PDA

View Full Version : Bush Declines Comment On Rove During Probe

Gold9472
07-13-2005, 06:08 PM
Bush Declines Comment on Rove During Probe

http://news.yahoo.com/s/ap/20050713/ap_on_go_pr_wh/bush_rove

2 hours, 20 minutes ago

WASHINGTON - President Bush said Wednesday that he will not comment on Karl Rove's role in leaking the identity of a CIA operative while the investigation is ongoing. "This is a serious investigation," Bush said at the end of a meeting with his Cabinet, with Rove sitting just behind him. "I will be more than happy to comment on this matter once this investigation is complete.

"I also will not prejudge the investigation based on media reports," he said.

Bush's comments follow the disclosure that Rove talked about the officer in a July 11, 2003, conversation with Time magazine reporter Matthew Cooper. Coper wrote an article in 2003 in which he identified the officer as Valerie Plame, although Rove did not discuss her by name.

Bush said last year he would fire anyone found to have leaked Plame's identity.

Earlier, first lady Laura Bush, talking to reporters while traveling in Africa, called Rove "a very good friend" but said she did not want to talk about the investigation.

Good Doctor HST
07-13-2005, 06:18 PM
I think Bush is going to have a hard time firing Karl Rove.

Think about how much dirt Karl Rove has on the Bush administration. Every underhanded deal, every bit of information that was falsified, Rove was either the mastermind (as everyone claims) or he's privy to the info......

If the higher echelon Repubs try to strong-arm Karl Rove, he could threaten to spill the beans. You'd have better odds of Karl "committing suicide" or meeting some sort of unfortunate accident then being forced out of his position. If he's "forced out", it's because he was handsomely recompensated for leaving the limelight.

Gold9472
07-13-2005, 06:21 PM
Well... The Republicans are now trying to discredit Joseph Wilson which means they have no intention of doing anything about Karl Rove.