PDA

View Full Version : Racists Launch PC Game

Gold9472
07-19-2005, 06:15 PM
Racists launch PC game

http://www.eurogamer.net/article.php?article_id=60093

by Ellie Gibson
18/07/2005 15:10

While anti-gaming critics are busy worrying about a mod that sees two fictional characters engaging in consensual sex, a neo-Nazi organisation has released a game designed to promote racial divisions and encourage violent acts against members of ethnic minorities.

The PC first-person shooter is titled Ethnic Cleansing and is published by Resistance Records, which also distributes racist 'White Power' music. Resistance Records is owned by the National Alliance, the biggest and most active neo-Nazi group in the US.

Players take on the role of either a skinhead or a Ku Klux Klan member - dressed in full KKK robes and carrying a noose - and explore a city that's clearly based on New York. The object of the game is to kill black and Latino people, described as "predatory sub-humans", and their "Jewish masters".

Israeli prime minister Ariel Sharon appears in the game as the final boss, armed with a rocket launcher. His character makes comments along the lines of "We have destroyed your culture!" and "We silenced Henry Ford," before dying with the line: "Filthy white dog, you have destroyed thousands of years of planning."

Resistance Records began advertising the game on Martin Luther King day, using the slogan: "Celebrate Martin Luther King Day with a virtual Race War!"

The National Alliance says this is just the beginning - a whole range of racist videogames are promised in the future, including Turner Diaries: The Game, based on a book by NA leader William Pierce. It's set in a world where "Aryans" attempt to murder all non-whites and Jewish people with nuclear, chemical and biological weapons. The book's fans include, or rather included, Oklahoma City bomber Timothy McVeigh.

"The whole intent of making this videogame was to make a racially provocative videogame," National Alliance chairman Shawn Walker told the United Press.

"If it does help promote the separation of the races, then it's been positive and that's what we want."

jetsetlemming
07-19-2005, 08:29 PM
I've heard about this for a while now. I thought this was old news. I'm pretty sure I heard that this was programed as an Unreal mod.

princesskittypoo
07-19-2005, 08:41 PM
i didn't read this and only read the title... i admit my fault on this. but aren't most video games that are geared towards adult teaching hate of one form or another. take grand theft auto for example. they have people stealing cars and having sex with prostitutes and then killing them. that's teaching violence and hate.

jetsetlemming
07-19-2005, 08:43 PM
The last one (vice city) wasn't hateful. And a lot of them, going by that reasoning, is teaching the hate of aliens and zombies and terrorists. This game has a specific message, and that's to kill blacks and latinos and jews, or they'll take over the world or something.