PDA

View Full Version : War? What For?

Ophie
01-15-2005, 12:39 PM
So no WMDs have been found in Iraq. The search has been called off. Many people had predicted before this war that none would be found, looks like they were right. What a shocker!! Correct me if I'm wrong, but wasn't one of the main reasons for going to war with Iraq the "fact" that Saddam Hussein had all kinds of WMDs and was an "imminent threat" to the security of the US?

Simply stated, there is no doubt that Saddam Hussein now has weapons of mass destruction.
- Dick Cheney, speech to VFW National Convention, Aug. 26, 2002

Right now, Iraq is expanding and improving facilities that were used for the production of biological weapons.
- George W. Bush, speech to UN General Assembly, Sept. 12, 2002

No terrorist state poses a greater or more immediate threat to the security of our people and the stability of the world than the regime of Saddam Hussein in Iraq.
- Donald Rumsfeld, testimony to Congress, Sept. 19, 2002

The world is also uniting to answer the unique and urgent threat posed by Iraq.
- George W. Bush, Nov. 23, 2002

If he declares he has none, then we will know that Saddam Hussein is once again misleading the world.
- White House spokesman Ari Fleischer, press briefing, Dec. 2, 2002

We know for a fact that there are weapons there.
- White House spokesman Ari Fleischer, press briefing, Jan. 9, 2003

What we know from UN inspectors over the course of the last decade is that Saddam Hussein possesses thousands of chemical warheads, that he possesses hundreds of liters of very dangerous toxins that can kill millions of people.
- White House spokesman Dan Bartlett, CNN interview, Jan. 26, 2003

Okay so he doesn't have any. What the hell is this war about then? Where do we go from here? And how come Bush STILL cannot admit that he may have made a mistake???

Gold9472
01-15-2005, 12:42 PM
So no WMDs have been found in Iraq. The search has been called off. Many people had predicted before this war that none would be found, looks like they were right. What a shocker!! Correct me if I'm wrong, but wasn't one of the main reasons for going to war with Iraq the "fact" that Saddam Hussein had all kinds of WMDs and was an "imminent threat" to the security of the US?

Simply stated, there is no doubt that Saddam Hussein now has weapons of mass destruction.

Right now, Iraq is expanding and improving facilities that were used for the production of biological weapons.

No terrorist state poses a greater or more immediate threat to the security of our people and the stability of the world than the regime of Saddam Hussein in Iraq.

If he declares he has none, then we will know that Saddam Hussein is once again misleading the world.

What we know from UN inspectors over the course of the last decade is that Saddam Hussein possesses thousands of chemical warheads, that he possesses hundreds of liters of very dangerous toxins that can kill millions of people.

Okay so he doesn't have any. What the hell is this war about then? Where do we go from here? And how come Bush STILL cannot admit that he may have made a mistake???

Excellent post... Excellent quotes...

The reasons Bush hasn't admitted that it was a mistake would be because the people that support him's heads would explode.

If he admits that it was a mistake, than 1000's upon 1000's of lives died for nothing. The United States would forever be tarnished by a horrible "mistake".

Ophie
01-15-2005, 12:44 PM
Whether he admits to it or not (he'll never admit to ANY mistake) it WAS a mistake. And all those naysayers turned out to be right. That's gotta sting!

Ophie
01-15-2005, 12:47 PM
It boggles my mind that they can get away with this shit!!

Ophie
01-15-2005, 12:53 PM
"The terrorist threat to America and the world will be diminished the moment that Saddam Hussein is disarmed."

-George W. Bush

Gold9472
01-15-2005, 01:11 PM
"The terrorist threat to America and the world will be diminished the moment that Saddam Hussein is disarmed."

-George W. Bush

Instead... multiply the terrorist threat by 100, and that was the result of his actions.

titsmcgee
01-15-2005, 07:10 PM
hi sugartits.

-George W. Bush

Gold9472
01-15-2005, 07:14 PM
hi sugartits.

How are you doing sweat pea?

titsmcgee
01-15-2005, 07:19 PM
i was referring to my little inuit f toy.

How are you doing sweat pea?

Gold9472
01-15-2005, 07:20 PM
i was referring to my little inuit f toy.

She's no one's toy but her BF's...

