PDA

View Full Version : No Child Left Behind

Gold9472
01-25-2005, 10:52 PM
I happen to know a lot of people who are teachers, and all I've heard from them is how "No Child Left Behind" teaches children to pass tests, and that's it... In an effort to pump up the national averages, etc...

Is that what we want from our children? The ability to look good on record?

Simply_sexy
01-25-2005, 11:04 PM
I'm also against the No Child Left Behind Act. There is not additional funds to hire more teachers so that the children are becoming just numbers instead of names. More and more teachers are against this Act simply because of the fact that its just helping students look good on paper.

goldap
02-05-2005, 01:49 PM
NCLB is a great idea that pushes states, schools and others to a better education for students. If you look at some of the numbers, there are many areas where many classes of students are left out of the picture and therefore will not get the future or jobs that others will be offered.

Money has to be infused to help do what the law says. You have a number of hard working staff members trying to do much with little. Education today is the key to your future tomorrow. These children need to learn how to make an excellent income to pay social security and other taxes to support you.

princesskittypoo
02-05-2005, 08:42 PM
what about some of the school that are going to "no grades" how are they to know that they've learned anything without grading? they could just be kissing ass in the classes instead.