PDA

View Full Version : Calif. Woman Delivers Baby Boy In Toilet

Gold9472
07-24-2005, 12:01 PM
Calif. Woman Delivers Baby Boy in Toilet

http://news.yahoo.com/s/ap/20050724/ap_on_fe_st/baby_toilet

(Gold9472: Sad, but somewhat funny...)

Sat Jul 23,11:33 PM ET

WHITTIER, Calif. - A woman and her husband said they delivered their baby boy in the toilet at their home after hospital staff told the mother she was not ready to give birth.

The couple, Leah and Richard Robles Jr., said they spent five hours at Presbyterian Intercommunity Hospital on July 9 but went home after they were told she was not ready to deliver. Fifty minutes after arriving home, Leah had the baby in the toilet after feeling the urge to use the restroom.

The baby, Richard Robles III, is healthy.

The hospital's spokeswoman, Wendy Flores, said she could not comment because of federal patient privacy laws.

Leah, who also has a 5-year-old daughter, said she and her husband went to the hospital because she was past her due date, bleeding and having contractions less than two minutes apart. When the couple returned home, Leah used the toilet, and suddenly realized she was having the baby.

She yelled out to her husband, "I think I'm having the baby."

Her husband yelled back, "No you're not, honey. Come back to bed."

A few seconds later, Richard Robles III emerged face up in the toilet.

Richard Jr. scooped him out of the water and held him. Then the couple cleaned him off and wrapped him in blankets, they said. Firefighters who arrived at the home said the parents did everything right.

The couple said they are slightly irked at hospital staff, but grateful to have a healthy baby.

___

Information from: San Gabriel Valley Tribune

princesskittypoo
07-24-2005, 12:26 PM
at least she wasn't a first time mother. and they knew what to do. (my mom had the same kind of labor with my brother. she thought she had to pee and he popped out)

Simply_sexy
07-25-2005, 04:38 PM
Yikes!! I'd like to hear how much the hospital would like to settle this case for to keep it out of court...

Gold9472
07-25-2005, 04:41 PM
They literally gave new meaning to "Drop a few kids off at the pool".

Simply_sexy
07-25-2005, 04:43 PM
They literally gave new meaning to "Drop a few kids off at the pool".
Hahahaahahahaa!!!!!

jetsetlemming
07-25-2005, 04:59 PM
Its surprising how much bad nedical care goes on in America.