Ophie
01-15-2005, 08:00 PM
hi sugartits.
Hey there smart ass. :)

Gold9472
01-15-2005, 08:14 PM
Hey there smart ass. :)

Look what it says under your name. :D

Ophie
01-16-2005, 03:42 PM
She's no one's toy but her BF's...
Nice! ;)

Gold9472
01-16-2005, 03:44 PM
Nice! ;)

See what it says next to your name? VIDEO GAMES will be here soon!!!

Nowhereman
01-17-2005, 02:40 PM

I am pissed no WMD's were found. But from a strategic viewpoint, what if the elections go through and and are successful? This would be a turning point in the Arab middle east. It could show other Arab countries it is possible. The idea of having bases in Iraq to threaten Iran is Syria has alot of strategic importance also.

I personally think it was enough reason to get rid of Saddam for paying 25,000 to suicide bombers in Israel and trying to assasinate a former American President. Also, he thumbed his nose at the agreements made at the end of the first Gulf War. I just wish the planning was better.

I think History will have to judge if Iraq was the right thing or not. I agree though, it could go either way depending what Iraq looks like in 5-10 years.

Gold9472
01-17-2005, 03:03 PM
I am pissed no WMD's were found. But from a strategic viewpoint, what if the elections go through and and are successful? This would be a turning point in the Arab middle east. It could show other Arab countries it is possible. The idea of having bases in Iraq to threaten Iran is Syria has alot of strategic importance also.

I personally think it was enough reason to get rid of Saddam for paying 25,000 to suicide bombers in Israel and trying to assasinate a former American President. Also, he thumbed his nose at the agreements made at the end of the first Gulf War. I just wish the planning was better.

I think History will have to judge if Iraq was the right thing or not. I agree though, it could go either way depending what Iraq looks like in 5-10 years.

Now you're thinking like the NEOs... :D What happened to Ralph?

Good Doctor HST
01-17-2005, 04:29 PM
Now I've learned from one of Gold's posts in the PSBB that we have serious plans to airstrike Iran.

Thanks to the Iraq debacle, a military action against Iran, a country WITH nuclear weapons, will generate even more of an economic catastrophe.... Had we not pre-emptively invaded Iraq for no reason, we would have global support and the funds to deal with Iran. But that's not an option anymore, is it?

Of course, Iran hasn't attacked us. They just haven't ceased their nuclear weapons program. Then again, neither has the U.S of A..... Who do you think the Middle East trusts more with WMD's??? Bet it's close!!!

Ophie
01-17-2005, 04:35 PM

Well officials from the Bush administration have already started to say that the elections might not really go as well as they'd hoped they would, and it's really not about the elections now anyway. It's about building a foundation for democracy, blah, blah. The story changes every 5 minutes anyway. I read somewhere that less than 40% of the people are probably even going to get a chance to vote. I mean, would you want to go out and vote if you knew the insurgents were waiting out there so they could blow you up for trying to vote?

Gold9472
01-17-2005, 05:15 PM
Now I've learned from one of Gold's posts in the PSBB that we have serious plans to airstrike Iran.

Thanks to the Iraq debacle, a military action against Iran, a country WITH nuclear weapons, will generate even more of an economic catastrophe.... Had we not pre-emptively invaded Iraq for no reason, we would have global support and the funds to deal with Iran. But that's not an option anymore, is it?

Of course, Iran hasn't attacked us. They just haven't ceased their nuclear weapons program. Then again, neither has the U.S of A..... Who do you think the Middle East trusts more with WMD's??? Bet it's close!!!

Now you're using logic. That's uncalled for sir! :D

Gold9472
01-17-2005, 05:16 PM
Well officials from the Bush administration have already started to say that the elections might not really go as well as they'd hoped they would, and it's really not about the elections now anyway. It's about building a foundation for democracy, blah, blah. The story changes every 5 minutes anyway. I read somewhere that less than 40% of the people are probably even going to get a chance to vote. I mean, would you want to go out and vote if you knew the insurgents were waiting out there so they could blow you up for trying to vote?

What's the percentage of people who vote in the U.S.?

Gold9472
01-20-2005, 10:54 PM
Hey Ophie... I asked you a question woman.

