PDA

View Full Version : Thoughts on a water/hydrogen driven engine?

Uber Commandante
07-06-2005, 09:30 AM
http://www.spiritofmaat.com/archive/watercar/h20car2.htm

and the video:

http://www.spiritofmaat.com/archive/watercar/waterenginehq.ram

Gold9472
07-06-2005, 10:47 AM
I'm all for any clean substitute to oil. As I'm sure many people are... However, as long as the oil companies have a say about policy, it will never happen.

Uber Commandante
07-06-2005, 10:57 AM
I'm all for any clean substitute to oil. As I'm sure many people are... However, as long as the oil companies have a say about policy, it will never happen.

Nevertheless, it is pretty interesting. If I could just figure out what metal alloy he is using to cause the reaction in the h20 that is causing the hydrogen to split from the oxygen. Sounds like a good garage scientist experiment.

Gold9472
07-06-2005, 11:02 AM
Nevertheless, it is pretty interesting. If I could just figure out what metal alloy he is using to cause the reaction in the h20 that is causing the hydrogen to split from the oxygen. Sounds like a good garage scientist experiment.

"Reports are coming in now... a massive explosion has taken place... it appears to be a nuclear mushroom cloud... witnesses say some idiot attempted to split hydrogen from oxygen, and as a result, created a nuclear reaction... No terrorist plot has taken place, just some idiot..."

Gold9472
07-06-2005, 11:08 AM
I actually got a letter the other day from some company who was promoting the ability to create your own "Diesel" gas at home...

somebigguy
07-06-2005, 11:33 AM
I actually got a letter the other day from some company who was promoting the ability to create your own "Diesel" gas at home...
That's what I'm investigating. What does the letter say?

somebigguy
07-06-2005, 11:34 AM
Any chemist should be able to tell you what to use. I liked chemistry so much, I took the same chemistry class twice in high school.

somebigguy
07-06-2005, 11:36 AM
Jon, the oil companies and even Bush are promoting alternative fuels.

Gold9472
07-06-2005, 11:49 AM
Jon, the oil companies and even Bush are promoting alternative fuels.

You mean like those Nuclear Power Plants, and Oil Refineries Bush is pushing to be created?

Gold9472
07-06-2005, 11:49 AM
Any chemist should be able to tell you what to use. I liked chemistry so much, I took the same chemistry class twice in high school.

Failed, huh?

somebigguy
07-06-2005, 12:20 PM
You mean like those Nuclear Power Plants, and Oil Refineries Bush is pushing to be created?
Even Bush is pushing diesel. Thats how bad things are or about to get.

somebigguy
07-06-2005, 12:21 PM
Failed, huh?
Yeah, chemistry was pretty cool, just couldn't quite grasp it. Anyway, shit like separating hydrogen from oxygen in water would be pretty simple to any chemist.

Gold9472
07-06-2005, 12:21 PM
Even Bush is pushing diesel. Thats how bad things are or about to get.

I know they "say" they're pushing it... but what have they really done?

Gold9472
07-06-2005, 12:22 PM
Yeah, chemistry was pretty cool, just couldn't quite grasp it. Anyway, shit like separating hydrogen from oxygen in water would be pretty simple to any chemist.

I have no doubt that if Uber wanted to experiment with it, he would be more than capable.

somebigguy
07-06-2005, 01:13 PM
I know they "say" they're pushing it... but what have they really done?
Oh, I don't know. I've seen reports of Bush asking people to buy diesel vehicles. Then the oil companies are asking people to conserve energy use. These two facts alone pretty much prove the situation we're in.

However, its a good thing, now that the oil companies are finally accepting the fact that we're running out of oil, maybe they will support alternative fuels as a way to stay in business. No reason those fools couldn't be growing corn and making ethanol.

Giggles
07-06-2005, 09:12 PM
I'm all for any clean substitute to oil. As I'm sure many people are... However, as long as the oil companies have a say about policy, it will never happen.I so agree, can't mean I don't hope it happens.

Uber Commandante
07-07-2005, 09:06 AM
First - a Question: How does one know when someone has replied to a post? I forgot to check back, and so never saw the ongoing conversation.

Gold, did you know that the first engine created by Rudolf Diesel was run on bio-diesel? modifications had to be made to petroleum to get it to run right in the engine. Even worse - do you know WHEN that first bio-diesel engine was built? 1898. If you can believe that shit - it ran on peanut oil. Imagine what 107 years of technoligical advancement could have done to the bio-diesel industry if our government was not for sale, and then purchased with funds from 'black gold' - and no, that is not a reference to your adopted brother.

I also have a book on how to make LSD out of what is usually found under anyone's sink, so after we split our molecule, we can get started on that. We could drive around tripp'n in our water car.