEMALE President. But she's not liberal so she's not a part of your MLK DREAM. If 9/11 was done by BUSH then what do we do about it....SHUT THE FUCK UP AND MOVE ON. It affected me more then anyone of you. MOVE ON. GET LIVES .GROW UP.

Gold9472
01-30-2005, 05:25 PM
It has become painfully clear that Liberals are cry baby nazi's that want everything to go on as planned ..That plan includes....???? who knows theres no plan. They have duped you to thinking that they are really for your interests. Condi rice is the first BLACK WOMEN to do what she's done. She should be the first BLACK as well as the first FEMALE President. But she's not liberal so she's not a part of your MLK DREAM. If 9/11 was done by BUSH then what do we do about it....SHUT THE FUCK UP AND MOVE ON. It affected me more then anyone of you. MOVE ON. GET LIVES .GROW UP.

Referring to Condoleeza Rice as someone who deserves to be President is laughable. She has shown nothing but incompetence at her post as National Security Advisor. I can only imagine what truths she will try to hide as Secretary Of State.

You seem to be forgetting about how she LIED under oath during the 9/11 Commission Hearings. You seem to be forgetting that she co-wrote a book with the 9/11 Commission Executive Director Philip Zelikow, which, in case you hadn't noticed, is a CONFLICT OF INTEREST. You seem to be forgetting that according to the San Francisco Chronicle, Condoleeza Rice called Mayor Willie Brown the night before 9/11 to tell him not to fly the next day. I sure wish people like your aunt, and the rest of the people who died on 9/11 got that kind of warning.

princesskittypoo
01-30-2005, 05:31 PM
I don't see any other course but to start another party... but i can see from just the independent party that it would take years for the general public to start voting anything other than rep. or dem.
i don't know much about economics i just know what we have sucks.

Gold9472
01-30-2005, 05:55 PM
I don't see any other course but to start another party... but i can see from just the independent party that it would take years for the general public to start voting anything other than rep. or dem.
i don't know much about economics i just know what we have sucks.

The Third Party vote doesn't even count. They aren't allowed to participate in the Presidential Debates, they get a fraction of the coverage the two main candidates do... I listened to David Cobbs, and Michael Badnarik debate before, and I can honestly say that either of them would have made a better candidate than the two we were presented with.

princesskittypoo
01-30-2005, 11:04 PM
The Third Party vote doesn't even count. They aren't allowed to participate in the Presidential Debates, they get a fraction of the coverage the two main candidates do... I listened to David Cobbs, and Michael Badnarik debate before, and I can honestly say that either of them would have made a better candidate than the two we were presented with.
what do you suggest we do to remedy the situation we as a country have found ourselves in?

JFK
02-08-2005, 10:26 AM
David Cobbs, Michael Badnarik, or Ralph Nader were ever elected to office. They would be shot and killed in a matter of ways.

princesskittypoo
02-08-2005, 04:00 PM
It has become painfully clear that. Liberals are cry baby nazi's that want everything to go on as planned ..That plan includes....???? who knows theres no plan. They have duped you to thinking that they are really for your interests. Condi rice is the first BLACK WOMEN to do what she's done. She should be the first BLACK as well as the first FEMALE President. But she's not liberal so she's not a part of your MLK DREAM. If 9/11 was done by BUSH then what do we do about it....SHUT THE FUCK UP AND MOVE ON. It affected me more then anyone of you. MOVE ON. GET LIVES .GROW UP.
how did it affect you? tell us your story...

Ophie
02-08-2005, 04:20 PM
Somebody who has shown repeated incompetence, whether black, white, female, male, Repub, Dem, Lib, etc. does not deserve to keep their job, or to be promoted. That's the thing you don't get about us "Libs." We don't care what colour or sex somebody is, we just want them to do their job with honesty, integrity and competence.

And Libs are Nazis? What?

princesskittypoo
02-08-2005, 07:27 PM
Somebody who has shown repeated incompetence, whether black, white, female, male, Repub, Dem, Lib, etc. does not deserve to keep their job, or to be promoted. That's the thing you don't get about us "Libs." We don't care what colour or sex somebody is, we just want them to do their job with honesty, integrity and competence.

And Libs are Nazis? What?
ok i know this is going to sound really stupid... but i thought i knew what a lib. was when i was a cunt. but now that i'm just a "nobody" i don't know what any of the labels mean... can you clarify ophie?

Ophie
02-08-2005, 08:16 PM
ok i know this is going to sound really stupid... but i thought i knew what a lib. was when i was a cunt. but now that i'm just a "nobody" i don't know what any of the labels mean... can you clarify ophie?

I can't stand all these stupid labels anyway. Some people need to learn how to think outside the box and start realizing that Libs and Repubs and yes, even cunts :D are all individuals with individual thoughts and opinions. It's easier for people to label others and think they've got them all figured out because then they don't have to think too much. They just box people into little groups, dismiss them and move on.

Scotty seems to think "libs" automatically hate "repubs" because they're supposed to and vice versa. He certainly follows that line of thought. He doesn't realize that some people are able to think a little more objectively and judge people by their actions and words rather than by the label they have placed on them.

Nowhereman
02-08-2005, 08:19 PM
" We don't care what colour or sex somebody is, we just want them to do their job with honesty, integrity and competence.

Like Teddy Kennedy.;)

Ophie
02-08-2005, 08:20 PM
Like Teddy Kennedy.;)
Blech!

princesskittypoo
07-16-2005, 10:29 PM
I can't stand all these stupid labels anyway. Some people need to learn how to think outside the box and start realizing that Libs and Repubs and yes, even cunts :D are all individuals with individual thoughts and opinions. It's easier for people to label others and think they've got them all figured out because then they don't have to think too much. They just box people into little groups, dismiss them and move on.

Scotty seems to think "libs" automatically hate "repubs" because they're supposed to and vice versa. He certainly follows that line of thought. He doesn't realize that some people are able to think a little more objectively and judge people by their actions and words rather than by the label they have placed on them.
i try to think of everyone as individuals and do think of people in this way. however i gotta say i do not like teddy kennedy.