PDA

View Full Version : May God Bless The United States Military

Gold9472
01-27-2005, 10:44 PM
If there is a "God", may he/she/it bless them, for they are fighting for a lie.

They deserve better.

Let's work on bringing them home.

Please.

danceyogamom
01-28-2005, 09:17 AM

They deserve better.

Please.

I must admit I belive in God ... and I also believe he must be rather disgusted with humanity in general ...

the world deserves better
humanity should be better

so what can we do to fix this?

danceyogamom
01-28-2005, 10:01 AM
I must admit I belive in God ... and I also believe he must be rather disgusted with humanity in general ...

the world deserves better
humanity should be better

so what can we do to fix this?

I just read this ... and it doesn't really follow the thread of war ... but it did give me a boost of confidence in humanity:

http://www.cnn.com/2005/US/01/27/derailment.rescuer.ap/index.html

Gold9472
01-28-2005, 01:12 PM
I just read this ... and it doesn't really follow the thread of war ... but it did give me a boost of confidence in humanity:

http://www.cnn.com/2005/US/01/27/derailment.rescuer.ap/index.html

Nice story... I wonder if he voted for Bush.

Good Doctor HST
01-28-2005, 07:15 PM

They deserve better.

Please.

Our "God" won't bring the boys home. Just like the Muslim fundamentalist crusaders won't get 70+ virgins in their heaven when they kill themselves for Allah. Both Gods are fairy tales. Our soldiers were sent to war by humans, because of human lies, and they'll die for a human cause.... Imperialism and Oil/Power.

Gold9472
01-28-2005, 07:20 PM
Our "God" won't bring the boys home. Just like the Muslim fundamentalist crusaders won't get 70+ virgins in their heaven when they kill themselves for Allah. Both Gods are fairy tales. Our soldiers were sent to war by humans, because of human lies, and they'll die for a human cause.... Imperialism and Oil/Power.

It was wishful thinking... I'm tired of the dying, and I want to see it end.

princesskittypoo
01-28-2005, 08:06 PM
i'm tired of all the death, hatred, greed, destruction that is always everywhere i turn these days.... i have no answers on how to bring them home...
as the area around me just sent the 155th to saudi arabia... and my friends husbands are in the 155th i would definitely love to see them come home. i would hate to have to go to a funeral... even if i get to wear my little black dress... it's not worth it.

Gold9472
01-28-2005, 08:20 PM
i'm tired of all the death, hatred, greed, destruction that is always everywhere i turn these days.... i have no answers on how to bring them home...
as the area around me just sent the 155th to saudi arabia... and my friends husbands are in the 155th i would definitely love to see them come home. i would hate to have to go to a funeral... even if i get to wear my little black dress... it's not worth it.

We have to get people to start writing their elected officials, and their media....

princesskittypoo
01-28-2005, 08:31 PM
We have to get people to start writing their elected officials, and their media....
point me into the direction and i'll do it.

Gold9472
01-28-2005, 08:33 PM
point me into the direction and i'll do it.

The major media is above... just start sending emails to them, etc... your elected official can be found here...

http://www.congress.org/congressorg/home/

danceyogamom
01-28-2005, 10:01 PM
The major media is above... just start sending emails to them, etc... your elected official can be found here...

http://www.congress.org/congressorg/home/

I will write. I will write every day ...
but I do believe our history shows it does no good. No amount of protesting has ever ended a war in this country ... at least not that I can think of

Gold9472
01-28-2005, 10:03 PM
but I do believe our history shows it does no good. No amount of protesting has ever ended a war in this country ... at least not that I can think of

What other options are there?

danceyogamom
01-28-2005, 10:23 PM
What other options are there?

none ... I'm feeling defeated in general these days, so it can be easy to see the negative.

none the less, I *will* still write ...

Good Doctor HST
01-28-2005, 11:01 PM

I think that the protests done at both national and grass-roots level in the 60's against Vietnam and for Civil Rights for blacks and women were major accomplishments. When the American public became aware of things like the My Lei (sp?) massacre, and the college students got involved across the country, a major change in mindset about war came about.

Can the same thing happen with this war, a war that both Bush and Cheney gleefully pronounced as a "War that may last for generations.... until 'Terrorism' is defeated"?

Gold9472
01-28-2005, 11:02 PM
I think that the protests done at both national and grass-roots level in the 60's against Vietnam and for Civil Rights for blacks and women were major accomplishments. When the American public became aware of things like the My Lei (sp?) massacre, and the college students got involved across the country, a major change in mindset about war came about.

Can the same thing happen with this war, a war that both Bush and Cheney gleefully pronounced as a "War that may last for generations.... until 'Terrorism' is defeated"?

Let's hope so.

danceyogamom
01-28-2005, 11:06 PM

can it happen when people fear being persecuted as un-american and treasonous for voicing a discenting opinion?

of course, the suffergets were called treasonous for protesting during a war ... (but they weren't protesting the war)

So maybe? We can hope.

Gold9472
08-13-2005, 07:50 PM
bump

Gold9472
09-16-2005, 08:20 AM
bump

PhilosophyGenius
09-16-2005, 05:55 PM
"God", or any higher power for that matter, does not interfer with world events, ever. Unless your someone special. That's a fact.

Holllaa!!!

Gold9472
12-09-2005, 07:52 PM
bump

Rebel Patriot
12-09-2005, 08:30 PM
A blessing in ritual is actually a blood sacrifice. Blessing's root word is blood-related. It comes from an old english word bloedsain, and the sacrificial animal (or person) was slain and the blood splattered on the worshipers.

Partridge
12-09-2005, 11:09 PM
No offence or anything, but as an irisher, why should I care *more* about an United Statesian than an Iraqi? Or Afghan? Or Serbian? Or etc etc etc...

There is no God, but peace be with all soldier. They fight cos others tell them to do so. Sometimes its thje right fight, other times it isnt. An end to war is good for us all.

Gold9472
12-09-2005, 11:14 PM
I'm an American... I support our soldiers... I support all soldiers... all people... I made this thread to emphasize a point... people who are anti-war, are not anti-soldiers...

PhilosophyGenius
12-10-2005, 12:33 AM
The thing I don't get is that most soldiers seem to support the war effort and have overwhelmingly voted for Bush. That could be propaganda but who knows.

Gold9472
02-14-2006, 08:37 PM
Somebody from the military is looking at this thread... That would be cool if they signed up.

jetsetlemming
02-14-2006, 08:57 PM
The thing I don't get is that most soldiers seem to support the war effort and have overwhelmingly voted for Bush. That could be propaganda but who knows.
They have to support their own actions, even if they don't have a choice. What's the alternative? It's not like they can stop fighting. So they try and keep their chin up and hope their doing the right thing, because it's the only thing they can do.

PhilosophyGenius
02-15-2006, 01:09 AM
They have to support their own actions, even if they don't have a choice. What's the alternative? It's not like they can stop fighting. So they try and keep their chin up and hope their doing the right thing, because it's the only thing they can do.

Good call. Otherwise they'd feel like they put there lives (and in many cases have died) for no reason. So since they're there they've got to believe they're doing the right thing. At least that's my perspective on how they feel. Personally if I were a soldier I'd be pissed off about the war the way Pat Tillman was.