Ophie
01-21-2005, 01:46 PM
Hey Ophie... I asked you a question woman.
Percentage of Americans who voted? Hmm. Around the same amount as will vote in Iraq, maybe less?

The problem I see is, 40% of Iraqis will be in areas that are "safe" enough to vote, the rest are in dangerous zones. Out of those 40% who are eligible, how many will actually vote, knowing that the chances of getting shot, kidnapped or blown up are very high? Doesn't seem like it will truly be a fair, democratic election to me.

Gold9472
02-16-2005, 09:18 PM
WAR... heh... what is it good for... absolutely nothin'

frindevil
02-16-2005, 09:21 PM
Say it again y'all!

- Frind

Gold9472
02-16-2005, 09:21 PM
Say it again y'all!

- Frind

It was just on ;)

somebigguy
02-16-2005, 09:33 PM

Hey Ophie, notice the first thing the U.S. did after capturing Baghdad was to start spying on Iran.

Me thinks they had alterior motives.

somebigguy
02-16-2005, 09:34 PM
Excellent post... Excellent quotes...

The reasons Bush hasn't admitted that it was a mistake would be because the people that support him's heads would explode.

If he admits that it was a mistake, than 1000's upon 1000's of lives died for nothing. The United States would forever be tarnished by a horrible "mistake".
That's not why he doesn't admit it was a mistake. They knew it was BS from the getgo and so did the rest of the world. It was just part of a larger operation, you know that.

Gold9472
02-16-2005, 09:35 PM
That's not why he doesn't admit it was a mistake. They knew it was BS from the getgo and so did the rest of the world. It was just part of a larger operation, you know that.

I'm talking about admitting to the fact that they lied about WMD... not anything else...

somebigguy
02-16-2005, 09:39 PM
I'm talking about admitting to the fact that they lied about WMD... not anything else...
Oh, admitting they lied, I misunderstood. Yeah, he'll never admit that. And neither will his followers.

danceyogamom
02-17-2005, 12:20 AM

what? they didn't lie ... they were acting on perfectly reasonable, logical and probable misinformation that happened to be in their best interests anyway.

(note the heavy sarcasm)

John 63
02-17-2005, 11:57 PM
Right! War? What for?

I'd rather make love!

Right, Ophie?;)

(I just wanted to post something in her thread. She never starts any threads at the other place.):)

Gold9472
02-18-2005, 09:49 AM
Right! War? What for?

I'd rather make love!

Right, Ophie?;)

(I just wanted to post something in her thread. She never starts any threads at the other place.):)

You could say that this thread is a "YBBS Exclusive" :D

John 63
02-18-2005, 12:01 PM
Ophie and I first met on the HSBB. Here's our first exchange:

Kaiser Wilhelm II: "Miss Ophelia, you should not be discussing politics. A good German frauline would not do this."

Ophie: "Je suis mentalment" (You are retarded)! :D

Now I don't speak French, so I had to look this up. Imagine my disappointment when I found out what it meant! I thought just maybe it was something nice! Oh well! Friendships can form from the most unlikely circumstances! She's since apologized for saying this, she thought I was a conservative in disguise, instead of a fellow liberal teasing her!;)

Gold9472
02-18-2005, 12:12 PM

Kaiser Wilhelm II: "Miss Ophelia, you should not be discussing politics. A good German frauline would not do this."

Now I don't speak French, so I had to look this up. Imagine my disappointment when I found out what it meant! I thought just maybe it was something nice! Oh well! Friendships can form from the most unlikely circumstances! She's since apologized for saying this, she thought I was a conservative in disguise, instead of a fellow liberal teasing her!;)

I think my first interaction with her on the HSBB was, "You're Brilliant", or some asskissing thing like that.

You are retarded, what's the problem? :D

John 63
02-18-2005, 12:21 PM
I think my first interaction with her on the HSBB was, "You're Brilliant", or some asskissing thing like that.

You are retarded, what's the problem? :D

Well, "You're brilliant" could easily be mistaken for a sarcastic comment!:D Actually, I stayed away from her after that, and only became friends with her on the new BB.

Gold9472
02-18-2005, 12:26 PM
Well, "You're brilliant" could easily be mistaken for a sarcastic comment!:D Actually, I stayed away from her after that, and only became friends with her on the new BB.

Yes, but I was sincere. :confused:

Which new BB? The PSBB? Phhh... you were lucky to make any friends on that site.

ScottyAH
02-18-2005, 07:56 PM

I have to agree with you...just listen http://rope.wrko-am.fimc.net/press/kerry_holdsadacct.asf
and listen here too ..yout liberal leader is righthttp://rope.wrko-am.fimc.net/press/kerry_mormoney.asf

The Shape
02-18-2005, 09:05 PM
I have to agree with you...just listen http://rope.wrko-am.fimc.net/press/kerry_holdsadacct.asf
and listen here too ..yout liberal leader is righthttp://rope.wrko-am.fimc.net/press/kerry_mormoney.asf
Quit deflecting you Bush loving bitch. Your fearless leader is not innocent in all this mess. He continues to fuck up the world, and blind idiots like you can't see it.

Ophie
02-18-2005, 11:07 PM

No no Kaisey. It's "vous etes mentalment." Je suis mentalment means I am retarded. I'm sure I didn't say that. :D

Ophie
02-18-2005, 11:08 PM
Hey Ophie, notice the first thing the U.S. did after capturing Baghdad was to start spying on Iran.

Me thinks they had alterior motives.
Ya think? ;)

Ophie
02-18-2005, 11:10 PM
Can't reply in your own words eh? Didn't think so. :rolleyes:

ScottyAH
02-18-2005, 11:42 PM
Can't reply in your own words eh? Didn't think so. :rolleyes:
Thats your leader speaking ..who better to tell you like it is...hahahahahaha

Ophie
02-18-2005, 11:52 PM
Thats your leader speaking ..who better to tell you like it is...hahahahahaha
Sorry honey, nobody speaks for me but me.

ScottyAH
02-19-2005, 12:34 AM
Sorry honey, nobody speaks for me but me.
just pointing out that even your side of the political rhelm was for this war

ScottyAH
02-19-2005, 12:35 AM
I was for it ...but now I'm disgusted...I mean those scum bags had a chance to have thier country free..to have a free election and they elect a terrorist..fuck 'em all

Ophie
02-19-2005, 12:53 AM
I was for it ...but now I'm disgusted...I mean those scum bags had a chance to have thier country free..to have a free election and they elect a terrorist..fuck 'em all
Hey, it's their choice. Perhaps we could learn something from this. Nah, nevermind, that'll never happen.

Ophie
02-19-2005, 12:53 AM
just pointing out that even your side of the political rhelm was for this war
Chretien wasn't. ;)

And Paul Martin is the one pushing same sex marriage. That's gotta make ya queasy, eh Scott?

John 63
02-19-2005, 07:33 AM
No no Kaisey. It's "vous etes mentalment." Je suis mentalment means I am retarded. I'm sure I didn't say that. :D

Sorry! I wasn't sure if I had that right, I was working from memory. ;)

John 63
02-19-2005, 07:40 AM
Hey Scotty, leave my kitten alone!:D She's the best!:cool:

Ophie
02-19-2005, 12:24 PM
Right! War? What for?

I'd rather make love!

Right, Ophie?;)

You got it! :)

Ophie
02-19-2005, 12:27 PM
Sorry! I wasn't sure if I had that right, I was working from memory. ;)
Je t'aime Kaisey. I know you know that one. :)

Gold9472
02-19-2005, 12:30 PM

Do you speak French fluently, or just know some phrases?

Ophie
02-19-2005, 12:33 PM
Do you speak French fluently, or just know some phrases?
Un petit peu. ;) I can understand French if you talk really slow, and I can read French pretty well. It takes me a while to form a complete sentence sometimes though. So I guess the answer is no, I don't speak fluently.

John 63
02-21-2005, 07:56 AM

Je t'aime mon ami Ophie!:) My favorite phrase! And boney knees as well!:D

Ophie
02-21-2005, 11:12 AM
Je t'aime mon ami Ophie!:) My favorite phrase! And boney knees as well!:D
Don't forget omelette du fromage!! :p

John 63
02-21-2005, 01:11 PM
Don't forget omelette du fromage!! :p

Bonus doritos, Ophie! And happy enchiladas as well!:D

Ophie
02-21-2005, 02:22 PM
Bonus doritos, Ophie! And happy enchiladas as well!:D